News for October 2020

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Fandom Stuff

  • SCP-FR (French language branch of the SCP Foundation) is running a contest for the SCP-404-FR slot. Participants are asked to write about "An error, something that caused one or the consequences of one". The visual design of the contest hub is worth checking out whether you speak French or not.
  • SCP-PL (Polish) is running the inventive Resurrecting The Deleted contest. Participants pick a title of a work from the Deletions Log, and write an article using said title.
  • SCP-KO (Korean) finished its latest bimonthly contest. The theme of the contest was "Language".

Featured Articles

  • SCP-5380 (by chiifu): My World [Featured by Truc Linh and Quadraginta]
    As a result, the entire mall was showered with snowflakes and small paper hearts.
  • The Significant Others, Part "A" by HarryBlank [Featured by weizhong, Grigori Karpin, and PlaguePJP]
    "I'm not a subject in containment," said Phil.
    Azad grinned. "Sure you're not."
  • Deer And The Overseers [Deer College] by stormbreath [Featured by The Pighead, Marcelles_Raynes, and Pedagon]
    In honor of the termination of the old Council, I'll be looking at the history of Deer's interactions with them…

Reviewer's Spotlight Articles

  • SCP-5462 (Misery is the State of Every Soul Burdened by Mortality.) by Cerastes [Selected by Cerastes]
    […] commonly referred to as his Black Paintings due to their emotionally disturbing contents, themes, and use of dark colours.
  • SCP-5456 (Sweatmother) by faminepulse [Selected by Grigori Karpin]
    “We can be human, yeah we can be respectful, but we can't tolerate chaos. You have to be our[sic] own dads.”
  • SCP-4423 (StepDemon) by Dyslexion [Selected by Sonderance]
    SCP-4423 is a Tartarean-Class demonic entity that manifests during sleep paralysis.
  • SCP-5788 (Partners in sync) by Riemann [Selected by OCuin]
    The integration of SCP-5788 into the plumbing of the kitchen makes removal and characterisation difficult.

You will notice little '📈' emojis beside some articles. That denotes SCP articles which were under 30 and tales which were under 20 when this edition of site news was posted. Give them a little love! Speaking from personal experience, the most frustrating thing that can happen to an article is not deletion, but stagnating below 20 without any comments. So try to read, vote, and comment on these articles! They're often hidden gems :)

Week of October 1st:

SCPs

  • SCP-5070 ("Man's (Only) Best Friend") - Desktop staplers are men's best friends. Written by Nickthebrick1.
  • SCP-5859 ("The PENTAGRAM Papers") - Your favorite good old-fashioned conspiracy, like the old days. You like it? Revealed by Anorrack.
  • SCP-5952 ("The Warbalang") - It rhymes with "Trashwang". Not a strange animal discovered by UraniumEmpire, even if the name looks like that.

Tales

  • Grape Flavored Cigars and Funeral Pyres - "You know, I helped you out after last time, so I just need you to pass me your answer key…" Written by Iapetus The Acausal.
  • Kelipat Nogah - "With the inclusion of Paraspecialists provided by the GOC and the CotBG, Xi-8 should now be able to handle most, if not all mid-level Sarkic Infestations." Written by MalyceGraves.

GoI Formats

  • Ambrose Three Portlands - [Ambrose Restaurants] It's about time. Written by stormbreath.
  • A Cosmic Cycle - [Arcadia] It's in a 8-bit setting, so it looks less impressive, but it will still be a cosmic cycle. Written by LillithHollyMisato.

Misc

Week of October 8th:

SCPs

  • SCP-5585 ("Immortalized") - Real Keters don't die / Forward with the plot / Five-Five-Eight-Five / Form at the plot. Written by RadioactiveRADS.
  • SCP-5936 ("Those that do not wish to be forgotten") - So, here's what we do for not forget them. Written by Ralliston.
  • SCP-5539 ("Pub Crawl") - Getting drunk is more, more fun when other dimensions are involved. Written by cptnubz.
  • SCP-5481 ("The Hugging Trees") - You would not refuse a hug from them, isn't it? See, EthanHanson hugged them and now, they're more happy in their everyday life.

