Heart of Darkness Hub


rating: +32+x
hodbanner.png

SOUTHERN AFRICA, 1973


It is the middle of the Cold War. The SCP Foundation's resources in Africa are stretched thin, reduced to only a handful of clandestine Sites separated like islands in a vast ocean. A small yet formidable Chaos Insurgency, having deepened its roots in the continent for decades, has decided to take advantage of the Foundation's waning presence. Insurgent cells on the continent propagate violent wars fueled by anti-imperialist sentiment, all while stealing anomalous artifacts from the Foundation to further their mysterious goals.

The Insurgency has found one unlikely ally in Southern Africa: The Republic of Rhodesia, an isolated pariah state locked in conflict with the Chinese and Soviet-backed ZANU and ZIPRA insurgents. Rhodesia also faces an unlikely anomalous threat; a micro-nation of reality benders known as Great Zimbabwe has resurfaced, and is constructing a superweapon capable wiping Rhodesia from existence. The alliance between the Rhodesians and the Insurgency is shaky, but Hudson's Scouts, the Insurgency's primary military cell within the country, is prepared to do whatever it takes to defeat Rhodesia's anomalous enemy.

Everyone's views on Rhodesia are mixed—the Insurgency itself is split on ideological lines on whether it should preserve the Veil or actively remove it, let alone if they should undermine the very nation they call a safe haven. So when the Scouts are caught off guard in a sudden ambush and their commander goes AWOL, everything is flipped upside down.

For one fledgling Insurgent, it means questioning everything he has learned from his mentor and every belief he has made, and trusting no one.


EPISODES


hod1banner.png

"I'm offering you a shot at redemption, Jai. A chance to finally prove the world that you're more than what you might think you are."

hod2banner.png

He looked up at the sky; a lone, red star gazed back down at him from the heavens.

hod3banner.png

He figured he had to make his own assumptions going forwards. If Mira was really to be believed, then no one could be trusted. Not even her.

hod4.png

"History shall remember us as the men who seized our own fate and stopped Great Zimbabwe from dictating our future. He chose his path, I have chosen mine."

hodbanner5.png

"You are trying to fit into something that doesn't concern you, nor cares for you. That's the Insurgency, Jai. Too small and too complex of a machine. You're not built for it."


MORE EPISODES COMING SOON - STAY TUNED…


OPTIONAL READING


SC-63/141-65/030The Asset

I would like to reiterate that the amount of destruction and disarray both Items in tandem can cause is utterly astronomical.


BONUS


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License