Etymology of die Glocke
rating: +22+x

Ah Time, it once again brought us trouble, like our marriage. We began to know each other too late, and rushed through it due to coincidence. Additionally, it took only that first and last night to conceive Elisabet. Certainly, Elisabet and our marriage are at least our meagre victory against Time.

FROM: Otto Weber
TO: Ursula Weber
SENT: 10 October, 1939

Heil Hitler.

How are you, my wife? I hope all is well at Magdeburg. As you may have heard from the radio, we have attained victory in the September Campaign. More importantly, I am alright. We may have married in haste for fear of the worst, but it appears that our fears were unfounded. Nonetheless, that spur of the moment gave me reason to fight on. I owe it to those church bells that gave us that thought. At least among my fellows, I know what I am fighting for. You.

That being said, my deployment is still ongoing so I cannot return home yet. Until we reunite, these letters shall be our correspondences to each other.

Sincerely

Otto Weber
Ahnenerbe SS

FROM: Otto Weber
TO: Ursula Weber
SENT: 24 December, 1939

Heil Hitler.

Merry Christmas, my wife. I have received your previous letter and am astonished. To think that it took only that one night to conceive a child, this is wonderful news. There was so little time, and we overcame it. This is absolutely encouraging to me.

That being said, I am sad that I cannot be with you during your pregnancy. There is still so much to be done here. Seek help from our parents, for I am sure they will help. We must discuss on the name at a later date.

Sincerely

Otto Weber
Ahnenerbe SS

FROM: Otto Weber
TO: Ursula Weber
SENT: 1 July, 1942

Heil Hitler.

My wife, thank you. Your words certainly hold a soothing influence over me. If only you were present by my side, the influence would dispel all ill thoughts at once.

I have taken time to reflect on your previous letter, and acknowledged some of it to be correct. I still do abide by my personal belief that my rejected proposal to PROJECT KOLOSS was intended to deny me of directorship. It might have applied untermensch superstition, but that is but a social construct. Regardless, I agree that the current director is not at fault. He is a fellow patriot, as you said. So long the Reich benefits, there is no need to fight over appointments. I am already at a high rank as it is.

But enough of my rants over work matters. I hope the family is doing well. I am pleased that you speak so highly of me to Elisabet. I only pray that I can tell her my various exploits myself. KOLOSS was a misstep, but do tell her that too. Elisabet can learn from her father's experience.

Sincerely

Otto Weber
Ahnenerbe SS

FROM: Otto Weber
TO: Ursula Weber
SENT: 21 February, 1945

Heil Hitler.

My wife, I hope that the family’s resettlement in Breslau has been progressing well since my last correspondence with you. It is regretful that I cannot be there by your side, but we know that the Reich needs me more. Now more than ever before.

You should know by now that the Reich has not been faring well since the disastrous ventures at the Eastern Front. Our enemies are indeed overwhelming us, even with our stock of wunderwaffe. Perhaps my rejected proposals might have changed the outcome, but there is no reason to speculate.

Thus, selected colleagues and I have been preparing for a change in tactics, from offense to defence. It is a matter of time before they overrun the Reich entirely, therefore we must defend. Ah Time, it once again brought us trouble, like our marriage. We began to know each other too late, and rushed through it due to coincidence. Additionally, it took only that first and last night to conceive Elisabet. Certainly, Elisabet and our marriage are at least our meagre victory against Time. Thus, it is fitting to name this defence initiative 'die Glocke', after the bells that began our tale of victory. The enemies can tear themselves apart, but we shall rise victorious from their corpses. And by ‘we’, you and Elisabet are definitely included.

Leave the settlement and come to me in our base at the Owl Mountains, where die Glocke awaits. The security detail will escort you there, should you give the order (They know the path). We can be together again and die Glocke will guarantee that Time shall never impede us.

We will not leave without you and Elisabet. As Obergruppenführer, I promise.

Sincerely

Otto Weber
Ahnenerbe SS, PROJECT DIE GLOCKE Director

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License