Project Kashi-sei, 1961
rating: +30+x

Purpose: In the village of Tsuchibuchi (now Tōno, Iwate Prefecture) during the year 1910, an instance of the Zashiki-warashi visibly manifested inside of an upper-secondary educational facility. Despite the Zashiki-warashi's clear existence, third and fourth year students were unable to view the Zashiki-warashi, whilst a majority of the first and second year students claimed to have full visibility.

Due to the Zashiki-warashi's ability to bring great fortune to those whom are occupied by them, the IJAMEA has deemed it convenient to pursue the attempt to persuade Zashiki-warashi to target specific targets, specifically those of higher imperial authority, for the use of great luck to Japan.

The ability to persuade and/or completely control a Zashiki-warashi's choice of individual to haunt also allows the IJAMEA to comprehend specific details of their nature.

Significant goals of Project Kashi-sei include:

  • Further study of the Zashiki-warashi;
  • Solutions on how to bypass the apparent age barrier (possibly through genetic engineering);
  • Persuasion of Zashiki-warashi's location/personnel choices;
  • Persuade the Zashiki-warashi of haunting of high-authority Japanese officials.

Assets: Assets for Project Kashi-sei include:

  • Genetic engineering technology in order to further study the genotypes of Japanese individuals who are known to be a larger target for the Zashiki-warashi;
  • Acquisition of property known to house Zashiki-warashi;
  • Installation of guestrooms and storage facilities in an attempt to contact a larger portion of Zashiki-warashi;
  • Possible militarization of the Zashiki-warashi in terms of acting as a distraction for the enemy to assist Japanese forces;
  • Upwards of 150 Japanese volunteers who are known to be in a domestic relationship with a Zashiki-warashi.

Results: Due to the information confiscated by the SCP Foundation regarding Project Kashi-sei, major setbacks occurred. However, due to the Zashiki-warashi's fairly local location, the IJAMEA was able to slowly maintain its foundation to once again jumpstart Project Kashi-sei.

As of 1965, the IJAMEA has discovered the preferred habitat for the Zashiki-warashi, that being a completely furnished room maintaining cold temperatures. Objects for the Zashiki-warashi to use in their foolery are to be placed around the room for higher probability of habitation. Tools include:

  • Musical symbols;
  • Bells;
  • Electrical recording devices;
  • Prepared water balloons;
  • Any safe object which has the possibility to emit a loud sound.

As of 1971, the IJAMEA has unlocked the secrets regarding age surrounding the Zashiki-warashi, which is being able to create certain chemical compounds which allow adult, developed minds to perceive the existence of the creatures.

An extremely small portion of the brain located in the occipital lobe's activity heavily decreases its activity and efficiency throughout the stages of puberty, with its peak of activity occurring around ages five (5) and six (6).

This newly discovered portion has been named the "yōkai sensory" and is associated with being able to comprehend and visualize manifestations of all yōkai, including Zashiki-warashi. The yōkai sensory's decrease in energy is related to hormones and other chemicals released in the body during puberty.

At this time of this Kashi-sei period, natural chemical compounds began development by personnel of the IJAMEA in order to increase and/or restart activity in the yōkai sensory.

As of 1978, the IJAMEA's chemical compact had finished development and was put to biological testing using live specimens. Major side-effects were presented by the use of this compound, including but not limited to:

  • Insomnia;
  • Bipolar disorder;
  • Fatigue;
  • Anxiety;
  • Depression;
  • Schizophrenia.

Testing immediately began to counteract the presented side-effects.

As of 1983, the IJAMEA had successfully developed the ability to heavily influence a Zashiki-warashi's location in the favor of IJAMEA representatives for further harnessed luck in future endeavors regarding research of any kind.

Throughout the months of September through November of 1983, the IJAMEA had successfully persuaded the domestication of Zashiki-warashi with IJAMEA officials and political representatives that favored the ideology of the IJAMEA as a whole.

As of 1991, a large portion of fractured shards of the IJAMEA unified as one faction. This is believed to be due to the luck harnessed by the Zashiki-warashi that is directed towards beneficial personnel of the IJAMEA and select individuals of the post-war government.

As of 1993, a mass amount of subjects previously injected with the chemical compound invented to reactivate the yōkai sensory suffered from cardiac arrest. Theories of the IJAMEA lean towards the possibility that cardiac arrest was an unnoticed side-effect of the chemical compound. It remained unnoticed due to its long period of time before taking effect.

As of 2008, IJAMEA headquarters and other facilities were reconstructed in the Iwate Prefecture. The IJAMEA now officially consists of many remnant factions that were previously associated before the shatter of the IJAMEA. Research into Project Kashi-sei is still ongoing with the goals to possibly militarize the Zashiki-warashi for the IJAMEA military forces and the overall reconstruction of the IJAMEA using luck harnessed by the domesticated Zashiki-warashi.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License