Broken Masquerade Hub

rating: +844+x

"I'm just saying that it was the right thing to do at the time. It might not be the right thing to do right now. It might not be the right thing to do again for quite some time. But right then? It was the right thing to do."

"Are you saying, Mr. Cle-"

"That's Doctor."

"Apologies, Doctor. Are you saying, Dr. Clef, that these people deserved to die?"

"Not at all, Oprah. I'm saying that, at the time, we had no other choice if we wanted to understand how this device worked. Through that understanding, we were able to hide the object from the public and preserve more people's lives than were lost."

"The good of the many, Dr. Clef?"

"The good of the many, Oprah."

"And now that the veil of secrecy has been lifted?"

"We do things differently, but we still have to do things. Have to study."

"But why, Doctor?"

"Korea."


images2.png

| Graphic design by DrKens and Cyantreuse. |

Ripped from the Headlines
by DrEverettMannDrEverettMann

"Everything's changed today. There are others like me. Can you imagine? I'm not alone. Not really."

Demasqed Hub
by HenzoidHenzoid

A 12 scene play about the North Korea project and Public Relations.

Masquerade's End
by Uncle NicoliniUncle Nicolini

"AL GORE IS AN ALIEN PUPPET"

Veilfall
by psychicprogrammerpsychicprogrammer and TheBoxOfFunTheBoxOfFun

"What does the Revelation of the Occult Mean for Obama's Second Term?"

The Executions of Doctor Bright
by DrEverettMannDrEverettMann

"Occasionally, one of the others would move, and he'd hear them cry out after they were corrected. He held still. He had a lot of experience being a captive."

Research Notes of RJ Tellar
by ArlecchinoArlecchino

"Good journalism is seeing what's happening now. They wanna write history, they can. My job is turning the low-hanging fruit into gold."

Joseon
by ArlecchinoArlecchino

"They'd tried for weeks to get something above the 38th parallel, but in the end, given it up as a bad job. Thelmann System's stated goal of having a total coverage weather prediction system would have to do without North Korea for now."

The Truth is Out There
by SilberescherSilberescher

"Something… is happening… in Kansas."

Ethical?
by MontalaMontala

"Procedures deemed unethical will be revised. If no revision is possible, containment on the object will cease. If the object itself is deemed inherently inimicable to human life, it shall be destroyed without exception."

Six Letters Addressed to the SCP Foundation (and One Letter Home)
by ahbonjourahbonjour

"There's a great one of you, you're in the middle of this big crowd of policemen and military and scientists, and you're looking right at the camera…you look like you're on fire. You look so brave, so strong. You made me feel so proud."

A Lesson in Power
by renacerrenacer

"She could hear it now, its labored breath that seemed a mix of a whimper and a death rattle. She hoped to not touch it. Another step forward. Either Dr. Kowalski was close enough to feel the heat of its breath or the tension was setting her blood on fire."

SCP-3241 ("The SS Sommerfeld")
by The Great HippoThe Great Hippo

"Wherever you are, Mr. DeVorn, you ought to get down on your knees and thank God Almighty that the Foundation has changed. Because back in my day? This story wouldn't end with some sort of — some sort of fucking 'inquiry'. It would end with you in an orange jump-suit, thrown into the deepest, darkest hole we could find."

On the Outskirts
by stormbreathstormbreath

"When the Illuminati hijacks your life and doesn't tell you anything, you start to itch there at your collar. You try to figure out what they really want from you, what they really want from the world, and most importantly, who the everloving fuck they actually are."

No Highly Esteemed Deed is Commemorated Here
by stormbreathstormbreath

"The following is a transcript of a segment the National Geographic program Occult Atlas, the most successful of the many television programs dedicated to covering anomalous sites and locations formerly in Foundation containment."

AmbroseInternational.pdf
by TrotskyeetTrotskyeet

"The WAITER uncovers the platter to show the disembodied head of CHAZ AMBROSE floating. CHAZ opens his eyes, the family screams."

'Para-Pedigrees' PED464/CAN33/LUP22
by Uncle NicoliniUncle Nicolini

"Yesterday I was watching the news while they aired a segment, a fluff piece really, of a video that just went viral last week. Two cute dogs, one blurry as hell and the other was flying. Something about some Wilson's yokels taking care of them. Folks eat that cute stuff up nowadays, specially since it's 'oooh so paranormal!'"

