Lurker-Sandbox

The following is an interview with Agent ███████ after an encounter with SCP-███ for the second time in his life.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: When I was younger, my dad used to always warn me about this old house at the top of the street we lived on. It looked like the government had put up notices for demolition back during Vietnam, and forgotten about it. It was real weird and creepy. Stupid kids used to go try and sneak in during Halloween every year, and every year some stupid kid would end up in the hospital because he fell and broke his leg, or got his arm stuck and popped it out of its socket.

But as you know, most horror stories have some stupid plot hook that involves the main character having to go in for the greater good. In my case, my dumb dog had gotten into the house somehow. Even walking up to the door, I felt a chill. This house was bad juju. Dad wasn’t around to stop me though, and I’d loved that damn dog.

I got in through the second floor bedroom window, feeling as though someone was watching me the whole time. I didn’t doubt it, probably some neighbours wondering why the kid from 107 was trying to sneak into the house. I didn’t hear Tom’s barking once I got in. That should’ve been the first sign. The second should’ve been that damn girl in the pictures. Eerie pictures, eyes that followed you as you walked. I could’ve sworn they grinned at times. I was dumb and hard-headed back then.

I found Tom’s collar in the kitchen, thought I heard him back in the main hall. That’s when I first met him. He was the man with the eyes and nothing else. No ears, no nose, no mouth. It was creepy. He told me that my dog had tried to eat his cat, and he trapped him downstairs.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: What? No. I wanted to get my dog and get the fuck out of there. Why would I hang around in that place? It looked like it was half-built and abandoned for years.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: Right, so like I was saying. We went down to the basement, which was down too many stairs to be normal. Sure enough Tom was there, but he looked scared. I didn’t bother with details. I grabbed the cage and that’s when it all started to get really weird.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: Yeah, that’s when they showed up. They [DATA EXPUNGED]. And when I got back up to the lobby, everything seemed slightly out of place. The pictures sure as hell were [DATA EXPUNGED]. Forgot the doors were boarded from the outside to keep people out. I wanted to get back to the second floor and out the window, but I was afraid I’d fall. I had to jump from a tree to get to the window, not to mention those things were on the stairs.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: I did what anyone would do in that situation. I started to cry and scream about how it wasn’t fair. That seemed to stop them for a second, almost like it confused them.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: Exactly like what happened with Doctor █████.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: Well by this time I was confused too. I kept crying softly. Tom seemed angry. I let him go and [DATA EXPUNGED]. It gave me enough time to get up the stairs, but one of them ripped my shirt. When I got up to the room I came in from, the windows were boarded up. I had [DATA EXPUNGED] finally broke through. I was so scared and broke my foot on the fall, but I got out.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: I feel sorry for the kid. I really do. I hope he’s not too fucked up by it. Like my profile states, I was in the ██████████ Mental Institution for three years after that because I wouldn’t stop screaming about [DATA EXPUNGED]. That’s how you found me.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: What happened? Dr. █████ tried to [DATA EXPUNGED]. I warned him it wouldn't work, but he didn't listen. I'm just an agent, right? What the fuck do I know?

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: Yeah, right infront of him. The poor bastard looked like a ghost when it was done. If I had been in his situation, I don't know what would've happened. He's lucky he got away with that though. When ████████ tried, it-

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: Sorry, when Agent ████ did it. It didn't wait, it just killed him.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: Yeah… [DATA EXPUNGED]

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: If I had known? I would've pulled them all back as soon as I heard what he was planning.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: Sure. I'm lucky I got them out mostly in once piece.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: Yeah. I’d go back, if only to destroy that place, though to my understanding you can’t.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Agent ███████: Right, well… maybe a little. I’d like to get an amnesiac to forget it, if that’s alright.

O5-█: [DATA EXPUNGED]

** Footnote: Agent ███████ given a week of personal leave and put on suicide watch. Doctor █████ moved to Sector █ for observation. SCP-███ being watched for abnormalities.**

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License