News for December 2020

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Fandom Stuff

  • First edition of the EXPUNGED magazine, an original SCP community newsletter spotlighting articles and fan content edited together by Rounderhouse, was published.
  • The live action SCP short film SCP: Overlord won five awards at the Tampa Bay Underground Film Festival.
  • SCP-KO (the Korean language branch of the SCP Wiki) has updated its logo. It, and other branches' logos, can be seen on the International Branches Hub.
  • Several SCP branches ran "Secret Santa" events in which community members created gifts for each other. See the Art Exchange Hub for this wiki's 2020 gifts.

Featured Articles

  • SCP-3219 (by The Great Hippo): This Sour Earth [Canon Renaissance contest prize feature, requested by Woedenaz]
    SCP-3219 has been linked to ninety-six disappearances since its discovery.
  • SCP-5762 (by Rounderhouse): a doctor a day [Canon Renaissance contest prize feature, requested by Rounderhouse]
    SCP-5762 is the Anderson Robotics Hummingbird, an experimental robotic surgery system.
  • SCP-4877 (by Captain Kirby): Good Airwaves [Canon Renaissance contest prize feature, requested by Captain Kirby]
    That's the sound of someone thinking with their head, instead of their internal dioxceline receptors.
  • ...Like Clockwork Hub by multiple contributors [Canon Renaissance contest prize feature, requested by Tufto]
    Eventually, the answer will come for why things are the way they are.

You will notice little 'πŸ“ˆ' emojis beside some articles. That denotes SCP articles which were under 30 and tales which were under 20 when this edition of site news was posted. Give them a little love! Speaking from personal experience, the most frustrating thing that can happen to an article is not deletion, but stagnating below 20 without any comments. So try to read, vote, and comment on these articles! They're often hidden gems :)

Week of December 1st:

SCPs

  • πŸ“ˆSCP-5974 ("It's the end of the world as we know it") - And Marcelles_Raynes still feel fine.
  • SCP-5083 ("Go For Gold!") - I'm afraid you can be disappointed, it's not the gold that are in the top of the mountain in this Wii Party board game. Game hosted by WizzBlizz.
  • SCP-5923 ("The Place I Belong") - An article about when the world leaves you behind. Also ghosts. Written by Grigori Karpin.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-5920 ("Work on What Has Been Spoiled") - And at the end, everyone do things close to poetry. No, it's not a spoiler. Written by Pedantique.
  • SCP-5345 ("Huesos Malos ("Bad Bones")") - Baby skeleton did a bad, bad thing. Written by J Dune.
  • SCP-5618 ("The Dead End") - Hip-Hop. Dead End Hip-Hop. That's it, that's the joke. Written by HarryBlank.
  • SCP-5233 ("Mr. Wiggy, Earwig Teacher") - Local schoolchildren use arcane ritual to resurrect beloved pet bug. Written by Zyn.

Tales

Misc

Week of December 8th:

SCPs

  • SCP-5866 ("The Namesnake") - Don't tell it your name is Stanislas. It will have a hell of a time saying it properly. Written by HarryBlank.
  • SCP-5455 ("Walking Anthills") - Their exact destination is yet to be discovered. Observations made by AnActualCrow.
  • SCP-5751 ("The Last Word") - The exact time when this word will be said is still unknown. Yes, for this last month of the year, we were pretty busy. Written by HarryBlank.
  • SCP-654 ("Thunderhorn") - This artifact is in no way related to the group known as "ThunderCats" and every rumour related to it can constitute a motif of disciplinary action. Written by Uncle Nicolini.

Tales

  • Lord Blackwood Presents: A True Account of the Events of 1666 - "If you are so inclined to believe these words to be naught but fiction, then I shall not dissuade you, and I shall say Happy Christmas to you, and a Happy New Year as well." Written by Smapti.
  • πŸ“ˆInvestigative Journalism - "Is that really it? I’ve done so much and you’re really not going to take the time to explain anything?" Written by margssentif.
  • PEAK - "I stabilize and touch The summit, and grin mad." Written by Elogee FishTruck.
  • πŸ“ˆLouise's Photograph - "To the memories made in that dreaded yet incomprehensibly beautiful place" Written by Cyvstvi13.

