Underread and Underrated November 2020

Featured SCP!

SCP-5448: When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

It is a beauty, isn't it?


Featured Tale/Format!

The Bowels of History

Meat can be made to resemble the future. The future and past are words used to describe the way something looks. Time is a synonym for meat.













Topic and Prompt of the month!

Last Month's Pieces and Topic

Topic + pick of this month!

Tales regarding the Foundation's inner-workings? Not uncommon. Civilian encounters with the anomalous? Similarly done. But few do what Boxes does: civilian encounters with the Foundation itself, and the civilians never realize it.

The Foundation maintains absolute secrecy and total power over various jurisdictions. Some tales poke fun at this, but less really delve into what life would be like, living in a world with the Foundation present, but never seen. The world we live in, really, minus the Foundation. It forces the author to think not only about the SCP world, but our world as well, and how far control can be concealed.

Think grand, but think low-key as well, much as a simple tale of a man supporting his family depicts the dystopia the Foundation world lives in.

This month's challenge:

  • For writers: Write a tale where some outside the veil, at some point, encounters the traces of the Foundation or a facet of its organization, be it D-Class, amnestics, etc, without realizing the greater nature of the world they're in.
  • For artists: Draw something metaphorical, perhaps still grounded in a particular scene, showing the Foundation's phantom grasp on civilization.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License