SCP-5391
rating: +172+x


AN EMERGENCY NOTICE FROM THE OVERSEER COUNCIL

In light of recent cataclysmic events, the following file's clearances have been lowered from Level-5/5391 to Level-1/5391. It is our belief that the information contained in this file provides essential context to an anomaly that has affected normalcy on a world-wide scale. For the safety of our organization and the survival of humanity: all Foundation personnel are required to read this document.
The Veil has been lifted. This is now a war on all fronts.

5391

Item#: 5391
Level1
Containment Class:
esoteric
Secondary Class:
apollyon
Disruption Class:
amida
Risk Class:
danger

5333104910_a22d3748da_b.jpg

Prometheus Labs Testing Facility ENSW-1 following the revival of LSA-Brasil-001


Assigned Site Site Director Research Head Assigned Task Force
Site-40 A. Darius Simmons M. Kaori Η-5 "Jäeger Bombers"

map.png

Foundation Secure Facility Site-40, located off the coast of Wake Island

Special Containment Procedures: Complete containment of SCP-5391 is to be achieved through direct engagement of SCP-5391-1. Entities are to be subdued or terminated on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the engaging parties.

A state of détente has been declared between the Foundation and certain major paranormal organizations, specifically the Global Occult Coalition. All groups, in conjunction with world governments, are to focus efforts on the engagement and combat of SCP-5391-1. Foundation facility Site-40 has been declared neutral ground, and is to be the primary research terminal of all SCP-5391 related phenomena. As such, the remains of all SCP-5391-1 entities are to be hosted at this location for further analysis. Several massive, underground containment chambers are to be used in the event that a live SCP-5391-1 specimen can be contained.

The Foundation is presently in the early phases of an SK-Class "Broken Masquerade" scenario. As such, all protocol relating to the preservation of the Veil is to be disregarded. Refer to site supervisors and disseminated supplemental documentation for further information.

See Addendum.5391.4 for details on SCP-5391-1 engagement protocol.

Description: SCP-5391 is the designation given to the subsequent appearance of several hostile Large Scale Aggressors (LSAs) following the revival of LSA-Brasil-01. These entities, collectively referred to as both SCP-5391-1 and their individual designations, are gigafauna varying in appearance, height, and biological composition. While certain SCP-5391-1 possess physical traits similar to those found in ordinary organisms, each entity deviates in significant characteristics and anomalous capability. The unifying characteristic among SCP-5391-1 is the possession of destructive thaumatological capabilities, including the large-scale emission of Elan Vital Energy and Akiva Radiation. A brief summary detailing the characteristics and anomalous capabilities of significant SCP-5391-1 can be found in Addendum.5391.1. There are presently 27 known entities that have appeared as a result of SCP-5391.

On 1998/06/30, a series of seismic events — including tsunamis, underwater and above-ground volcanic activity, and ground tremors — resulted in the surfacing of LSA-02 through LSA-09. Entities close to large population centers immediately engaged in hostile behavior. Foundation, military, and Global Occult Coalition forces were mobilized, but were only successful in driving the entities away from large civilian populations. In most cases, SCP-5391-1 retreated into the ocean. A combined clean-up and reconstruction effort of these population centers is underway, and is expected to take full effect upon the complete containment or neutralization of the SCP-5391-1 threat.

The appearance of SCP-5391-1 has resulted in both an MH-Class "Large-Scale Aggressor Overrun" Scenario and an SK-Class "Broken Masquerade" scenario, as destruction of metropolitan and otherwise populated areas upon the awakening of these entities has damaged the Veil beyond repair.

The vector of SCP-5391 activity is hypothesized to be the resurrection of LSA-Brasil-01, an entity responsible for the attack on Hy-Brasil, a large anomalous community, in 1988. This entity was neutralized by the Global Occult Coalition through the use of an experimental, unique Casaba-Howitzer Nuclear Directed Energy Weapon, which had the subsequent effect of destroying much of the surrounding area of Hy-Brasil. Following this, the corpse of the entity fell into the possession of GoI-211, Prometheus Labs, who engaged in a series of experiments and physical modifications intended to revive the entity. On 1998/06/28, the entity was successfully revived, destroying its research facility off the coast of Swansea, Wales before escaping.

It is unknown why the revival of LSA-Brasil-01 has resulted in SCP-5391.

Addendum.5391.1: Significant SCP-5391-1 Files

Addendum.5391.2: Site-01 Internal Memo - 1998/07/01

Addendum.5391.3: Interview Log

Addendum.5391.4: Incident Wake-02-B

Addendum.5391.5: A Notice From The Overseer Council


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

From: pcs.tenpics|snommis.a#pcs.tenpics|snommis.a
To: pcs.tenpics|iroak.m#pcs.tenpics|iroak.m
Subject: Re:SCP-5391
Date: 1998/07/05

Dr. Kaori,

I'm assuming you've read the public release of the file by now. Didn't leave much out.

Two days ago, something happened in Paraguay. Killed an entire Foundation expedition team. There's ruins there. Labyrinthine cave systems filled with remnants of ancient civilizations you've never heard of. The higher-ups are starting to put the pieces together: why this is happening, what these things are, what's about to come. We were keeping this a clearance above you, but you're research head now. It's your right to know. We're almost finished revising the file.

Regards,
Albert Simmons
Site-40 Research Director


From: pcs.tenpics|iroak.m#pcs.tenpics|iroak.m
To: pcs.tenpics|snommis.a#pcs.tenpics|snommis.a
Subject: Re:SCP-5391
Date: 1998/07/05

Director Simmons,

Thank you, director. I'm glad the Overseers saw me fit to see information that is integral to carrying out my job effectively.

I spent a day arguing with the financial division, trying to dredge up several old, failed projects. Specifically the KEY program, as well as the handful that were rushed into development after the Hy-Brasil incident. RAISA won't even provide the records.

I hope you can realize that withholding information from the appointed authority on this phenomenon is neither beneficial to your cause nor protective of anyone. When will I be given permission to read this new document?

Regards,
Dr. Mikasa Kaori
Foundation Research Specialist


From: pcs.tenpics|snommis.a#pcs.tenpics|snommis.a
To: pcs.tenpics|iroak.m#pcs.tenpics|iroak.m
Subject: Re:SCP-5391
Date: 1998/07/05

Expect to see it on your desk by tomorrow morning.

Remind me, what's the KEY program?


From: pcs.tenpics|iroak.m#pcs.tenpics|iroak.m
To: pcs.tenpics|snommis.a#pcs.tenpics|snommis.a
Subject: Re:SCP-5391
Date: 1998/07/05

What do people usually do when confronted by giant monsters?

They build mechs.


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License