Cryptozoology Division Hub

rating: +44+x

Cryptozoology

/ˌkrɪptəʊzuːˈɒlədʒi/

noun

The search for, and study of, animals whose existence or survival is disputed or unsubstantiated, such as the Loch Ness monster and the yeti.


Beast

Header2

Header3

> Username: Doctor Whittaker
> Password: Un3arth1ng0urF0lkl0r3

> …

> Cryptozoo. Division Director Detected. Database Access granted.


- SCP FOUNDATION CRYPTOZOOLOGICAL DATABASE -

The following files are property of the SCP Foundation and are not to be distributed without the permission of Dr Whittaker or a member of the O5 Council.


SCP-6193
Cryptozoo. ID Tag: “Wolpertinger”
“When a human being comes into contact with any instance of SCP-6193, large patches of hair will sprout near the area of contact.”
by NotOrteilNotOrteil

SCP-6448
Cryptozoo. ID Tag: “Not Deer”
“One places an object into the ground, later discovered to be single fork. A week after this discovery, 200 discarded bovine hooves appear at the location.”
by OzzyLizardOzzyLizard

SCP-6450
Cryptozoo. ID Tag: “Hidebehind”
“ Individuals frequently validate that SCP-6450 stalked them by claiming that they would consistently hear faint breathing and light footsteps trailing behind them.”
by NDHeckfireNDHeckfire

SCP-6644
Cryptozoo. ID Tag: “Jipute”
“SCP-6644 can be identified from a distance due to its loud and distinct vocalisations, consisting of howls, shrieks, and clicks.”
by OzzyLizardOzzyLizard and Jack WaltzJack Waltz

SCP-6884
Cryptozoo. ID Tag: “British Big Cats”
“The photograph depicts an expansive pasture in Devon, surrounded by light woodland. A dark shape is visible bordering the farthest hedgerow.”
by OzzyLizardOzzyLizard

SCP-7088
Cryptozoo. ID Tag: “Knucker”
SCP-7088-24: Ah! I apologies. We are Knucker-kind, we live in cave.”
by OzzyLizardOzzyLizard

SCP-7556
Cryptozoo. ID Tag: “Globster”
“SCP-7556 is a colossal marine organism of unknown origin or genus that washed up on the shores of Eastern Canada in 1988.”
by OzzyLizardOzzyLizard

SCP-7975
Cryptozoo. ID Tag: “Frogman”
“SCP-7975 is the designation given to an amphibious biped resembling a member of Pseudacris maculata.”
by SYTYCFanonSYTYCFanon

- OTHER -

Secure Facility Dossier: Site-44
“Site-44 houses the headquarters for the Foundation’s Cryptozoology Division, being the lead in anomalous and speculative zoological study.”
by OzzyLizardOzzyLizard

A cryptid is pretty much some sort of weird alleged creature. That’s loosely it. Examples include bigfoot, Nessie, mothman, the wendigo and other stuff in this page.

FurBearingTrout

Fur Bearing Trout (very rare).

More specifically, to the Foundation, a cryptid is parafauna1 that has some interaction with its local community, usually in the form of folkloric stories/myths, presenting a unique situation when it comes to containment. Often, the Foundation is able to ascertain information regarding the anomaly by questioning people, or consulting local legends, in the area it operates in.

They may range from a legendary beast to simply a local oddity.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License