Critter Profile: Tangerine!

rating: +34+x

THIS FILE IS OUTDATED


As of 15/02/2022, the following file is outdated and no longer publicly listed on the critters dossier. This URL is still available to staff members who wish to view the file. If you have any questions or concerns, contact Faeowynn Wilson.


Critter Profile: Tangerine!

Overview!

tangerine

Name: Tangerine

Species: Phidippus regius arachnid (Regal jumping spider)

Primary Caretaker: Jimmy Kilp

Diet: Small insects (Tangerine especially likes moths!)

Housed: Wilson's Wildlife Center, Enclosure 14

Creature Features!

Tangerine is our resident arachnid! She’s sweet and spends most of her time chilling in the corner of her terrarium. Sometimes, if she’s in a good mood, she’ll come out to play with her caretaker. Tangerine is a one-of-a-kind companion, so much so that when we first took her in, she managed to cure Jamie’s long-time arachnophobia!

In addition to being able to cure peoples’ fear of spiders, Tangerine is also super smart! She is great at understanding emotions and human talking.

Upon inspection by an arachnologist, it was found that Tangerine had a congenital disorder that prevents her from being able to bear children. The complications caused by this affliction means she might not have much time left.

History!

My son found Tangerine in a ditch out behind his school. In the ditch, she had spun webbing to hide an orange slice she found. Over the next few days, my son would run out to the ditch to watch Tangerine do her thing. She would sneak under the webbing in the ditch and take small bites out of the slice. One day, he brought home Tangerine in a jar.

When we first tried to get her in her terrarium, she outmaneuvered us for ten minutes before we could catch her. After she drew on a tabletop with sap on her legs, we’ve been trying to see if she could write. Just one of many instances that exemplifies her intellect.

Special Needs and Accommodations!

Tangerine is provided with small insects and water three times a day. During the day, she can be brought out of her terrarium and explore more spacious or natural parts of the enclosure. However, she must be supervised for the duration of her time outside of the terrarium. And, staff, please start closing doors behind you, it makes it so much easier to recuperate Tangerine. Otherwise, when Tangerine is in her terrarium, she's fairly low maintenance.

She has appeared fond of many creatures in her same insect enclosure, especially Marcie and Jojo, our beloved twin locusts. As a result of Tangerine's health state, we try to give her as much time as possible with her friends.

Notes about Tangerine!

The wing of the enclosure housing Tangerine is open to all staff workers, and it is encouraged for people with arachnophobia to pass through and pay a visit to her! In most cases, one visit has been enough to temporarily or sometimes permanently cure a person's fear of spiders.

Although there is technically no "therapy" occurring, Tangerine has been denoted as a therapy critter. Interactions between her and our staff often consist of the person holding Tangerine, letting her crawl along their arm and hand. Sometimes, staff members have talked to Tangerine, since she's a pretty great listener.


From: Jimmy Kilp
To: Faeowynn Wilson
Date: 13/01/2022

Hey, you asked me to get back to you on how Tangerine is doing. She's doing alright. It took her a while to get out of that bashful phase, but she's back to playing with the other critters. She's still slow with eating, but that's normal.

From: Faeowynn Wilson
To: Jimmy Kilp
Date: 14/01/2022

It's good to hear she's alright. Tangerine should know she can take her time. Let's try to get in the queued sessions by next week.

From: Jimmy Kilp
To: Faeowynn Wilson
Date: 14/01/2022

I'll try my best. She's still a bit tired. When I took her out of her terrarium, she gave me quite the scare. At one point, she ran right under my boot as I was walking. Thankfully though, I avoided stepping on her.

From: Faeowynn Wilson
To: Jimmy Kilp
Date: 14/01/2022

Oh God. Try to keep a close eye on her when she's crawling about. I'm glad she's alright and I'll try to stop by and see her at the end of the week. Also, we have some new critters coming tomorrow, so try to introduce them to her. Have a nice day and tell Tangerine I say hi!

From: Lillian Shripol
To: Faeowynn Wilson
Date: 19/01/2022

Faeowynn, Jamie was acting weird today. She came in crawling about like some centipede or ant. After I got her to start speaking coherently, she was blaming Tangerine, the spider from Jimmy's sector. Before I could get any reasoning from her, she just up and left the room. Could you forward this to Jimmy?

