A Selection of Media Referencing the Anomalous
rating: +25+x

The Foundation has recovered approximately ████ instances of media which, while not anomalous themselves, contain references to anomalous events, items, organizations, or individuals. The majority of these are only obtainable on known "Black Market" channels run by various groups of interest or accessible via anomalous means such as the Wanderer's Library. However, approximately ██% of such known media is released on more public facing channels such as television broadcast, book sales, and internet file sharing sites. Typically these forms of media are "adaptions" of non-anomalous popular culture, taking the form of new or altered episodes of media released at the time.

In almost every case of altered media none of the original creators profess any knowledge of it and there is no record of any source for these alterations. Research into the sources of these pieces of media is ongoing, however there does not seem to be a single consistent source, so the phenomenon has not been identified as an event needing an SCP designation.

The following list contains samples of such media contained at Site-73's media archives. A complete list can be acquired by asking the current head of the archives. Copies can be used within the site's recreation room at any time, with deliveries to other sites being authorized with the permission of the current head.

Further documentation can be found here.

Format of Media: Live Broadcast
Date of Recovery: 2000-01-01
Title of Media: I Am Weasel, an animated series produced by Cartoon Network and created by David Feiss from 1997 to 2000. The series involves the rivalry between "I. M. Weasel" a highly intelligent anthropomorphic weasel, and "I. R. Baboon," a significantly less intelligent and successful anthropomorphic baboon.
Notable Portrayals of Anomalous Events: The short is titled "I R Contained?" and aired as the second short in an episode following "The Legend of Big Butt." Within it Weasel is a researcher at the "SPP Foundation," with Baboon being the anomaly he is in charge of researching. As such Baboon is referred to as "SPP-8UTT" throughout the short. What follows is several invasive tests or the purposes of discovering Baboon's anomalous properties. These tests are highly exaggerated slapstick violence leading to results such as Baboon's skeleton flying out of his body, his rear end exploding, and his left hand gaining sentience and trying to strangle Baboon. Baboon insists throughout the short that he is perfectly normal, to which Weasel always replies that "You're a talking Baboon, of course you're an SPP!"

Near the end of the short Baboon states that Weasel himself is a talking weasel. This causes Weasel to react similarly to an individual exposed to a Class IV cognitohazard, before passing out.

The scene then changes to the two being watched on a security camera. Standing in front of monitor is The Red Guy, a recurring character based off the popular image of Satan. He informs a chimpanzee wearing an amulet that the containment of "SPP-Weasel" is proceeding without any problems. The short then ends.

Format of Media: A Playstation 4 Blu Ray Disc
Date of Recovery: 2019-03-18
Title of Media: Hitman 2, a video game developed by IO Interactive and published by Warner Bros. Interactive in 2018. The game stars "Agent 47", a professional Assassin who works for a fictional organization.
Other Notes: Standard copies of Hitman 2 requiring online connections to access the majority of the features of the game. This copy can access all content with the exception of leaderboards and the multiplayer functions.
Notable Portrayals of Anomalous Events: The third stage, "Three-Headed Serpent" is completely different from the standard release. Rather then travel to Colombia to assassinate three drug lords, Agent 47 is sent to London where he must assassinate the heads of Marshall, Carter, and Dark Ltd. The explanation is that they are rivals to the Providence, the organization who is currently employing Agent 47.

The stage itself takes place at a mansion owned by Carter, where a secret meeting between the organization and several other groups of interests is being held. The Foundation, Global Occult Organization, The Factory, and Gamers Against Weed are all mentioned as attending, and Agent 47 can disguise himself as agents of any member of the aforementioned organizations.

The level, and thus the game, is seemingly impossible to complete, as Mr. Dark has not been found by any who play it. Examining the game files shows that a model does not exist for Mr. Dark, but is intended to be dynamically generated similar to a target in a later mission in the game.

Format of Media: A Blu Ray Disc
Date of Recovery: 2014-07-09
Title of Media: Forrest Gump, a feature film released in 1994 starring Tom Hanks and directed by Robert Zemeckis. The film is about the the life of the titular Forrest, a mentally disabled man.
Notable Portrayals of Anomalous Events: The film does not start in the same fashion as the standard release. An individual not directly shown is shown entering a room similar to an unmodified Standard Humanoid Containment Chamber where Forrest is sitting on the chamber's bed, looking out the window. He identifies Forrest and asks what brought him here.

