Nx-02

rating: +25+x

Nexus #: Nx-02

Civilian Designation: Annwn (Formerly Avalon)

Population: Unknown

Area Class: Camelot

arawn.jpeg

Nx-02, as depicted by a Foundation sketch artist subjected to SCP-6916.

Nexus Interaction Protocol: Due to the Foundations' revoked access to Nx-02, interaction protocols are to focus on disinformation campaigns, civilian redirection, and historical analysis. Anomalies relating to Nx-02 have had their containment procedures reevaluated and altered to support these interaction protocols. If individual/s successfully access Nx-02, they are to be retrieved as soon as possible and subjected to an interview and amnestic and oneirological treatment.

Access and traversal into Nx-02 by Foundation personnel is to remain a high priority, to prevent an LV-Zero "Lifted Veil" scenario.

Containment Facility: Site-12

Description: Nx-02 is an island located within a partially extradimensional space, accessible from any coastline within the British Isle and Northern France. To date, the only known way of accessing Nx-02 is to apply a Newman-Hyatt Key1, following subjection to a specific oneirological and mnesiological triggers. When applied, individuals are able to walk to Nx-02 via a causeway connecting its coastlines with that of the mainland. This access can be revoked and those who attempt to reach Nx-02 with revoked access will be subjected to translocation and be redirected back to the point of perpetration.

As of this documentation, it is believed that Nx-02 is not inhabited by any living denizen. However, Nx-02 is home to several spectral entities, consisting mostly of canine, cervine and avian animals. Ruins and landmarks found on Nx-02 do suggest that the island was once inhabited. This theory has been further corroborated by the cadavers scattered across the island. These remains include both humans2 and members of the anomalous hominid subspecies homo sapiens tumuli and homo sapiens sidhe.

Homo Sapiens Tumuli: Colloquially known as Tuatha Dé Danann or Tuatha. Before 1988, they were a thriving populous, inhabiting Nx-03 and Ireland. However, since then, their numbers have dwindled significantly, with most now inhabiting the Free Ports. Physiological differences include tapered ears, irises large enough to obscure the sclera, longer lifespans, prominence of black and red hair pigmentation, and a moderate allergy to iron and silver.

Homo Sapiens Sidhe: Colloquially as Fae, Sidhe, Tylwyth Teg, Aos sí, or Fair Folk. Due to current and historical animosity between them and other hominid subspecies, the current population's size and habitation are unknown. However, a small demographic has been reported inhabiting Three Portlands. Physiological differences include tapered ears, light green pigmented sclera, longer lifespans, prominence of green, purple, and white hair pigmentation, petal-like wing with glassy texture, and a severe allergy to iron and silver.

Due to shared physiological traits and natural affinity with theurgy, homo sapiens tumuli and homo sapiens sidhe are often mistaken and misidentified for one another.

- Prof. Saifur. L. Otters (1994). Thaumic Evolution: The Secret Miracles of Modern Biology

The majority of the botanical life on the island is non-anomalous, with the exception of a species of Alnus glutinosa, which possesses an iron-silver-based xylem tissue, giving the trees' timber a metallic structure and pigmentation. These trees give Nx-02 various thaumactive saddle points3. Ignoring this, when alive, the fibres of the trees have properties identical to that of non-anomalous trees. Although, when chopped and dried, the wood's properties alter to be similar to that of steel.

The island, as well as the space itself, appear to be under the direct control of a human spectral entity, identifying itself as Arawn ap Carnonos, who claims to be the ruler of the island. The entity has demonstrated numerous thaumaturgical feats, including atmomancy, necromancy, and oneiromancy. Currently, due to differences in goals, relations between the Foundation and Arawn ap Carnonos are strained, with the latter revoking all access to Nx-02 from Foundation personnel.

triskelion.jpeg

This symbol, known as a triskelion, was found carved into many of the ruins located on the island.

Due to a lack of documentation, exploration, and situational miscommunication, the history of Nx-02 is mostly unknown. According to research and interviews conducted by the Global Occult Coalition and Unusual Incidents Unit, Nx-02 was, prior to the 1880s, under Fae governance. As a result of the backlash caused by the Sixth Occult War, Nx-02 underwent destabilisation, resulting in its destruction and a loss of around 14% of the Fae population. Despite the acceptance of these claims by the anomalous community, recent research and uncovered evidence suggest that the claims are historically inaccurate. Whether this negationism is a result of either inaccurate record-keeping or deliberate distortion is yet to be determined.

