Jerden's Art Page

rating: +90+x

This is an art page for my various vector graphics, although I'll admit it's more image editing than image creation. This was originally created for my Foundation Facility Insignia (for the English language sites), but I've now moved them and some of my other collections to seoerate Artwork pages (linked above), so this page is basically for all my miscellaneous work.

I do take requests (or volunteer myself) to make icons for new additions to the Facilities Page page, but I generally ask to see the Description or Secure Facility Dossier first - I like it to meet the minimum requirements, that way my work will actually be used on the page. Feel free to use the various insignia I've made on other pages, or to use them as templates to create your own - the sections at the bottom of this page may help with that.

Global Occult Coalition Distinctive Unit Insignia

I made so many Assessment Team and Strike Team Insignia that I put them on their own page!


Locations of Interest

The art I made for this page is now showcased on a Locations of Interest Artwork Page, but I have the map and the different Nexus/Freeport icons I made for it below.

Map of Locations of Interest

Area Class Symbols

For the various types of Nexus, made for the map shown above.


Now, The Serpent

Personal Insignia for characters from my tale series.


Departments

I never miss an opportunity to make another hub, I created this page to list the various departments with their own hubs or tags. While doing so, I realised some of the Departments lacked logos so I made them for the ones lacking them.


Groups of Interest

Only one of these so far.


English Language Facilities

The insignia for English-Language Sites and Areas are now showcased on their own art page.

Secure Facility Insignia

Map of Foundation Facilities



International Facilities

Map of International Branches and Facilities



Lusophone Facilities

The insignia for the Facilities of the Lusophone (Portugese-Speaking) Branch are now showcased on their own art page.

Lusophone Foundation Facilities Insignia


Spanish Branch Sites

Sites using the same numbering system as the Parent Foundation:

Secure Facilities of the Facility-57 (I-57) Canon

In the I-57 Canon, the Latin-American Regional Council refers to its Sites as Instalaciones, translated to Facilities (which means the canon gets called I-57 or F-57, in reference to the main facility in the canon). I made these based on existing line art by Dc_YerkoDc_Yerko and AlmardukAlmarduk, giving them their own unique border (from the I-57 logo on the hub) and a color scheme based on the country they're located in.


Secure Facilities of the French Branch

The French Branch operates Facilities around the world, assigning each with a Hebrew Letter rather than a number. Based on the Francophone Logo created by EstrellaYoshteEstrellaYoshte, to give them a distinctive outline on the map.

Site Insignia

Area Insignia


Polish Branch

I've done a couple of these, based the same template used by ZygardZygard for the Site-PL-69 logo.


Russian Branch

I made a couple of these, so I could mark the most prominent Russian Facilities on the map.


Facilities of the ZH Branch

Numbered versions of designs by Dr V ValentineDr V Valentine with the colors of the ZH-TR logo by the same artist, taken from the ZH Sites Page. It makes for a very recognisable and consistent design aesthetic! Site-ZH-31 design by prtp14prtp14, my original version now improved by Mang GwanMang Gwan

Site Insignia


Using the Insignia

If you'd like to use these anywhere, for anything, then you can. Just link back here when citing your sources, it'll be great for my ratings. Feel free to use the following code to edit the header (for default Sigma-9, Blankstyle and Black Highlighter, may not work for others).

In case anyone's curious, I can imagine these existing in-universe, probably created by each Site and maybe used in a semi-official manner to help people keep track of which number is which. You can see this as a fun way to promote a sense of Site identity and solidarity while doing the Foundation's difficult but necessary work, or you can see it as a cynical ploy to promote a pseudo-nationalistic sense of unity. Or both. Up to you.


Making Your Own

I am happy to make Site or Area insignia for new additions to the Facilities page, but if you would like to try it for yourself, feel free to download and edit the various svg files - template-site and template-area have everything you need to get started, but you can just download and edit any existing logo to use that as the starting point. I created all of them in Inkscape (because it's free), but other image editing software will also work. You may need to also download the Bungee font for the text I use for the Facility insignia, but that's also free.

I'd recommend converting any text into a "path" (if you keep it as text the font may not work in certain browsers) then uploading it to the web as an optimised (plain) svg file. This will give you better resolution than a png, with a much smaller file size (most of the time - if the svg file is larger, it's probably due to shapes or embedded images that can be simplified without any loss of resolution). As far as I'm aware, all browsers should render .svg files without issue, and it enables you to do a lot more with the image if you need it larger (or smaller). Good luck, and remember that all of your questions can usually be answered by Google, that's how I learned this stuff!

When designing these kind of insignia, whether for a character, group of interest, location or facility, I recommend that you follow the Principles of Good Flag design:

  1. Keep It Simple. Keep in mind the size you want it to be, and don't make it too complex.
  2. Use Meaningful Symbolism. The colors and symbols chosen should reflect the location, function, or ideally both.
  3. Use 2 or 3 Basic Colors. Limit yourself to a small number of colors.
  4. No Lettering or Seals. You can make exceptions, but writing is usually unnecessary, and won't be readable at a smaller scale.
  5. Be Distinctive or Be Related. Being related to a real-life flag is a good way to show connections, but you'll want your design to not be too similar to anything that already exists.

For further education/entertainment, listen to the dulcet tones of Roman Mars.

Of course, I have broken all of these principles at one point or another while making these insignia, but generally the closer I stick to them the happier I am with the result - my favourite work on this page is generally the designs that were the easiest to do. That's not to say you can't create a more intricate design, just keep in mind the scale you want it to work at.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License