D. Ulysses Foole's Proposal
rating: +390+x

Item: SCP-001

Object Class: Thaumiel

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-001 is kept in an armed bunker at Area-31311. Weekly maintenance of critical parts is to be conducted by onsite engineering staff. SCP-001's bulkhead must remain open at all times.

In the event of an impending ZK, YK, CK, XK-Δ, or VK-class scenario, the orders for the usage of SCP-001 are to be unsealed and used by the Designated 001 Liaison (Currently, Dr. Katrina Hiroshi). For this reason, the Designated 001 Liaison is to be permanently stationed at Area-31311.

Description: SCP-001 is an experimental vehicle created by Prometheus Labs, who designated it "Project Backaway." Constructed out of a modified shipping container, SCP-001 is 13.59 meters long, 2.44 meters wide, and 2.9 meters high. Its exterior has been reinforced with an unknown substance that, to date, has completely withstood all attempts to cut through.

Interior access can be achieved through a bulkhead at one end. The bulkhead can only be opened from within. It leads to the "cockpit" of SCP-001. This comprises a third of the interior. The cockpit area is composed of a single chair with six layers of seatbelts, several control consoles, monitors, and two bins for storage.

The remaining two thirds contain the internal workings of SCP-001. Maintenance is conducted via one of the consoles. There is no known intentionally-designed means of manually repairing SCP-001, as the remainder of the interior is completely sealed off.

Though onsite documentation was partially destroyed at the time of its discovery, enough was recovered to determine that SCP-001 is the prototype of a time machine.

The time travel function requires an external energy source that does not currently exist in our world.

Secondary operations are carried out through an unknown, presumably anomalous power source. Currently, the only operable console functions of SCP-001 are internal lighting, cockpit air conditioning, maintenance, movement1, AM/FM radio, a word processor, Spider Solitaire, and The Hunt for Mister Stwinky2.

NOTICE: This article is outdated and has been revised. Proceed to the next iteration...

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License