From here Forrest begins telling the story of his life, with most of the film being identical to standard release of the film. Barring the removal of the "flash forward" scenes where Forrest would ordinary be responding to individual's reactions to the story he is telling. The film diverges following the scene where Forrest's mother dies of cancer.

An unknown individual approaches Forrest. He is wearing a uniform similar to a Global Occult Coalition Agent, though several differences indicate it is likely a fictionalized version of the organization, which is not named in the film. He is recruited to the organization with the claim that the events of his life indicate he possesses probability manipulating properties.

What follows is a fifteen minute montage of Forrest engaging in several anomalous entities. Several of which are known to be contained by the Foundation in the present day, but were not contained or known to exist within 1974, the period the flashback takes place.

After this montage the film resumes its normal course with Forrest meeting Jenny and learning that he has a son, with Jenny revealing she will be dying shortly. Unlike in the film, Forrest does makes an effort to preserve Jenny's life. He uses his contacts within the organization to acquire anomalous artifacts as part of his attempt. However, this results with Jenny being transformed into a being similar to SCP-███████. Forrest is forced to kill her.

At this point the man who recruited him arrives on the scene. He explains that Forrest's anomalous properties function by "stealing the luck" of people he love and care about, claiming that his mother, Jenny, Bubba, and Lieutenant Dan have all suffered because of his own anomalous properties. A montage follows displaying the projected lives these individuals would have lived. Notably their fates are similar to events Forrest had gone through during the course of his life.

Furthermore he says the organization has discovered that his son will inevitably suffer the same fate if Forrest himself is not contained.

The film ends with Forrest saying goodbye to his son before being taken away by the organization, fading to black as he performs a bitter monologue about how foolish he has been.

Format of Media: A collection of MP4 files downloaded from a torrent file labeled "Frasier Season 12" hosted on ███████████.org
Date of Recovery: 2013-██-██
Title of Media: Frasier. An American sitcom starring Kelsey Grammer. The show was about the life of Frasier Crane, a psychologist living in Seattle and hosting a psychology themed radio show. Conflicts between the intellectual Frasier and the more "down to earth" cast members were a common source of conflict within the plot.
Other Notes: The show aired for eleven seasons. In line with other media of this type, no record of writing, or producing, the twenty four episodes of this "Season Twelve" exists. Fourteen of the collected episodes are comprised of clips and recorded lines from the previous seasons edited to create new stories. However, the remaining ten episodes are seemingly completely original. These ten episodes are filmed in a drastically different style than the original TV show. Most camera angles would have been impossible to film on the Frasier TV set. One episode has the cast speak an unknown language with subtitles being increasingly vulgar and nonsensical. Continuity is also non-existent, with multiple episodes ending with the entire cast's death. Four of the original episodes of the "season" deal with anomalies.
Notable Portrayals of Anomalous Events:

  • Episode 9, "Freedom, horrible Freedom" is the first original episode. The plot deals with Frasier being unable to leave his penthouse. Every attempt he makes results in him walking into his bedroom. This was demonstrated through multiple shots, each from a different angle, including several from outside the building Frasier lived in. It was eventually established that every other character could leave. Eventually Niles offers to hold Frasier's hand to guide him. When they both walk out the front door Frasier walks into his bedroom with Niles' severed arm. The remainder of the episode is Fraiser dragging every cast member through his front door. Despite tearing every cast member apart no blood is shown and even when Fraiser is left holding their severed heads they berate him. Near the end of the episode, Frasier shoots himself. This causes his head to fly off his body. No blood or other expected results from a head being forcibly removed from a body follows. Fraiser's head successfully leaves the front door. It rolls down the hall before colliding with an unknown entity. Frasier recognizes it, and blames it for his inability to leave. The episode then ends.
  • Episode 14, "Father's Day: Part 2" does not follow any continuity with the previous episode despite claiming to be a two parter. The episode is about Martin Crane joining a faith similar to that of the Church of the Broken God, wherein he becomes increasingly mechanical and hostile to his sons before eventually forcibly converting them into robotic entities that join him in worship.
  • Episode 19, "The Godhood" Has SCP-343, an entity similar to SCP-1348-01, and an entity similar to the complete form of SCP-███ approach Frasier. All three claim that Frasier is the reincarnation of God after he was killed, and that with his ascension he has the duty to create a new Garden of Eden. What follows is several attempts to create a new world with Fraiser's own neuroses leading him to create flawed and deformed humans. Ultimately Frasier decides that if he is God then the most ethical thing to do is erase himself. Upon making this decision the show cuts to black, no credits are shown in this episode.
  • Episode 24, "Goodnight, Seattle" consists of Fraiser and Niles staring straight forward into the camera for 23 straight minutes. While they stare ahead several figures from known anomalous broadcasts come in and dismantle the set. Eventually the two are standing in front of a camera in an empty room with a concrete floor, everything else having been removed. A character in a Big Bird costume then takes the camera, but collapses onto the floor while making sounds similar to a person asphyxiating. The scene fades to black on Fraiser's shoes.

