Vivarium's Author Page
rating: +59+x

A vivarium (Latin, literally for "place of life"; plural: vivaria or vivariums) is an area, usually enclosed, for keeping and raising animals or plants for observation or research. Often, a portion of the ecosystem for a particular species is simulated on a smaller scale, with controls for environmental conditions. A vivarium may be small enough to sit on a desk or table, such as a terrarium or an aquarium, or may be a very large structure, possibly outdoors. Large vivaria, particularly those holding organisms capable of flight, typically include some sort of a dual-door mechanism such as a sally port for entry and exit, so that the outer door can be closed to prevent escape before the inner door is opened.

VIVARIUM


Vivarium.jpg

Wait, are we really going to use this gimmick? It's just Wikipedia.
Why the fuck not? It's a cool theme.
I don't know, it's not that cool.
Guys, shut the fuck up. You're breaking the immersion. Just roll with it.


The name VIVARIUM is also the moniker typically associated with an individual who writes on the collaborative writing site known as the SCP Foundation. This user is well known for his silent nature, insatiable need to kill off characters, and a frankly odd obsession with lighthouses. He has accumulated a minimal amount of notoriety for his writing in spite of his complete lack of formal writing education, and his utter inability to spell words correctly. The user known as VIVARIUM has also been known to create art, themes, and guides. This is due to him being unable to focus on a singular set of skills and insists on "doing whatever the fuck he wants to do". In a completely unexpected turn of events, he has also somehow managed to cartwheel his way into a position of power on the staff currently in charge of operating the collaborative writing site known as the SCP Foundation. In spite of this, the site has yet to deteriorate into mass hysteria, though it is still a likelihood.

The user known as VIVARIUM originally discovered the collaborative writing site known as the SCP Foundation in 2013. During this time, he attempted to read every single article in order, however he were soon discouraged once he realized people are constantly making new SCPs, and reading them in order is a bad idea. Throughout his time reading, he never once thought about joining the site because why the fuck would he do that. This pattern continued until he realized he had an interest in writing fiction, so he made an account and joined the collaborative writing site known as the SCP Foundation on September 1st, 2020. It has yet to be decided whether or not this was a good idea. After a handful of failed ideas, he eventually managed to write an SCP titled Fidelis Roma that was widely considered to be "okay".


SCPs

Tales

GOI Formats

Other


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License