Jargon
rating: +31+x

I began walking along the hall to the briefing room. Another situation had come up, and I was expected to be present. As I walked my secretary Gloria walked alongside, giving me a cup of joe.

"What's the sitch, Glor?" I took a sip.

"'Nother possible scip. Non-sent RB. Chrono. Might be artificial."

"No kiddin'? Big F?"

"Nah, not Big F or Dr. Dubya. They're thinking Pro Labs."

"Geez, ever since T-kill I haven't heard anything from that place."

She shrugged and opened the briefing room door for me. I nodded and thanked her.

"Gentlemen."

"Heads up boys, it's the SD."

"Whuzzat? The suck dick?"

We all laughed and I sat down at the head of the table, looking at the men before me. We'd been in and out of this room hundreds of times before. Everything from CBs to possible CI attacks made us cram into this room every day.

"What's the story, boys?"

"Big one this time Ralph. We're thinkin' a K."

"Well shit. I hear there's Pro Labs involvement."

"Yeah. Some Gawk guys gave us some intel."

"What?"

"Non-sent object. RB. Chrono, we're thinkin'. Might also be prob bending."

"Some Wie-oo guys actually found it, Ralph. Ran back cryin' all the way to the FBI."

I laughed. "We got an MTF on this?"

"Yep. A-23. No pro-rep from them yet."

"Ok. Big S is done. Big C?"

"Containment's goin' well. We got some psyche immunes watchin' it for a while, just in case."

"Big P?"

"Gawk had intel, so they might come after it. Can't break into here though under the Anom treaty."

"Right. Who's testing?"

"We got Doc James on the go. Y'know him. Did some work with HTD Rep."

"Oh yeah."

The radio crackled in at the center of the desk. "Got the dash E in our sites. Ready to big C. Requesting permission."

Frank leaned over and pressed a button. "You are go to contain Alpha-23."

"Roger that."

Frank looked over at me. "Another one in the bag, Ralph."

I nodded and watched the map behind him blip for a minute or two. The radio voice crackled on again. "We got a successful contain. Returning to base."

"Roger that, over and out." Frank turned off the radio.

I looked around. "Good work men. Lunch?"

They all nodded and we departed. I got a BLT.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License