Fond Memories
rating: +28+x

James Talloran didn’t remember much. He couldn’t remember his first day of high school, or the day he got hired at the Foundation or his Doctoral Thesis- but he remembered the day that Draven Kondraki asked to marry him.

It was on a beach, just outside Big Sur. It was colder than either of them had expected, but frankly, that gave them an excuse to hold eachother closer. They didn't much like swimming, anyways- James' pale skin burnt too easily, and Draven's hair frizzed up something nasty.

After a short walk, Draven dropped to one knee, pulled out a ring, and asked Talloran to marry him. Draven had never been one for opening up, and James remembered laughing that night about how his Fiancé could face down a breached Keter without breaking a sweat, but a short proposal speech left him flustered and bright red.

James was glad he could still cling to some good memories, even if they seemed so long ago.


James Talloran didn’t remember much. He couldn’t remember the feeling of his labcoat, or his SCiPNet password, or what day of the week it was- but he remembered the day that Draven Kondraki asked to marry him.

It was in a dry patch of grass on the side of the road. It was colder than Talloran had expected, but Draven yelled at him that he should have brought a coat. The sun beat down through the clouds, and James could feel his skin turning an angry pink before his eyes, and Draven's hair began to fall out in clumps.

After a short walk, Draven collapsed, blood oozing from his welting flesh. He coughed up a ring, and asked Talloran to marry him. Draven had never been one for opening up, and James remembered weeping that night about how his Fiancé had faced down a breached Keter without breaking a sweat, and died painfully following his short proposal speech.

James was glad he could still cling to some good memories, even if they seemed so long ago.


James Talloran didn’t remember much. He couldn’t remember the feeling of blood in his veins, or what it meant to be human, or the meaning of the word "peace"- but he remembered the day that Draven Kondraki asked to marry him.

It was on an ocean of teeth, under a raging sun that screamed loud enough to make their ears bleed. Stormclouds that gave no repreive from the sun rained down broken glass. They started coughing blood as the impossibly sharp dust shredded their lungs. James' pale skin sloughed off like pulled pork, and Draven's hair began to turn to snakes and chew at his eyes.

After a short walk, Draven dropped to the floor, his body collapsing into a pile of viscera and knuckle bones and asked Talloran to marry him. Draven had never been one for opening up, and James remembered laughing that night about how his Fiancé's body had erupted with spiders as his flesh turned to flaming cornsilk and needles in the wind.

James was glad he could still cling to some good memories, and couldn't wait to make more.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License