Experiment Log 5846


rating: +30+x

The following is a full list of known SCP-5846-2 instances. To add a new instance, use the following format:

Log Format

**Name:**
**Date:**
[[div class="test"]]
**Instance Number:** SCP-5846-2-
**Name on SCP-5846-1:**
**Notable Anomalous Properties:**
**Notes:** (If applicable)
[[/div]]


Name: Dr. Kelp
Date: 28/8/21

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-13
Name on SCP-5846-1: Toad Town
Notable Anomalous Properties: Instance was a petting zoo for frogs. All frogs inside SCP-5846-2-13 were sapient and had built houses and shops including The Fly Emporium, Christmas Tree Frog Farm, and Poison Darts-R-Us. The city used its own currency made from small chewed leaves called Kaloula.

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-15
Name on SCP-5846-1: Corks, Stoppers, and Shameless Plugs
Notable Anomalous Properties: Instance was an empty 5x5x5m room except for a pile of corks with a piece of paper on top. The paper read as follows:


Notes: Investigation into how SCP-5846-2-15 obtained this information is ongoing.

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-19
Name on SCP-5846-1: Desert Island Fishing
Notable Anomalous Properties: Door into the instance was just the door frame on the other side. The landscape consisted of a small sand island with a single tree in the center and a wooden fishing pole with a can of worms next to it. For every hour Agent Soloman fished on the island, 50 USD was transferred from his bank account to an unknown location.
Notes: Can I be reimbursed for the 4 hours I spent in there testing? - Agent Soloman

The Foundation is not responsible for the amount of time you chose to stay in the anomaly. - Dr. Kelp

Can I at least keep the fish I caught? - Agent Soloman

No. - Dr. Kelp

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-30
Name on SCP-5846-1: Cooking by the Booking
Notable Anomalous Properties: Instance was a fancy dessert-focused restaurant. Access was only granted if you had a reservation. No anomalous properties were found before demanifestation.
Notes: We couldn't even get in because Jimmy couldn't even get us a reservation that wasn't 5 weeks out! - Dr. Kelp

Name: Dr. Edison
Date: 28/8/21

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-14
Name on SCP-5846-1: Burger King
Notable Anomalous Properties: Instance was a small castle occupied by sentient hamburgers, who spoke in old English and paid fealty to a particularly large hamburger wearing a golden crown.
Notes: Test was performed in order to see if SCP-5846 could replicate non-anomalous businesses.

Name: Dr. Marcel
Date: 30/8/21

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-16
Name on SCP-5846-1: Banana Bonanza
Notable Anomalous Properties: Instance’s interior was decorated to resemble a tropical rainforest, containing numerous barriers scattered throughout that were native to the area SCP-5846-2-16 was imitating. Individuals entering the store were given bananas by employees dressed in gorilla costumes. These bananas were able to anomalously shoot bullets, with those hit by them erupting into various fruits. A sign reading "Laser tag has never been more bananas than this!" could be seen at the store’s entrance.

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-18
Name on SCP-5846-1: The Omniscient Library
Notable Anomalous Properties: Instance was a library containing hardcover books bearing only a title on the front. These books presented the reader with various information regarding topics portrayed from the perspective of the reader. Such works included:

"Food for Thought": Book contained descriptions as well as notable dishes of numerous eating establishments, with the reader’s opinion on them attached as reviews.
"Back to School": Book contained the reader’s thoughts on schools they had attended, detailing several events, students, staff, etc. After finishing the publication, the reader would be compelled to revisit the areas mentioned.
"Onstage Clown": Book contained moments during the reader’s life they would consider "embarrassing." As the subject reads the publication, they were able to hear distant laughing, intensifying as they continued. These sounds ceased when closing the book.
"What Lies Ahead": The book was empty. Opening it resulted in the reader losing their sense of sight and hearing until closing it again.

Notes: Test was conducted to observe whether SCP-5846 could replicate the Wanderer’s Library.