From: Faeowynn Wilson
To: Lillian Shripol
Date: 20/01/2022

I'll let him know. But you know Jamie, she's probably just messing around. She does that again, you can seek out a Supervisor.

From: Faeowynn Wilson
To: Jimmy Kilp
Date: 20/01/2022

Also, Jimmy, I've been getting odd reports from our staff about Tangerine. Apparently, Jamie was found crab-walking and clacking her jaw. Someone said it might be as a result of Tangerine, somehow?

From: Jimmy Kilp
To: Faeowynn Wilson
Date: 20/01/2022

Jamie's an oddball, probably just goofing around. I'll take a look, though, and get back to you.

From: Faeowynn Wilson
To: Jimmy Kilp
Date: 21/01/2022

Possibly. In which case, some staff found it funny. This morning, two staff members came into the board room crab walking. I told them to knock it off and they just skittered around the room manically. I'd appreciate it if you could check on Tangerine, just in case.

From: Jimmy Kilp
To: Faeowynn Wilson
Date: 21/01/2022

Some coworkers are just immature this week. Had an ontologist take a look at her, found fuck all that would be of concern. There's good news, though. Earlier today, Wattson and I managed to figure out a way for Tangerine to write. We put like pen things on her fangs that drip ink onto the tip, and she was able to write somewhat-coherent English on the paper. This is a major breakthrough.

From: Faeowynn Wilson
To: Jimmy Kilp
Date: 21/01/2022

I'm coming down to the enclosure tomorrow. I'm still skeptical about this whole spider-people debacle. Maybe now that she can write, we can get some answers.

From: Faeowynn Wilson
To: Jimmy Kilp
Date: 22/01/2022

The communication with Tangerine today was a bit confusing, but what do you expect? Talking to her, it seems she's become aware of her infertility, but didn't say much past that. If it turns out there is nothing paranormal about the shenanigans, we'll start issuing disciplinary action. Is it possible the spider-people thing is a result of her longing for children?

From: Jimmy Kilp
To: Faeowynn Wilson
Date: 23/01/2022

I hadn't considered that. I went to talk to Tangerine like you asked and it's possible you're onto something. After a quick look at her therapy records, it seems like the staff acting like spiders start exhibiting these behaviors just a few months after meeting with Tangerine.

From: Faeowynn Wilson
To: Jimmy Kilp
Date: 23/01/2022

That's concerning. Did she write anything else that particularly stood out?

From: Jimmy Kilp
To: Faeowynn Wilson
Date: 23/01/2022

Well, she seems to have become obsessed with her infertility, and we had a brief discussion where she pleaded if there was anything I could do to help. Broke my heart.

From: Faeowynn Wilson
To: Jimmy Kilp
Date: 23/01/2022

I think we'll need to cut her off from therapy sessions. We have no idea how much this could worsen if we continue to expose people to her. I'm almost confident this is some twisted way of trying to have children. The people affected have begun getting psychiatric aid, so that should help.

From: Jimmy Kilp
To: Faeowynn Wilson
Date: 24/01/2022

Are you sure that's a good idea? It could really mess her up.

From: Faeowynn Wilson
To: Jimmy Kilp
Date: 24/01/2022

Jimmy, look at Tangerine. She's gone from the life of the party to a complete wreck in the past few weeks. She might not even have that long left. I think it'd be best if we stop the therapy sessions.

From: Jimmy Kilp
To: Faeowynn Wilson
Date: 24/01/2022

Alright, I'll edit her critter profile. I'll update you on how she's doing afterward.

From: Jimmy Kilp
To: Faeowynn Wilson
Date: 31/01/2022

Today, she asked why nobody had visited her. She's been incredibly down. I wanted to tell her we ended the therapy sessions with the staff, but I just couldn't.

From: Jimmy Kilp
To: Faeowynn Wilson
Date: 07/02/2022

She has stopped acknowledging my coworkers and me entirely. When we tried to pick her up today to let her wander around, she bit Wattson. Nothing fatal, but definitely worth medical attention.

From: Faeowynn Wilson
To: Jimmy Kilp
Date: 15/02/2022

You didn't leave an update this week. Did you just forget? Is Tangerine alright?

From: Jimmy Kilp
To: Faeowynn Wilson
Date: 15/02/2022

For the past two days, she had been hunched up in the corner of her terrarium and refused to eat. Last night, she stopped moving entirely. She starved herself.

rating: +34+x

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License