GRANT REQUEST FOR THE CREATION OF AN AUTHOR PAGE FOR MRPINES TO SHOW (OFF) HIS CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE SCP WIKI



WARNIN1G

THE FOLLOWING FILE IS PROTECTED BY A PROMETHEUS LABS GARDEN-CHAUCER MEMETIC KILL HAZARD2,3,4

THOSE LACKING PROPER CLEARANCE WILL BE TERMINATED UPON UNAUTHORIZED VIEWING OF THIS FILE

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

promkiller.jpg

MEMETIC KILL AGENT ACTIVATED5,6

CONTINUED LIFE SIGNS CONFIRMED

REMOVING SAFETY INTERLOCKS

Welcome, authorized personnel. Please select your desired file.7


[[collapsible show="View File" hide="Hide File"]]8

PROBLEM


Author MrPines does not currently have a page for displaying his works on the SCP wiki. The large majority of authors with more than three works have an author page where they display their work, thus allowing users to more conveniently view what they have accomplished. The lack of an author page could be detrimental to MrPines' future success in articles, as users that enjoy his works will have trouble finding a curated list of everything he has made.

MrPines has written three successful articles for the SCP wiki, and as stated by the author page hub, meets the requirements for possession of an author page. Author pages are a useful tool on the SCP wiki to show users the entire body of work by a particular user. Every author has their own style of writing, and users who enjoy that style will find great comfort in knowing they can go to a singular page for that user to view SCP articles, tales, GoI formats, etc. by them.


SOLUTION


We propose the creation of an author page for MrPines, listing his current and eventual future works here on the SCP wiki. This will allow users who enjoy his articles to view his works, their rating and comments, and the hard work he's done, all located on a single page.

At this present moment, MrPines' only reliable way of showing users the entirety of his works is to post direct links to them in the SCP IRC9 channels and the SCPD10 Discord11 chat. This is inefficient and can be streamlined by having him post a singular link to an author page, rather than post several links to SCPs. This can prevent spam that is often a problem when conversing online with other users.


BUSINESS CASE


The page is designed to be viewed by users of the SCP wiki. As such, its expected demographic will have no trouble navigating the page and understanding its purpose.

Along with breaking the fourth wall[1], the page will display the theme for Prometheus Labs MrPines created, effectively showing it off. This might possibly let the knowledge of his CSS skills12 be more known to users on the SCP wiki, thus leading to stock price increases to the pleasure of our company's shareholders.


USE OF FUNDING


The projected cost for this project is exactly $0 USD. Once complete, the author page will be added to the list of author pages and will be able to function as intended.

Funding for the project will be put towards the existence of the following articles


As well as the following tales


Additionally, funding will be spent on translated works

Chinese:


Japanese:


French:


Korean:


Additionally2 there will be fanart:



Additionally also there will be a comment box on the page itself.


Funding will also be used for sustaining the existence of the following rating module, used to show the general consensus of how users feel about the page.

rating: +105+x


KNOWN ISSUES


The page, in its complete form, is considered to be meta[2]. While meta pages are not objectively worse than regular pages, a majority of the SCP community has recently formed a distaste for meta articles due to a large influx of them upon the release of several articles in the fourth series of SCPs. It is assumed, however, that since the page in question will be an author page,13 the fact that it is meta should not impact its rating negatively if it visibly shows works by MrPines and displays his writing style clearly.

There is also the fact to mention that several other author pages are meta themselves, some executed much better than this one.14


Bibliography
1. Canton, P. (2012). A Contrived Study of the Fourth Wall. Journal of Terrible Fake Ideas, 67-75.
2. Canton, P. (2013). Meta Articles and What They Mean for the SCP Foundation. Journal of Metaphysics, 90-101.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License