Format of Media: A paperback book
Date of Recovery: 1991-07-11
Title of Media: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. A children's novel published by Joanne Rowling June 26 1997. The first in a series about Harry Potter, an orphan who learns his parents are wizards and he has been registered to Hogwarts, a school where he will learn magic.
Notable Portrayals of Anomalous Events: The third chapter of the book, "The Letters from No One" is not within the book. Instead the third chapter is titled "The Keeper of the Keys," ordinarily the fourth chapter.

The chapter starts similarly to the standard book, with Harry receiving a letter stating he has been accepted to Hogwarts. However, after Vernon Dursley takes the letter from Harry the narrative diverges from the standard book. Rather then destroy the letter he begins crying. Petunia Dursley begins crying as well once she reads the letter.

It is at this point that the character Rubeus Hagrid enters the Dursley home. The narrative states that he was too large to fit the front door, "Yet the giant walked through the door nevertheless." Both adult Dursleys beg Hagrid for "more time." But Hagrid declines saying "yeh knew the price ye'd have to pay."

Following this an entity described similarly to the appearance of SCP-701-1 is said to "come from Alagadda to greet Harry." The entity hands Harry a long silver dagger.

The narration then states "Harry knew what he had to do." Harry then uses the knife to kill the Dursleys through disembowelment.

Hagrid then takes Harry to Diagon Alley, and the narration proceeds mostly unaltered from the original book. With a few notable differences being:

  • When Harry is given his wand, the shopkeeper mentions states that the main antagonist Voldemort did "great things, terrible, but great." In the altered narrative he then states, "Of course, nothing compared to the Hanged King. But, then, very few are," with the narration stating Harry agreed with him at that matter.
  • How Harry reaches the train station is not explained, and none of the Dursley's are mentioned in the narrative.
  • The Chocolate Frog Card depicting Albus Dumbledore lists one of his accomplishments as "Giving a grand Tribute."
  • After being challenged to a "Wizards Duel" by Draco Malfoy, the narration states: "Harry considered the knife that was still with him. However, he knew that such a gift would be wasted on someone like Malfoy."
  • During the scene where Harry is given Christmas gifts, it is noted that the Dursleys have not sent him a gift. The narration states that this is because "Harry had already given them they greatest gift of all."
  • After the climax of the novel, during the scene of the end of the year dinner, Dumbledore instead gives Harry 10,000 House Points for "Being the Chosen Ambassador." At this point Professor Quirrell, who in the original text did not appear after his defeat, is dragged into the great hall by Hagrid and Professor Snape. Harry then approaches Quirrell, and using the silver knife given to him disembowels him. He then says. “With this, fool’s blood, it is the Hanged King’s.” All the students and faculty applaud him.
  • The novel ends not with Harry getting on the "Hogwarts Express" but returning to Number Four Privet Drive. There it is shown that the corpses of Vernon and Petunia are still within the house. Dudley Dursely, who has not been mentioned since his parents deaths, is described as being "much thinner than he had been last summer." The book ends with the same sentence as the original novel. "I'm going to have a lot of fun with Dudley this summer."

Addendum: Online discussion about an edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets where Harry kills the character "Aunt Marge" with a knife have been discovered. Recovery attempts are ongoing.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License