Name: Dr. Folmar
Date: 30/8/21

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-17
Name on SCP-5846-1: World of Laser Tag
Notable Anomalous Properties: Instance starts out as a lobby for laser tag games, operating similarly to that of other laser tag businesses up until a game is about to start. As the game begins, subjects who have signed up and were equipped for the game are instantaneously teleported to a battlefield. Each team is composed of two field armies, equipped with similar weaponry1 and structure to that of the United States Armed Forces. Subjects are to follow the orders of their superiors and fire at the opposing team with their equipment. If a subject is hit by any lasers, they are instantaneously teleported back to the lobby. The goal is to fight until either team is completely eliminated or surrenders, in which case the remaining team wins and the remaining individuals are teleported back to the lobby2. Depending on how well an individual follows orders and performs in a match, they are awarded with tokens upon their teleportation to the lobby. Later testing has revealed that the amount of tokens correlates to the rank and equipment an individual gets upon joining any future games.
Notes: Requests for SCP-5846-17 to be used as recreational or training activities for foundation personnel is currently pending.

Name: Dr. King
Date: 9/13/21

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-20
Name on SCP-5846-1: Dollar Tree
Notable Anomalous Properties: Upon first inspection, all packages were identical to products found inside baseline Dollar Trees. When opened, all packages contained only apple seeds. The number of apple seeds inside all packages was equal in weight to the normal product.
Notes: I don't know why I test anything anymore. - Dr. King

Name: Dr. Filia
Date: 9/17/21

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-21
Name on SCP-5846-1: Indian Supreme
Notable Anomalous Properties: Instance was a generic Indian Cuisine restaurant. Upon being seated, the subject is handed a menu with a single item on it, the "Indian Supreme". After ordering it, the restaurant lights dimmed, and a pile of hot coals drops from the ceiling. A djinn is summoned, and begins juggling 5 scimitars. The djinn begins using his hands to cut the scimitars into bite sized pieces, landing directly onto the hot coals. He begins tossing the cut swords and hot coals with an unknown combination of over 25 spices. He then serves the entirety of this mixture to the subject. Subject is able to consume the dish without bodily harm.
Notes: Attempts at replicating the dish has been unsuccessful, much to the dismay of the subject.

Name: Dr. Wong
Date: 14/9/21

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-24
Name on SCP-5846-1: Viktor & Knox Travel Managers
Notable Anomalous Properties: Instance was a travel agency staffed by 2 entities resembling octopi, identifying as Viktor and Knox respectively. SCP-5846-2-24 offered travel packages to numerous popular tourist destinations, including those only accessible via Ways and/or interdimensional transit. Upon purchasing a travel package, anthropomorphic luggage and passports would enter the lobby through the restroom and forcibly relocate paying individuals into it, typically by throwing them through the doorway. The restroom remained locked outside such events, preventing investigation and retrieval of lost individuals. D-58819 has been presumed lost in this manner. D-58819 was found in the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Botswana, wearing an Aloha shirt, sun hat, and lei.
Notes: They told me it was a package to Hawaii. - D-58819

Name: Dr. Caraway
Date: 9/17/21

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-26
Name on SCP-5846-1: Lost in the Sauce
Notable Anomalous Properties: Store produced was visually similar to a nonanomalous Italian restaurant filled with marinara sauce approximately four feet deep. Employees inside immediately escorted Foundation personnel deeper into the store. After five minutes of wading through sauce, they were given a seat. Food served was standard Italian restaurant fare. GPS devices attached to Foundation personnel ceased operation once food was served, and it took each agent upwards of three hours to navigate back to the store's entrance.
Notes: In the future, we are to avoid using language that could be detrimental to the recovery of personnel sent into SCP-5846-2. -Dr. Caraway

Name: Researcher Vance
Date: 10/21/19

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-29
Name on SCP-5846-1: Walmart
Notable Anomalous Properties: Store produced was considerably larger inside than SCP-5846's exterior. SCP-5846 took the appearance of a standard Walmart chain store. A notable difference however, was the lack of products aside from walls of different types. Foundation personnel inside SCP-5846-2-29 noted plaster, brick, and wooden walls, as well as some walls of an unknown material. During their time in the store, subjects reported no organisms aside from themselves. Subjects returned without incident.
Notes: I will admit, kinda boring. I should've guessed with a name like "Walmart." I was hoping for something more like SCP-5846-2-14. First test bad luck I guess! -Researcher Vance

Name: Dr. Uwe
Date: 6/24/22

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-31
Name on SCP-5846-1: Rainforest Cafe
Notable Anomalous Properties: A Socratea exorrhiza tree3 emerged from the concrete sidewalk in front of SCP-5846, growing to a height of approximately 16 meters. Rapid displacement of concrete and pavement overturned Dr. Uwe's car. The "stilt roots" of the tree obstructed the entrance into SCP-5846-2-31, though the cries of various animals could be heard from within. SCP-5846-2-31 produced a notable stench of animal feces, described to be "overpowering". Dr. Uwe elected not to enter the establishment out of concern for sanitary conditions and the possibility of food poisoning.

