Herman Fuller Presents: The One Sent By God
rating: +18+x


The One Sent by God

SHE FLIES!

SHE HEALS!

SHE PROTECTS!

TAMER!

WITH HER MANTICORE!




HUMAN?

BIRD?

MIRACLE?

ANGEL?

SOUL!

Sent from the sky and thrown to the streets, she has now decided to create our most heavenly show.

See virtue in person and revel in her divinity! Watch her tame the most vicious of manticores!

Be blessed and impressed with our truly angelic experience!

¡Don't miss it!

ONE DAY ONLY
10 PM this Sunday.
Come one, come all!

The following is a page from a publication entitled To the Circus Born: Herman Fuller's Menagerie of Freaks. The identities of neither publisher nor author have been established, and scattered pages have been found inserted into Circus-themed books in libraries across the world. The person or persons behind this dissemination are unknown.

The One Sent by God

Poor girl, she had been with us for a long time in the circus, and she didn't deserve anything that happened to her. To tell you the truth, I never imagined that this little girl, who came almost from nowhere, would experience so many things with us. On the other hand, I must admit that it will be difficult for me to forget that night she arrived. The moonlight was wondrous and the sky was full of stars when a figure entered the camp. A tall, blonde woman arrived at our tents and headed straight to Fuller. The woman dropped off a baby that night, and after chatting with Fuller a bit she disappeared. Clearly he was going to keep the little girl at the circus as a future investment. Even if it wasn't something useful at the moment, it would be helpful to the business in a few years. Besides, Fuller didn't feel like taking care of the little girl himself, so it seemed appropriate to leave the girl in the care of the manticore tamer. He was one of the most suitable persons in the circus to take care of her and he was always very kind to the child, taking care of her and even protecting her when she was sick. For her, he was her father, and the only family that she had. Still, the little girl always wandered around and made everyone's day, since we were like her little group of friends. However, Fuller didn't like the fact that the little girl was just playing all day, so he told the trainer that he had to put her to work on something. The trainer got straight to work and began to include the girl in his act. She enjoyed seeing the monsters frolicking around, in a peaceful, less scary light, and she loved making them happy. She would act as an accompaniment for the Tamer, a sort of pre-show for his act. "A little Angel Girl taming a baby manticore". It was something quite attractive as a starter, and then the big beast enters with the tamer to do his act. And so, the little girl got to work.



That was the beginning of the little girl's circus career, and it lasted for years and years. Off stage, she spent time with the baby stingray the circus kept. It was like a pet to her, and they were always together. She even gave him a name, Milanesa. She gave it to him because she heard it around some town we visited and we all thought it was very sweet that she had given it that name, since she didn't even know it was a food. Every day the girl got better and better at her act, to the point where customers came more for her than for the tamer himself. Fuller had no choice but to give the girl her own show. It was fantastic for all of us to see Fuller himself tell her that she was going to do her own show. Seeing her hug the tamer with all the joy in the world was spectacular. She was telling him that she was finally going to be like him, she was going to be a great tamer, in her very own show. That had always been her dream, and the tamer was so proud of her. He always spoke to us about how his little girl was going to have the best show in the history of the circus and that was finally coming true.

289

The One Sent by God

To the Circus Born

To the Circus Born: Herman Fuller's Menagerie of Freaks

They started practicing for her solo, but the girl was still a bit clumsy when she was moving around the stage, I guess the nerves of being alone got to her a bit. But that didn't stop her. She was ecstatic, flying from friend to friend and telling them all of her plans for the act. Her act was somewhat peculiar to say the least, but quite appealing to anyone in the audience. It consisted of her entering through the front door, taking a bow while Herman introduced her on the loudspeaker. The next thing the audience could see was our dear girl rising from the floor and passing around all the people nearby. She would choose the person in the audience who was in the most pain (her strangest gift, if you ask me). When she selected someone, she would lift them into the sky, soaring across the tent with her passenger. The girl would fly to the top of the tent and pause, before swooping down and dropping the person onto the stage. A large manticore onto the stage and she would carry the person right in front of the big monster. The person would naturally be terrified, but the beauty would force the beast using only her wings. The crowds loved it.



