Dr. Rights' Personal Log

Dr. Agatha Rights was encouraged to start this personal journal, so that she would not create a public "Blog" in order to express her concerns and thoughts. Some information has been selectively edited for security reasons.

2.15.09
The Betrayal of Lefty
betrayaloflefty1.jpg betrayaloflefty2.jpg betrayaloflefty3.jpg

Aaaand eating your face.

eatingyoureyes.jpg

Valentine's Say, 2009
I came into work this morning to find several boxes of chocolates, two human hearts (one still beating), a dead dove that had been shot through with an arrow, and a few cars on my desk.

…I'm going home early.

VACAYTIME
brb, goin' on vacation, suckers!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dear Dr. Rights,
I am aware you are still somewhat recovering from your recent search-and-recovery dispatch, however I wish to log a request. Let me first assure you that it is not that you remand "Tubby" to Site Security. It has been decided that, while it is a SCP-derived item, the danger is low enough that it will be issued to your custody, under the condition that it remains on site and will not be used off-site unless approved by Site Security. Dr. Kondraki's recent promotion, and your timely gift of pie and other baked goods to the review board may have created a bias, but I stand behind the board's decision.
My request is in regards to a termination test preformed on SCP-682. It was proposed to use SCP-053 to terminate SCP-682, despite SCP-053 never before having any affect on any non-human biological life form. SCP-682 reacted in a way wholly counter to all previously recorded behavior, appearing relaxed and making no serious attempts to escape. Please refer to Experiment Log T-98816-OC108/682 for detailed records.
While observation recordings have not yet been released to the public, several members of staff have requested images from this test, many of them using terms such as "Super-cute!!!" and "BAWWWW!!". I am aware of your artistic inclination, and in the interest of shortening a already excessive back-log of paperwork, would like for you to provide a artistic rendering of the event, if at all possible. This will satisfy many of the pending requests with a minimum amount of inter-staff friction.
Thank you for your attention,
Dr. Gears

I just remembered why I went to art school. Also, Tubby!

Monday, December whatever whatever whatever
notepage.jpg
My car needed a new battery, long story short.
scrbble.jpg
Drawn in the margins of a notepage. I had that dream again, where my leg gives out when they're coming.
scrbbleagain.jpg
WOOT WOOT GO SCPSFriday, December 5, 2008, 1:46PM
I probably shouldn't do this since Kondraki's kinda been promoted (thought they were trying to kill him?) but hell, this job is all about risks.
kingofthebutterflies.jpg
"TRA LA LAAAAA I'M KIND OF THE BOOOOTERFLIIIIES!"Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:23 PM
rightnotebook.jpgMonday, December 1, 2008, 8:28 PM - 8:30 PM
I don't feel at the top of my game. Blegh.
therightsnotebook.jpg

Saturday, November 29, 2008, 1:15 PM-1:23 PM
I almost forgot to mention, Thanksgiving went swimmingly. Cooking was a blast (literally, considering how we used SCP-295. So it was basically cooking with napalm) and I had a very interesting conversation with Kain. I'm looking forwards to seeing how that turns out, and have been submitting ideas as they come to me. I don't have the heart to reveal that most of them are out of my old GURPS: Bio-Tech roleplaying guidebook.
Also, apparently taking a day off to decorate the house is sufficient cause for you to be investigated to residual effects of SCP-288. I'd like to think that I am allowed to be domestic on my own, you know.
Well, off to actually do my paperwork. I'm looking forwards to the Christmas season, and to making gifts for everybody. I already knit Kain a sweater after his work with SCP-291, so maybe booties for him. Besides, knitting gives me something to do when I can't focus on other things. It's a good trade for insomnia.

Friday, November 28, 2008, 3:19 AM
I am home, and I am going to bed and to my love now. I feel so content sometimes, I almost regret knowing that I'll wake up and be ready to throw my life into the world of SCPs and danger again.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 4:55 PM-5:26 PM
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and for the first time in my life I think I may not be home to share the meal with my family. A mildly depressing thought, but I do plan to go home early in order to spend Thanksgiving evening with friends and family. However, the festivities will NOT be quelled! After successfully raising a large Terror Bird via SCP-561, I believe that it may be able to feed quite a large amount of the SCP Faculty I intend to invite. Cooking is commencing. I need to find someone to bring a vegetable dish, though, and no nuts. I don't like nuts, there's a risk of allergies, and all that jazz.

██████ asks about work a little more than usual, lately. I think he sees the stress of it getting to me, and wonders why I'm gone so many nights. I spend a lot of daytime that I'm at home sleeping, or trying to sleep, and getting less sleep than usual…which really isn't saying much, considering that the majority of my sleep (75%, give or take) occurs during transport. I nap on copters, planes, in cars…basically whenever I'm being moved. Although I have been caught napping in my office every so often, now. I actually learned that the tiredness I get in moving objects is a form of motion sickness. My brain isn't very fond of motion, so it shuts down. At least I don't get it while driving, that would be bad.

Mom wants me and ██████ to get married and pop out grandkids. I've never even thought of the implication of having kids in this job. They're probably be crazy mutant spider-babies, if not worse. I know that some male researches have wives and kids at home, but they didn't have to come to work pregnant. I don't think I could do the dangerous shit I do if I had another life to worry about.

Well, lets not think about that now.

Kain wants to use SCP-291 to get human eyes. I'll ask him his thoughts on informing me of the results. I'm thinking of taking some time to look around SCP-561 as well.

I should go feed Pterry.

I'm tired and hungry. That's my status update.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License