GoI Formats

  • Critter Profile: Sparky! - [WWS] "If you look closely at his back paws and some parts of his belly - there, you can see some bone structures and flesh sticking out of him. He's even got a big gaping hole in his chest cavity, but that doesn't seem to bother him at all!" Written by Ralliston and Uncle Nicolini.
  • Ambrose Transylvania: For All The Damn Vampires - [Ambrose] "I have stayed in many hotels in my long unlife, many which have catered exclusively to hemovores like myself. I must say that out of all of them, Ambrose Transylvania is one of the finest establishments I have seen." Written by stormbreath.

Misc

Week of December 15th:

SCPs

  • SCP-0110-J ("Personal Retirement, Effective Immediately") - In other terms, gtfo. Written by Ralliston.
  • SCP-5739 ("ELEPHANT HIDE") - He's somewhere in this china shop. Will you find it? Another game hosted by Supposedly Spooky.
  • SCP-5298 ("Krampusjaeger") - Da. Written by daveyoufool.
  • SCP-5925 ("The Holly King") - Have you ever wondered what motivated us, humans, to put holly in our houses for Christmas and kissing our lovers under this very holly? It's thanks to this person. Written by TheSlothSavant.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-5977 ("The Load-Bearing Members") - What we can just say is that if that continues like that, it will be pretty unbearable. Written by HarryBlank.
  • SCP-5703 ("When Lori Came Home For Christmas") - Well, she hadn't a will of revenge unlike this girl of Seattle, Frances Farmer. Which is good. Written by PeppersGhost.
  • SCP-5057 ("SeΓ±or Taste") - [INSERT RANDOM SONG FROM THE "GUACAMELEE" SOUNDTRACK HERE.] Written by Uncle Nicolini.

Tales

GoI Formats

  • GoAC > Chapter_2.js - [CotBG] "I know who's been editing the holy word." Written by Marcelles_Raynes.

Misc

Week of December 22nd:

SCPs

  • πŸ“ˆSCP-5890 ("Within The Inner Prisons We Ourselves Made") - And no, before you ask, it's not something we're really proud of. Written by Ralliston.
  • SCP-5580 ("Heresiography") - We discover new disciplines every day, it's truly fantastic, don't ya think? Heresiographics decrypted by Tufto.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-5870 ("To Make Koalas Fly in the Rain") - All you need for that is just using cream, a CD of the Weather Girls, five ducks and the souls of all the members of the Order of No Quarter from Shovel Knight. Spell approved by Veralta.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-5502 ("Where the Smoke Trail Ends") - SPOILER: it will not be in Oregon. Written by aismallard.
  • β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ-3955 ("Eight Notes") - You cannot separate one from the others, they love each other way too much! Composed, produced and performed by Henzoid.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-5509 ("The Art of War in Contamination") - These days, contamination is no this war of ours. Written by DrAkimoto.
  • SCP-5365 ("You Do Not Recognize The Antibodies In D. Walter") - You don't want to know how they managed to have so much antibodies in them. Written by Pedagon.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-3476 ("A Place to Sever Stranded Heartstrings // Alex's Fountain") - Yeah, now, we try to give names to skips as if it was double A-sides on a CD. Cool, no? Written by JakdragonX.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-3178 ("Through God, All Things Are Possible") - Except telling Him to turn the Tart Top from Mario Kart DS into a real thing. It's not that He can't, it's that He won't. Written by UraniumEmpire.
  • SCP-5266 ("IDIOT SUCCUMBS TO NEUROTOXIN WHILE LISTENING TO MACHO MAN CLICK NOW TO SEE") - I thought the title was referencing Macho Man Randy Savage, so I thought Jim Sterling would do a cameo, but it's totally not that. Unsubscribed and reported. Video edited by IAmTheOoga.

