Trepanning
rating: +45+x

November 15

Migraine again. They always seem to strike at the worst time, though I have a pretty good guess what the cause of this one is. The F Work pays well, but sometimes shit happens and it's hard to make ends meet. Sarah's been sick again and I haven't had a good night's sleep in a week. I've got a lot of paperwork to finish up but I don't think I'm getting any more done tonight.


November 17

I felt a lot better this morning. I don't know if it's just the migraine medication working, but it's not hurting as much. Funny thing is that when I woke up, I could have sworn I heard some weird scraping sounds, but it may just be a side effect of the meds.

Now the problem is that Sarah's in trouble at school again. Talking during class, throwing things, generally being belligerent. That she takes after her dad is the best and worst part about her. Guess it's time for another Lecture from Mom (tm).


November 18

Head hurting again. And here, I thought it was starting to get better. Lost my keys at work too, had to spend an hour looking for them. FML.


November 19

And… feeling better again. Heard another scraping sound when I woke up, maybe there's a mouse in the walls behind my bed or something? Was bleeding a little from my head when I woke up, kinda weird but it didn't hurt and stopped pretty quick, so I didn't think too much of it.

Weekly report is due tomorrow, gotta get cracking.


November 20

Ugh. Head hurt. No more writing tonight.


November 21

Heard that same scraping sound again when I woke up, but I don't really care about that. I don't know what I've been doing different, but damn it feels good to be alive. Hell, I don't even care about the weird looks Sarah's been giving me. I feel like I can just scrape away all the cares in the world and live pressure-free.


November 22

Life is awesome. Sarah is fine. Scrape away.


November 23

Scrape, scrape, scrape away.


Autopsy Report:

Assistant Researcher Dr. Evelyn Winters was found dead in her home along with her daughter Sarah Winters on 11/24/██ after having failed to report to work for 2 days. Cause of death in both cases was determined to be massive cranial trauma; both had holes carved into the top of their skulls and were missing all brain tissue.

Sarah appears to have been restrained and her skull penetrated by a corded electric drill using a wood spade bit. It is likely that she died from shock and blood loss before her brain tissue was removed using a serving spoon. All of the tools used were found, cleaned, in the kitchen.

Dr. Winters initially appeared to have died the same way, however the hole in her skull does not appear to have been caused by a tool. Instead, the wound's edges are consistent with having been repeatedly scraped over a course of several days by what appears to be extremely fine teeth. There is no evidence suggesting how her brain was removed at this time.

No brain tissue was discovered anywhere in the home, nor did the response team find evidence of any individuals other than the victims having been in the house. The front and back doors were both locked from the inside.

Dr. █████████
Senior Observer

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License