Tales

  • Ocular Variant - "Until the communists had decided to remove and eliminate him as well, for reasons unbeknown." Written by cold_Nights.
  • Big Fish In The Sky - "That is a story for another day. Alright. It's time for bed, sleepy monkey. Have a nice dream." Written by KirQ.
  • The Life Everlasting - "And some hurts could not be forgotten - the decades stewing in filth still haunted him at night." Written by Tufto.
  • Gömböc - "Then she looked down at SCP-4051 and that confusion evolved into anger. Her words made the walls rattle." Written by redredred.
  • Book Club - "The Gospel of Cousin Johnny, Servant of God and Spreader of Song" Written by Elunerazim.

Misc

Week of October 15th:

SCPs

  • Director Bold's Proposal- - This file is ARC'd because the SCP Foundation is not real, so go away. Written by Calibold.
  • SCP-5927 ("The Norther' Light Phantom") - I would like to be scared by the ghost, but with the light in my eyes, I see nothing, sorry. Written by Sirslash47.
  • SCP-2834 ("The Blood of MEKHANE") - 100% without gears on it. Yeah, we are as surprised as you about that fact, right now. Examined by MalyceGraves.
  • SCP-3352 ("Bethlehem Steel") - Jesus of Nazareth knows how to work the wood but not only. Forged by The Great Hippo.
  • SCP-5605 ("Wherever You Go, There You Are") - If I could, then I would / I'll go wherever you will go. Written by ManyMeats.
  • SCP-5092 ("The President of The United States Will Scratch Their Nose at 7:53 PM") - And exactly at that moment. Written by WizzBlizz.
  • SCP-2693 ("Fell Into The Well, Fell Into The Well, Fell Into The Deep Dark Well") - Well, well, well / Oh well. Written by Calibold.
  • SCP-5755 ("Looking For New Source…") - Always looking for new sources of any kind. Always. Discovered by MaskedN00B.
  • SCP-5565 ("Shamir") - Are you sure the name's not "Shamar"? I thought it was "Shamar". Written by LonLangLin.
  • SCP-5223 ("Your Own Personal Car Door to Hell") - The pretty things are going to hell and it's the way to do so. Written by Alex Warbacher.
  • SCP-1631 ("La Vie En Rose") - Laissez-le vous prendre dans ses bras, vous parler tout bas. Ecrit par Cerastes.
  • SCP-5120 ("Fidelis Roma") - For Rome, forever ago. Written by Vivarium.

Tales

Misc

Week of October 22nd:

SCPs

  • SCP-5240 ("Vergussenheit, the City of the Forgotten") - About what I said above, we don't have to worry anymore. They finally found a place. Builded by LanceRadioactive.
  • SCP-5464 ("The responsibility we bear") - We will need to bear something that is not a bear. Handled by Ralliston.
  • SCP-5221 (""The Day After Tomorrow"") - You know, you can say "in 2 days", no need to be so melodramatic. Written by chiifu.
  • SCP-5924 ("Professional Attachment") - It was supposed to be forbidden. Written by Blightknell.
  • SCP-5680 ("The Bird Factory") - Team RR stole the spotlight for a while, but Team Bird is still here, not quite dying. Written by not_a_seagull.
  • SCP-5124 ("playdo mous") - the mous like in this book by the man sir art spee ghel mann but you can play wif it it's J Dune who made that talk to him.
  • SCP-5762 ("a doctor a day") - #1Day1DoctorDecember. Written by Rounderhouse.
  • SCP-5268 ("Off the Wall Taste") - The taste is so good and so strong, all the walls can explode because of that. Even what's over the garden walls. Written by ghosterposter.
  • SCP-5119 ("Uncle Charlie's Toys and Games") - There's people who miss the first days of companies like Wondertainment, when it was just a little, small company. Uncle Charlie is one of those people. Written by J Dune.
  • SCP-5502 ("Go for the gold.") - If you want to have that, don't forget : there's a flow. Go with the flow and ask yourself this question : do I believe it in my head? Dug by Alb123.