Reality TV, Designer Pets, and Fine Dining
by Uncle NicoliniUncle Nicolini

"What was once a humble set of buildings and enclosures in a sleepy town a few miles outside of Portlands became a media circus… The Center grew, and it grew fast, all the while the Foundation was able to soften its image thanks to their association."

SCP-4720 ("So Come on ye Childhood Heroes! Won’t You Rise Up From the Pages?")
by GekkoguyGekkoguy

"But can you really get mad at an old man who just wanted to bring a little magic into the world?"

SCP-4413 ("The End of Something Really Excellent")
by NatVoltaicNatVoltaic

"…users of the fanwork website Archive of Our Own (AO3) organize 'Beatdown Acrobatics,' a loose militia of writers and disused fanfiction characters aiming to create a continuation of the webcomic 'open to all of humanity.' Anomalous fan communities respond with immediate retaliation."

Keeping It Chill With Your Homies Down At The SCP Foundation
by HenzoidHenzoid

"Thanks for Netflix and Chilling with us, D-13745, that was really swag of you!"

#stormsite19
by Uncle NicoliniUncle Nicolini

"pls stream #stormsite19 , I am European :("

SCP-5148 ("Qlippoth")
by Uncle NicoliniUncle Nicolini

Disillusionment
by CyvstviCyvstvi

"Jedidiah Spring wasn't a traditional member of the Fifthist organisations. His Chapter could best be described, he supposed, as a cult. At least, that's what the media called them. The Western Seaboard Fifthists, it was a stupid name, and one he'd deeply despised."

Snippets of an Unveiled World
by newnykacolaquantumnewnykacolaquantum, Deadly BreadDeadly Bread, Lt FlopsLt Flops, WestrinWestrin, & IFBenchIFBench

Who The Fuck is
“Tyrannosaurus Flex”?

"Scattersomnia": A Disease of the Wise and Drowsy Wanderers
by Lt FlopsLt Flops

"This is a tale of what I found during my lost fortnight in the far reaches of the Stacks, with nothing but my rucksack (containing more space within than without), my phantasmal feline Buckwheat, and my own sense of direction."

SCP-4790 ("Do not go gentle into that good night.")
by Lt FlopsLt Flops

"On 2 February 2020, autonomous satellite Chekhov-.009 departed on its maiden voyage to study Toliman with advanced paratechnologies — including onboard Artificially Intelligent Conscript Fledgling.aic."

SCP-3739 ("Mind-Milk™ by Moosphere, Inc.")
by Lt FlopsLt Flops & KindlyTurtleClem

"You should know that there are only two types of people in this world. Those of us who drink Mind-Milk™, and those of us who secrete it."

Spilled Milk
by Lt FlopsLt Flops

"For more than [UNKNOWN] long Ages, Moosphere, Incorporated has been a forerunner in surrealistic dairy artisanship; a feast for more than 30 BILLION souls and counting! By the fruits of their very spirits, our well-trained Oneiric confectioneers would like to serve you our many fresh, EGO-SHATTERING delights."

SCP-5990 ("Out of my head, out of my mind")
by Lt FlopsLt Flops

"There is currently no known means of ensuring total containment of SCP-5990 without the use of worldwide amnestic treatment or memetic reengineering. Efforts are instead directed toward improving environmental, ecological, social, and economic parameters by any means available to the Foundation."

SCP-6705 ("The Bicameral Milk")
by LordStonefishLordStonefish & Lt FlopsLt Flops

“As of 31 December 2025, the Samawah Facility is 65 kilometres in diameter and still undergoing construction. Moosphere representative Ayad al-Dulaimi is elected as the Speaker of the Council of Representatives of Iraq. In his victory speech, he notably quoted the Quran as follows: ‘And indeed, for you in grazing livestock is a lesson. We give you drink from what is in their bellies – between excretion and blood – pure milk, palatable to drinkers (16:66).’”

SCP-4475 ("So Long, and Thanks for All the Milk")
by KindlyTurtleClem & Lt FlopsLt Flops

"ALPHA made note of a large number of deceased human and proto-human organisms in SCP-4475's vicinity. Autonomous optical monitoring via nearby telemetry drone detected ~450,000 total entities."