Tales

  • πŸ“ˆA Special Relationship - "Appeal to national pride." Written by Dysadron.
  • πŸ“ˆOver and Over, Until You Meet Again - "So, this is fine dining in Hy-Brazil, huh? I have to say Erlu, you've outdone yourself" Written by J Dune.
  • πŸ“ˆHopping Through Worlds - "My real name doesn’t mean anything to me anymore. The name Hopper relates to how I hop between realities." Written by margssentif.
  • πŸ“ˆThe Definition Of Madness - "I don't know who you are, but you have to help me! Please! There's some crazy guy at the door and he killed all my friends and I'm trapped and he's right outside and I'm-" Written by Rounderhouse.
  • AFTER-ACTION REPORT - OPERATION HEAVING SPIRIT - "The bodies were arranged in a specific pattern - it was only made clear by a helicopter pass that the positioning of the corpses spelled out the word "NAUGHTY"." Written by Rounderhouse.
  • πŸ“ˆPartner's Meeting - "There's an unwritten rule for Foundation meetings - arrive 15 minutes early, start 15 minutes late. //" Written by Rounderhouse.
  • πŸ“ˆBarker - "The dog has, if not a friend, at least another dog that she doesn't mind. The other dog is missing half of his ear and has a mottled black and brown coat." Written by Gaffsey.
  • πŸ“ˆBeing Alone - " Life had taken trust from Lyvia, like it had taken everything else, but habits of survival waned here, their edges dulled by the safety of a roof overhead." Written by JeffreyCC.
  • πŸ“ˆBear Flag Republic - "Until further notice please continue operations as normal" Written by Its a Bad Idea.
  • πŸ“ˆMelody For a Tortured Soul - "While other workplaces might have rules set in place for overtime and capped their employees at a certain amount of hours, the Foundation was no such place." Written by Malvarik1.
  • πŸ“ˆHome is where I want to be - "What'cha working on, Mark?" Written by Tyumen.
  • A Josie Holiday - "Tip tap tip tap tip tap tip tap" Written by Sirslash47.
  • πŸ“ˆPukae - "HATERS WILL SEE YOU! YOUR WAKEFUL EYES CAST GLARE UPON THE DARKNESS, FULL OF HATERS" Written by UraniumEmpire.
  • CactusCast - "I mean, I don't get it, you know? Like, is it a Garfield joke?" Written by UraniumEmpire.
  • Re: KTO-0001-Bellfather "Overwatch Council" - "Attached below you will find all the information we have gathered, concerning the leadership of the Security and Containment Protectorate (hereafter designated KTO-0001-Bellfather)" Written by Nykacolaquantum.
  • πŸ“ˆDon't Knock on Strange Doors - "Be Inquisitive. Anomalies are almost always more than meets the eye, and there's some clever way to achieve some additional behavior." Written by not_a_seagull.
  • To Simply Be Loved - "Somewhere, there's a dark closet in a house without a number where an open wooden box rests beneath a bag of dirty clothes. In that box lie creatures, things that were once perhaps beautiful and loved but now are reduced to little more than the space they take up." Written by Ralliston.
  • πŸ“ˆDire Wolf - "I'm not cleared to tell you anything. Hell, I'm not cleared to ask you questions, either, so if we keep talking we're set to have a very dull conversation." Written by DarkStuff.
  • Dr. Cimmerian Hits Reply All - "You're wrong about me hitting Reply All." Written by Uncle Nicolini.
  • πŸ“ˆThe Huron Carol - "A sad kind of trumpeting sound warbled through the water as they soundlessly tapped their plastic cups together, and drank deep." Written by HarryBlank.
  • Bring Me Flesh - "Pick the house. Any house. Who will be the lucky one? Sneaky, sneaky now. Mustn't make a noise." Written by PeppersGhost.
  • πŸ“ˆHear those Slay-Bells ring-a-ling - "We can talk job opportunities and benefits packages once you're all feeling better. Until then, please enjoy the full range of Dr. Wondertainment's hospitality!//" Written by Mr Lapin.

