The Anatomy Of A Specter
rating: +8+x

Foreward: The following document is a research paper about the atomic properties of spectral entities. The research was conducted by Dr. Vigo Wilcastle, head of the Department of Eidophysics. It should be noted that the process of the creation of spectral entities has been covered in a different paper, and was found to be completely non-anomalous,1 with the compound zinc oxide creating the light for the entity. The following findings were discovered via the use of atomic force microscopes and an electron microscope and were conducted on multiple anomalous spectral entities.

Findings: Subjects showed levels of oxygen atoms consistent with living humans, although many common molecular compounds that occur with oxygen atoms (such as C4H9NO3), were not found to be in the subjects. Carbon and sulfur levels were found to be lower than that of a living human, with a higher concentration of hydrogen and nitrogen taking its place. This is likely due to the fact that carbon and sulfur are typically solid, and not gaseous. However, spectral entities are not gasses but are instead a mixture of plasma and small instances of Bose-Einstein condensate.

One element that is completely missing from that of a spectral entity is phosphorus. Phosphorus makes up 1% of a human’s atoms, typically helping makeup bones, teeth, and DNA. However, due to the fact that a spectral entity is truly just light and sound radiation confined to an entity, there is no need for DNA. There is no physical body that is involved, therefore there is no need for DNA.

Some people have reported seeing spectral entities phasing through walls. This process on an atomic level is key to understanding this. Spectral entities do not truly phase through walls, the light radiation comes in contact with something keeping it from its light source, which makes it disappear. This gives the visual effect of phasing, but without the actual properties. This process also seems to cause spectral entities pain. However, when subjects were instructed to go through standard walls, they could appear on the other side at a rate of roughly two hours per three centimeters. On an atomic level, subjects’ atoms and mega-atoms2 seem to be able to slowly dodge other atoms. When subjects were questioned about this, they reported that it felt like they had to move every single part of their body very specifically one centimeter at a time.

More testing found that the denser the material, the longer it takes for a spectral entity to phase through it, and the more physical distress it causes, however, the densest element spectral entities can phase through is bismuth. Anything after that cannot be phased through. This is likely due to the fact that because the atoms are denser, it is harder to avoid atoms, which is necessary for the atoms to remain completely intact.3

The pain subjects felt was linked to the loss of electrons in zinc oxide. These electrons seemed to be picked up by nearby atoms, though they very rarely go to other zinc oxide molecules. This is due to the fact that zinc bonds with oxygen in order to create a more stable valence electron shell, so the valence shells of other zinc oxide atoms would be complete. The zinc oxide atoms lose some electrons by other atoms with a strong pull towards other electrons. This naturally causes the zinc oxide to become less stable and starts to have some of its electrons be lost.

Conclusion: Spectral entities may have a different atomic structure than their alive counterparts, but the atoms lost would have served no purpose in the subjects. Additionally, similar to how living humans can control muscles, spectral entities seem to have an ability to control specific atoms. The largest differences in the spectral entities from their alive counterpart are the entire lack of phosphorus and the bond of zinc and oxygen.

Further Research: I, Dr. Vigo Wilcastle, think the following points should be researched on their own:
• The specific chemical makeup of spectral entities
• What happens when a chemical reaction occurs with an atom from a spectral entity
• Bose-Einstein condensate and where its low temperature comes from.

This experiment was conducted by Dr. Vigo Wilcastle and Dr. David Lamb on the behalf of the Department of Eidophysics. This summary was written by Dr. Vigo Wilcastle.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License