SCP-5350 ("Oculoma")
by AnorrackAnorrack

"Symptoms of Oculoma may include: sore throat, ulcers, upset stomach, eye-filled diarrhea, little-to-no appetite, and difficulty breathing. If you or a loved one suffer from these symptoms, please contact your thaumaturgist or nearest Manna Charitable Foundation reception site right away."

And What Was a Soul to That Blank White World
by Cyantreuse

"I have no need for a memory of my life before this. The prospect of it seems painful. Whatever my meaning was previous to this has been outweighed by usefulness, potential or otherwise, and that’s fine."

Items Seized, March 2022, Site-42 Sapient Object Containment
by Cyantreuse

"Agent Trauss, please don't mention this note but I was hoping you'd maybe talk to me after your shift? Can you come here off the clock or do you get in trouble? I miss riding in your car. You were the last person I was with in the outside world and it's fucking with my head. Love(?), ███████"

Sex, Drugs, Money
by Cyantreuse

"On April 20th, you enter SCP-4427-B’s chamber carrying a folder. You proceed into the bathroom where you are then seen showing them the contents, which are out of frame. Analysts from Information Security did note when reviewing feeds that the two of you are both clearly seen smiling, talking, and embracing."

A Day Notable to Nobody
by Cyantreuse

"Listen, uh, while we at the Foundation respect North Carolina Anomalous Persons Privacy Law 4-C6-NC and cannot prevent persons with an anomalous appearance from congregating in public, for the sake of preserving normalcy we still cannot allow them to spread anomalous contaminants or otherwise expose people to any uncontrollable effects…"

Forum Post
by Cyantreuse

"With November just around the corner and every candidate for any party factoring their stance on the Foundation into their campaigns, I find it a pressing matter to explain why forcing the Foundation to follow an external government's delegations for containment is a dangerous idea."

The Ethics Committee's Guide to Human Anomalies
by Cyantreuse

"An anomaly's Initial Containment Date is the most influential point in the Foundation's interaction with them, as it is their first perception of the Foundation's motives and operating methods and will affect their opinion of all personnel handling them for years to come. If initial containment takes longer with these methods than 'brute force' methods, that is an acceptable price to pay."

SCP-4427 ("Nobody Stands for the People")
by Cyantreuse

"Since SCP-4427's existence was initially noted by the Foundation in October 2019, statistics saw an increase of 40% in global media reporting on the topic of human anomalies and an estimated 175% increase in confirmed cases of human anomalies existing and/or civilians being made anomalous through unknown means; approximately 3500 individual reports of human anomalies were noted worldwide by the United Nations in 2024, a 73% increase from 2023."

Paperpushing
by Cyantreuse

"What I've found from cross-referencing my experiences with the Foundation as a whole versus my experiences with individual personnel leads me to one conclusion: The Foundation does not punish its operatives for existing as unique individuals with personal ethics and convictions, but rather renders those personal beliefs and behaviors obsolete."

Oceanus, Father to All
by Cyantreuse

"She'd lost a significant chunk of basic functions before she realized what was happening; notably, how to drive a car, how to chew and swallow, and the fact that the metal rack in an oven set to 425 degrees Fahrenheit shouldn't be grabbed without a mitt. The civilian paramedics took care of that part, thankfully, but they can't fix her memory. I'm starting to worry that maybe we can't, either."

You're a Toy, Mr. Sanderson
by Cyantreuse

"It's him- well, it's his chip specifically, rather. It's really starting to look like someone messed around with the files, which I know is unlikely given his clean record and good behavior, but I don't think we should rule anything out."

Like a Rock
by Cyantreuse

"In May of 1998, I was 18 years old. I was smiling at the receptionist in the office of the Coast Guard recruiting center in Wilmington, North Carolina. I remember that it was a Monday and the weather was clear. I remember that she told me I looked ready to serve my country."

Free Kleinberg
by ObserverSeptemberObserverSeptember

"This one’s a weird one, guys. Apparently there’s this little town called Kleinberg, pop. 2,300, that’s stuck in the 1920s. The years 1920 to 1928 repeat over and over again. They call it SCP-1309."

Single Issue Voters
by ManyMeatsManyMeats

"The President's address from the Rose Garden was interrupted yesterday by Big Giant Spacerock, who announced they will be seeking the Republican Party's nomination."

Mindfall
by UnnaHuzUnnaHuz

"The veil broke, and the first change people felt was the annoying headache."