The training continued, but the girl did not seem to be getting any better. She was a bit frustrated as the day was getting closer and closer, but she still kept a cheerful spirit. Mostly because Milanesa and the Tamer always accompanied her, and she was always calm with them. The problems started almost 2 weeks before the presentation. The girl really wasn't making it and Fuller had noticed that, what bothered him the most was to see that the girl still kept walking around cheerfully, even though the presentation was going badly. We all knew that when something bothered Fuller, things were going to get tense, and that was just what happened. One day we saw the really worried girl running all over camp. Milanesa was lost and nowhere to be found, until Fuller arrived. He was carrying the little stingray in his arms. The little creature was almost unrecognizable, it had no wings or tail, and it had a large cut in the center of its face. Fuller left the animal's body with the girl, who was totally broken and in tears. He told her that he hoped she would take that as an "incentive" to really get to work.

290


290



The One Sent by God

To the Circus Born

To the Circus Born: Herman Fuller's Menagerie of Freaks

From that day on, the girl did not leave her tent and spent day and night practicing. She didn't sleep, and she ate as little as possible. She didn't want to have anyone near her while she was training. She wouldn't let herself be distracted by anyone, not even by the tamer. Sometimes we would take turns passing her food, and it was quite sad to see her like that. Every single time I visited her, she did nothing but practice. She didn't even greet us, or give us a glance, she just followed her choreography. She had big dark circles under her eyes and shaggy, unkept, long hair. Every day we saw her get a little worse, her legs and arms were throbbing, but she had no intention of stopping. The tamer was also very worried, but there was not much he could do. He prayed that this would end with a good show and that everything would go back to normal. Things kept getting worse and worse, until the day of the show finally came.



The young lady could hardly stand up from exhaustion, and her eyes looked lost, but nevertheless, the show had to go on. Everything started as planned, from the entrance to the presentation. After that it was time to fly through the air in search of a person in the audience. The poor thing barely managed to get off the ground, each flap of her wings weighed more and more, and moving was practically impossible. Even so, the girl flew and clumsily grabbed the closest person she could find. At one point she was about to fall, but with a little guidance from the tamer she was able to regain her balance. The young woman did as if that was part of the show, took a breath and moved quickly towards the stage with the fan at her side. As soon as she landed, she could not contain herself and was hyperventilating, holding her overworked arms and wings. At that instant we opened the door for the manticore and the young woman stood in front of the audience member. She opened her wings and tried to wrap them around the beast, but she was so weak that a little push from the beast threw her to the side. The monster did not hold back and tore every last bit of flesh from the unfortunate person. Everyone began to flee in terror, while the tamer and some helpers put the beast back in its cage. The girl, lying on her back on the stage, listened to the screams and roars of the worst night of her life. She had worked so hard only to fail and see her dreams crash and burn.

291


291



The One Sent by God

To the Circus Born

To the Circus Born: Herman Fuller's Menagerie of Freaks

While all the chaos was going on around her, she just walked to her tent, resigned to the fact that she had already lost any hope for her future. After helping to lock up the manticore, the tamer went to see the girl, his daughter. Their conversations lasted the entire night. She cried saying that she had ruined her life, that she alone had damaged her life, while the tamer consoled her by telling her that it had only been a bad night and telling her stories of how he himself struggled. The atmosphere became a little calmer and after the tamer wiped her tears, the girl could finally rest peacefully. She hugged her father, feeling ready for whatever would come next. But she wasn't ready. The next day they found an extremely furious Fuller, who would tell the two of them to accompany him. He led them to the same scene as last night, but now the place was full of thugs. One of the men tied the girl to a chair and put her in the center of the stage. The Tamer looked at Fuller in terror as Fuller handed him a knife and pulled the man closer to the girl's back. Fuller forced the Tamer to cut off the girl's wings. Fuller made the Tamer cut each feather slowly, while the poor girl kept screaming. The Tamer tried to close his eyes while he was doing such inhumane acts, but Fuller did not let him, and made him watch everything he was doing to the young girl he had raised for 19 years. The girl had fainted from the pain when at last both wings detached. As soon as the massacre was over, Fuller became disinterested in the girl. The wings were disposed of, reduced to worthless garbage, just like the girl.

292


292

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License