According to recent evidence collated by the Department of History and the Department Of Mythology And Folkloristics, Nx-02 was under human governance up until around 500 AD. It has also been suggested, from several archeologically findings across Northern Europe, that Nx-02 was part of a larger techno-magocracy, tribal government, named the Mabyn, which had governance over most of Great Britain. At some point, during the Roman invasion of Britain, the Mabyn government collapsed for an unknown reason. During this collapse, Nx-02's control was taken by the Fae and removed from baseline reality. Detailing of the Mabyn's history is ongoing.


Addendum: Recovered Documents

During an expedition into Nx-02 on 06/04/2000, the remains of the Arausio, a clipper used by Her Majesty's Foundation for the Secure Containment of the Paranormal, was discovered. Numerous supplies and documentation were recovered from the boat, including several rubbings, sketches, and notes, created by Second Lieutenant Nathanial Logan. Below is a description of Logan's rubbings:

  1. A tree of unidentifiable species is seen planted in a space. A flow of wind or dust is seen intertwining the tree, with the flow emanating from its branches and leaves. On the ground, several creatures, reptilian in shape, are seen feeding on the tree's roots and flow.
  2. The reptilian creatures are seen attacking the tree with their bodies, lightning and fire. A serpent-like creature coils the tree, defending it and retaliating against the attackers. (Notes: Further described in Extinction of Behemoths.)
  3. The serpent from the previous image, is seen standing before the tree. Cuts can be seen on its body but its face is serene, encompassed with the flow. The damaged roots depicted in the first image have been replaced with shelves of books, merging with the untainted tree roots.
  4. Three humanoid-shaped creatures are seen standing side by side. The middle resembles a standard human. The left possesses tapered ears and petal-shaped protrusions on its back. The right is taller compared to the other two and its upper body is coated in a thick layer of hair. (Notes: Men, Ellyllon, Na Liath Mòr?)
  5. The humans and hairy humanoids are seen exchanging tools and crops. In the clouds above, the petal humanoids can be seen, watching the flow, the humans and hairy humanoids.
  6. A group of petal humanoids is seen cleaving the bodies of the reptilian creatures from the first image. Another group of petal humanoids is seen at the base of the tree, inspecting the flow, cutting the roots, and holding stones in their hands. The serpent is seen coiled up in the corner, suggesting a fear of their presents.
  7. The humans and hairy humanoids are seen fighting each other. The petal humanoids sit in the clouds, whispering to the two beings below them and growing a small plant.
  8. A female, human figure is seen holding the plant depicted before and holding it above her. Around her, the hairy humanoids are seen screaming, flowers blooming at their feet. Humans and petal humanoid watch on from the sides.
  9. The humans are depicted forging metal, petting canines, conflicting with the petal humanoids, and meeting three hooded figures, who point to the tree and the coiled serpent.
  10. Several humans and petal humanoids are seen engaging in warfare. Some of the petal humanoids are seen wearing pelts in the shape of the reptilian creatures seen in the first image. The humans and several canines are seen fighting alongside each other. Some of the humans are shown with increased height.
  11. Two islands are seen surrounded by the flow. The left island is depicted with several pillars and towers. The right island is depicted with branching trees.(Notes: Brasil and na nÓg? Blackwood will know more.)
  12. Two groups of humans are seen standing side by side, with one group possessing tapered ears. Both parties are seen holding weapons but also exchanging parchments, suggesting diplomatic relations. Above them, in the clouds, a single petal humanoid is seen, looking down at the two.

Following the discovery of HMFSCP's involvement and successful expedition into Nx-02, the Foundation was able to uncover further documentation in the Juniper Archive in Site-44. Many of the entries had been foxed or consisted of only a few phrases and drawings. Below are the surviving excerpts of Corporal Idris Berach's diary during his time on Nx-02:

The remains of Corporal Idris Berach were found on Nx-02 during the expedition on 06/04/2000, preserved by some anomalous means. The whereabouts of the rest of Arausio's crew and the creatures described by Berach are unknown.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License