PSA: Cognitohazards and You!
by korben600korben600, Jack WaltzJack Waltz, TheBoxOfFunTheBoxOfFun and Fish^12Fish^12

"THESE PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE SPONSORED BY THE FOUNDATION, THE US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, AND VIEWERS LIKE YOU.
THANK YOU.
"

Goat VR? More like Goat VeRy bad game!
by TstafforTstaffor

"As anyone who's read my reviews would know, I'm a huge fan of the horror game genre, so I was pretty surprised to find that this highly recommended game was available as a free download online."

Sell, Clickbait, Profit
by DrKaldahl

"It's not like the lizard is comin' down the chimney with old Saint Nick!"

Sell, Clickbait, Profit 2: Skip Game
by DrKaldahl

"Is YOUR CHILD at risk of a taste-based cognitohazard?" (Pt. 2 of Sell, Clickbait, Profit)

These 5 Colleges are the Best for Learning Dark Powers! Number 1 Will Shock You!
by LORDXVNVLORDXVNV

We scoured the interwebz (even the magickal Dark Web) to put together these reviews of the 5 best colleges for studying Things Man Was Not Meant To Know.

A Collection of Anomalous Television Programs From Beyond the Masquerade
by DrGoodayDrGooday

The breaking of the veil has led to many opportunities for anomalous individuals to create works of television without fear of containment by us or any other organization. With that being said it's still imperative that we monitor and document these programs for anything that could possibly cause harm to the general public.

SCP-6041 ("Chicken Little's Requiem")
by Nickthebrick1Nickthebrick1

"Unfortunately, the equivalent of the sky in SCP-6041-1 became damaged in the process, causing our own to become affected. A section of the thermosphere and exosphere spontaneously disappeared, leaving a massive hole in the atmosphere 20 km above ground."

SCP-6115 ("The Public Option")
by aismallardaismallard

"This system does not utilize traditional boundaries between organs and bodily tissue, instead opting for an internal circulatory system within the confines of their body composed almost entirely of thaumaturgic medium fluids."

Stranded Lullaby
by RallistonRalliston

"We're so fucked."

A New Chance To Explore Life
by KirQKirQ

"Humans were no more than animals in a cage, and those managing to escape their smaller restraints would still be trapped in bigger cages, still isolated from the rest of the world."

The Revert
by UnnaHuzUnnaHuz

"I've never expected that I could help the instructor out. I thought I was the only one to be educated but I was wrong. "

First Lesson
by KirQKirQ

"Congratulation, now you learned your first lesson."

WHAT THE FU-
by AvocadoMilkAvocadoMilk

"Announcing our new name, in partnership with…"

Main Page — Wikipedia
by Fish^12Fish^12

"Welcome to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit."

SCP-7404 ("Nothing gold can stay.")
by UraniumEmpireUraniumEmpire

"Unlike most infovores, SCP-7404 was subject to disease and aging."

/r/undeadthequeen
by Fish^12Fish^12 & AftokratorAftokrator

"What the FUCK is this subreddit?"

SCP-7216 ("320 Papaloy!")
by Agente ShuffleAgente Shuffle

"Whatever it is that they're doing now to the planet, they can solve it without us."

Not Alone
by BitOddInnitBitOddInnit
"Obviously, I wasn’t going to reject THE SCP Foundation when they came knocking at my door and told me I was getting a new, anomalous roommate who was also apparently an alien."

SCP-7973 ("Abnormalization")
By TroutMaskReplicaTroutMaskReplica
"What do you consider Anomalous?"

Reviver
By newnykacolaquantumnewnykacolaquantum

When they hear of Revivers, they envision menacing robe-wearing figures performing arcane, dark-magicked rituals on corpses, raising them as undead forces to terrorize the public.

The truth, at least nowadays, is much more mundane.

I went to Hong Shing, and All I Got Was This Radioactive Crystal
by newnykacolaquantumnewnykacolaquantum

Hi, y'all. I was thinking of taking a vacation next year in Hong Shing, now that it's been open to the public for a while.

Are there any stories that you can share? Advice you can give me?

GARLIC NEWS REPORT
by Fish^12Fish^12

Telling you what we want you to know.

SCP-8111 ("Magic for Liars")
by FelixouFelixou

This world doesn’t need the old man that I am anymore, so I opted for a change as well.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License