SCP-5918

Item #: SCP-5918

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: The entire known quantity of SCP-5918 is to remain stored in a secure item locker in Site-83. SCP-5918 must remain outside of soil unless in use. Consumption of SCP-5918 or its byproduct is strictly forbidden.

Description: SCP-5918 is the designation given to approximately 2,000 sunflower seeds that are contained within a standard black garbage bag, with a white sticker labeled, "Spare Parts," that was attached to the exterior of the object.

SCP-5918's anomalous properties manifest once it has been buried in soil and provided with at least .5 liters of distilled water. A fully grown sunflower will emerge from a planted SCP-5918 instance within two hours, and a human body part will be produced from the pistil. The type of body part produced by SCP-5918 is determined by the amount of water it was supplied with when planted. A comprehensive list of grown instances can be found below.

The body parts grown from SCP-5918 do not show any degradation or decay until they have been attached to a living organism. They do not need to be surgically attached, as they will form new connective tissue once in the vicinity of the original body.

Once attached, the body part will alter its pigmentation, orientation, and appearance until it is indistinguishable from the subject. The subject will have full control of the attached part without any compromise of their pre-existing skills.

Attached body parts have a 19% chance of replicating a subject's pre-existing afflictions. The reason for this is currently unknown.

Discovery
SCP-5918 was seized from an establishment called Cannibal Chin's in Northern New Jersey on October 19, 2023, during the retrieval of SCP-5980. Investigations of the freezer revealed a number of severed human limbs1, as well as the bag containing SCP-5918.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License