While attempting to leave, Dr. Uwe reported hearing a voice from the tree in front of SCP-5846-2-31. The tree allegedly introduced itself as "Treecy" and began to ramble nonsensically about philosophy and ecological conservation. After a brief search, Dr. Uwe was able to locate a human head within the tangle of roots, though the texture of the head's skin was similar to that of the tree's bark. This head was apparently not the source of the speech Dr. Uwe had heard. Dr. Uwe left the scene shortly after this discovery.
Notes: I wanted to see how it would handle animatronics. In retrospect, I'm not sure why I thought it would be any different. -Dr. Uwe

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-32
Name on SCP-5846-1: STORE WARS
Notable Anomalous Properties: SCP-5846-2-32 contained an extensive array of military-grade equipment beyond what would be expected of a military surplus store. Among the items being sold were rations, weather balloons, radio equipment, backpacks, body armor, crates of ammunition filled with live rounds, hand grenades, and a non-functional M4 Sherman tank (later found to be in proper working order save for the lack of an engine). Employees were dressed in nonstandard military fatigues haphazardly combining attire of United States infantry and Naval military divisions, as well as incoporating design elements of various other nations' military uniforms. One employee was found to be wearing a ghillie suit4, standing completely stationary amid hanging military fatigues on the sales floor.

Upon entry, Dr. Uwe was held at gunpoint by employees and placed under false arrest. He reports having been held in the employee restroom for a period of roughly three hours before evidently being forgotten. Restroom was not locked. Employees made no attempt to recapture Dr. Uwe upon his departure.

For the duration of SCP-5846-2-32's manifestation, non-anomalous businesses within a 10-mile radius of SCP-5846 reported acts of vandalism occurring overnight, with such acts occurring more frequently and with increased severity the closer a building was to SCP-5846. In total, 56 bricks were thrown through store windows, 33 storefronts were graffitied, 12 instances of arson were committed, $482 USD worth of goods were stolen (much of which later appeared for sale within SCP-5846-2-32), and $13,660 USD worth of property damage was suffered by nearby businesses.
Notes: Dr. Uwe was found to have made numerous searches for rare collector's items (particularly action figures) pertaining to the Star Wars franchise in the days preceding this test, and had apparently been attempting to see if SCP-5846 could manifest such limited-availability items. Dr. Uwe has been reprimanded for this violation of protocol and has been indefinitely suspended from any testing involving SCP-5846.

Name: Researcher Turner
Date: 6/25/22

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-33
Name on SCP-5846-1: Hot Topic
Notable Anomalous Properties: A 17th century style pharmacy was produced, containing various remedies and medications for diseases that are currently known to be untreatable. It is unknown if these items are actually capable of curing any of these illnesses, as all subjects who attempt to use them feel their skin burning as physical contact is made with objects and remove them from their body instantly. Thermometric testing shows that all items are at normal temperatures, and no actual burnings were seen on subjects.
Notes: Etymological analysis revealed that the term "Topic" used to refer to external local applications and remedies, however this definition became obsolete over time.

Name: Dr. Cartier
Date: 7/23/22

Instance Number: SCP-5846-2-36
Name on SCP-5846-1: Second Opinion Editorial Services
Notable Anomalous Properties: Interior of store was observed to consist of a single room resembling Dr. Cartier's home office, staffed by a single entity identical in appearance to Dr. Cartier, save for a floating mass of red alphabet letters obscuring the entity's face. Letters appeared to be composed of plastic, but were completely intangible.

If the Cartier entity was presented with a textual work of any nature, it would read the text in its' entirety at an average reading speed, and then return the text. Text read by the entity would be altered to fix any grammatic errors, but all altered text would be colored the same shade of red as the letters around the entity's face. In the case of digital works, attempts to correct the coloring have proven fruitless.

Notes: Well, he's certainly got an eye for it, but I think I'll stick with regular peer review for now. -Dr. Cartier

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License