Misc

2020 By The Numbers

Top Rated Articles Year Round

SCP
1- SCP-5000 by Tanhony
2- SCP-5999 by Shaggydredlocks, Woedenaz, Modern Erasmus, volgunstrife. theesherm
3- SCP-5031 by Peppersghost

Tale
1- michael the kiler by Pastarasta1
2- The Totally Legit SCP-6000 Entry Contest! by YossiPossi
3- Blood/Brain by qntm

GoI Format
1- Adoption Poster: Pearl! by Rounderhouse
2- Critter Profile: ZARGOTH, DESTROYER OF DIMENSIONS by ellie3 and Darkstuff
3- Single: (untitled) by oboebandgeek99




Top Rated Articles by Month

January
SCP- SCP-5000 by Tanhony
Tale- The Peculiar Case of Custodian Woodworth and Dr. Bright by hawkguyy
GoI Format- Ambrose Backdoor Soho by UraniumEmpire


February
SCP- SCP-5140 by Rounderhouse
Tale- michael the kiler by Pastarasta1
GoI Format- Ballad of the Fifth Arcadian by RJB_R


March
SCP- SCP-5031 by PeppersGhost
Tale- Cool Guys Don't Look At Explosions by Uncle Nicolini
GoI Format- Adoption Poster: Pearl! by Rounderhouse


April
SCP- SCP-5552 by Captain Kirby
Tale- The Totally-Legit SCP-6000 Entry Contest! by Yossipossi
GoI Format- Intelligence Covenant Dossier: Region-9440AF9 "Pravoslavia" by daveyoufool


May
SCP- SCP-5721 by Cerastes
Tale- I, Palimpsest by NatVoltaic
GoI Format- Critter Progile: ZARGOTH, DESTROYER OF DIMENSIONS by Darkstuff and Ellie3


June
SCP- SCP-5545 by Yossipossi and Calibold
Tale- Tombstone by qntm
GoI Format- Critter Profile: Davy Bones! by tropinano


July
SCP- SCP-5549 by rounderhouse
Tale- Substation 9 by The Great Hippo
GoI Format- La Rue Posts- Brain Stew by Rockteethmotheyes


August
SCP- SCP-5470 by etoisle
Tale- Higher Minds by J Dune
GoI Format- N/A


September
SCP- SCP-5391 by J Dune
Tale- Such a Shame It Didn't Work by HarryBlank
Goi Format- KTE-5634-Ex-Machina-Bosch by Cerastes


October
SCP- SCP-3352 by The Great Hippo
Tale- #letthefactoryfail by The Great Hippo
GoI Format- Ambrose Vienna: An Out-of-Mind Experience by Croquembouche


November
SCP- SCP-5733 by Dysadron
Tale- RONALD REAGAN CUT UP WHILE RAPPING by Lordstonefish
GoI Format- La Rue Post- Willie's Shine by Vivarium


December
SCP- SCP-5866 by HarryBlank
Tale- Dr. Cimmerian Hits Reply All by Uncle Nicolini
GoI Format- Crittler Profile: Sparky! by Ralliston and Uncle Nicolini


Fanart

Here you will find a selection of artists whose art output is worth following. The thumbnails are clickable.

THE COMPLEXITY's Amino Page by THE COMPLEXITY

SCP-939
With Many Voices
complexity1.jpg
SCP-049 and SCP-049-Jcomplexity2.jpgSCP-
Hard-to-Destroy Reptile
complexity3.jpg

JosephJoestar's Classes Icon Warehouse by JosephJoestar

Yesodjojo1.jpgGevurahjojo2.jpgDecommissionedjojo3.jpg

Foundation Cool Achievement Badges by EstrellaYoshte

Social Butterflyscl.pngEngagedegd.pngThank You for Your Cooperationclb.png

ζΎŽζΉ–ι³₯δΈΈEddybird's Artwork by u/eddybirdballz

Greetings from the woods of tabooeddy1.jpgSCP-049 clay sculptureeddy2.jpgSCP-871
Self-replacing cake
eddy3.jpg




Q&A:

Q: Can I replace a blurb that you wrote for one of my articles with my own? I'm not satisfied with it.

A: Absolutely. You will always have that option at any point.

Q: I noticed an error/typo/incorrect information and wish to correct it. May I?

A: Sure! If the changes are not limited to your own article(s) and/or are substantial changes across multiple entries, you should post in that month's discussion page and then make the changes.

Q: I wrote an article and it seems to have stuck. Can I send a blurb of mine to one of the frequent collaborators?

A: Yup! It's much easier if you come to us about it, and it gives you the control over what you want shown on the news page.










Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License