Tales

  • Pre-Partum Anxieties - "Uh… doesn't this… faze you at all? What's happening in the town?" Written by Ihp.
  • Do you like Huey Lewis and the News? - "Food Fact: Consuming human brains can lead to Kuru, but not if you're very careful!" Written by Rounderhouse.
  • Tangled Web - "They silently sat there looking over the frozen field. Carlotta heard an owl hooting in the distant woods a few hundred meters away. Otherwise, it was very quiet." Written by Grigori Karpin.
  • What If Things Don't Make Sense? - "But when I looked at the lawn, the grass was purple." Written by DarkStuff.
  • A Terrible Thing - "The jailer steps out into the cold. She is well insulated but it is not long before rimefrost begins to creep along the emerald edges of her vision. She does not seem to mind." Written by Riemann.
  • Omens - "They had come to this shore to die, and in telling us, offer the chance to live." Written by DodoDevil.
  • Isolated, Efficient. - "Glacon drops his personality core into the void, watching it fall until it is too small to see." Written by Tyumen.
  • Everything You Need to Know About Acroamatic Abatement But Were Too Confused by the Name to Ask - "One final point: "acroamatic" means "esoteric." I could have told you that right at the start, but, well, you might not have read the rest." Written by HarryBlank.
  • Dead Dogs, Magic Mounties - "With a permanent home for the researchers employed by CLIO-4 and the AAG now secure, both organizations were dissolved and new Operational Sections took their place." Written by HarryBlank.
  • Shut It Down - "Someone should probably call Light." Written by Grigori Karpin.
  • When It's All Over - "They panic for a moment, moving around and trembling at the sight of the beast. It doesn't bother with them." Written by stormbreath.
  • Nobody Prays For February - "// Allison heard the elevator to the surface ding, open, and then shut. She was left in a dimly-lit infirmary, alone but for the patients in the beds." Written by Ihp.
  • Lilies - "Eighteen days later, as both Kyōko and Yuriko met over drinks, neither quite looking other in the eye, the lilies in both condominiums wilted and faded. Spring had come early, the next year, the third of March." Written by Amelia Wright.
  • flotsam - "This can't be all there is." Written by UraniumEmpire.
  • A Face Too Young To Be Mine - "Several agents had aimed their guns at the black-furred form of the Goatman, who was carrying a woman in her thirties on his back, her leg at a bizarre angle." Written by Ihp.
  • Puffy - " I saw some weird, sick homeless guy with a messed-up face on the road, and I drove the hell away." Written by Dr Gears.
  • Sariling Dugo't Bakal - "At the corner of my eye, I see Vincent, with his big dumb smile and three cups of halo-halo." Written by basirskipreader.
  • NINEEIGHTNINENINENINE - "Oh, that's my new name. I'm Veronica Fitzroy, now." Written by UraniumEmpire.
  • I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire… - "Drew the short straw in your absence, Carol. One of the washers at the Laundr-O-Matic tried to eat someone, we're to handle it. Toff, you're with Grey— spectral disturbance at the Wal-Mart." Written by Ihp.
  • Off the Road, Off the Rails - //"Like… I'm expecting him to walk in at any moment, sit by that bed, and maybe read the Bible and pray for h-his recovery." Written by Ihp.
  • Poison Apples - "Mom arranged another tutor for me. This time it's for Social Studies. This makes four tutors now" Written by theinuite.

GoI Format

  • Ambrose Gloucester: Best You Ever Had - [Ambrose Restaurant] You know, a lot of customers be thinkin' our dishes are about them. This is not to get confused. This one's for you. Cooked by Riemann.

Misc

Fanart

Here you will find a selection of artists whose art output is worth following. The thumbnails are clickable.

Instagram Art Contest by sk0rpt, bubblebaphomet, cookie_cream13, issued_pnts, philltheguy, Rigen

Instagram Art Contestinstagram-contest.jpg


FestiveBone's Amino Page by FestiveBones

Red Realitybones1.jpg"The Startling Statue"bones2.jpg“OwO What’s This?”bones_3.jpg

Klakkr's Artwork by Klakkr

SCP-682klakkr1.jpgSCP-1762klakkr2.jpgSCP-939klakkr3.jpg

lynch artpage fartpage by stephlynch

Tik Tak Towlynch1.jpgGate Guardianlynch2.jpgThe Dragonslayerlynch3.jpg




Q&A:

Q: Can I replace a blurb that you wrote for one of my articles with my own? I'm not satisfied with it.

A: Absolutely. You will always have that option at any point.

Q: I noticed an error/typo/incorrect information and wish to correct it. May I?

A: Sure! If the changes are not limited to your own article(s) and/or are substantial changes across multiple entries, you should post in that month's discussion page and then make the changes.

Q: I wrote an article and it seems to have stuck. Can I send a blurb of mine to one of the frequent collaborators?

A: Yup! It's much easier if you come to us about it, and it gives you the control over what you want shown on the news page.










Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License