SCP-5304
rating: +290+x

Item#: SCP-5304
Level2
Containment Class:
keter
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
ekhi
Risk Class:
notice

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation webcrawler SIGMA-09-XEGEL is to monitor the Google Maps database for reviews of SCP-5304. Standard information suppression measures should be enacted to remove these reviews.

Containment Update 4/8/2020: MTF Sigma-14 ("REDDIT MENACE") is to monitor and suppress online discussion of SCP-5304. Cover Story APOSTRA-φ “Collaborative Fiction” is to be disseminated to reduce public interest in SCP-5304 whenever discussion of the phenomenon occurs online.

Containment Update 23/8/2020: Two additional specialized webcrawlers (SIGMA-10-REMOVEDDIT and SIGMA-11-ERADICATEDDIT) have been deployed to monitor for the presence of SCP-5304 keywords. Any online discussion of SCP-5304 should be removed from civilian access as early as possible after discovery. Visual antimemetic agents should be deployed as deemed necessary.

Containment Update 6/9/2020: In the event that civilians attempt to travel to or approach the building designated as SCP-5304, MTF Sigma-14 agents are to deter entry by any means necessary.

Description: SCP-5304 is the persistent phenomenon of the internet location service Google Maps labeling an abandoned storage building in West Virginia as “SCP Foundation - Site 50”. No such site is, nor ever has been, owned by the Foundation.

The phenomenon is anomalously resistant to information suppression techniques; all efforts aimed at removing the designation of "SCP Foundation - Site 50" or reducing its visibility have been unsuccessful. In addition, all attempts at isolating the IP address of the person or persons maintaining this designation have been unsuccessful.

This effect is compounded by the fact that current suppression technology does not allow the instantaneous removal of sensitive information from civilian web services, including Google; at present, reviews of SCP-5304 remain accessible to civilian browsers for an average of 48 hours before removal by embedded Foundation agents. The improvement of current information suppression protocol is considered a high priority.

Investigation into the origin, nature, and purpose of SCP-5304 is ongoing.

Addendum 5304-1: Discovery
Foundation webcrawler SIGMA-09-XEGEL registered sensitive keywords in the Google Maps service on 30/7/2020. SIGMA-09-XEGEL attempted to forcibly remove the location designation; when it was unable to do so, it alerted Site-15 researchers to the anomaly. After all manual attempts at removal were unsuccessful, SCP-5304 was deemed a priority due to information security concerns, classified, and issued its current containment procedures.

Preliminary examination of the building subject to the SCP-5304 phenomenon revealed it to be a non-anomalous storage facility, showing signs of having been abandoned for upwards of twenty years.

At the time of containment, no civilian visits to the Google Maps location labeled "SCP Foundation - Site 50" had been recorded.


Addendum 5304-2
A theorized memetic effect of SCP-5304 has resulted in public interest in SCP-5304 steadily increasing, despite strict adherence to information suppression protocol. Numerous observations provide evidence for this conclusion: a marked uptick in traffic to the address of SCP-5304, an increase in reviews posted to SCP-5304, and the creation of threads discussing the phenomenon on minor forums pertaining to conspiracy theories. Creation of a dedicated Mobile Task Force is pending approval.

Analysis of these observations suggested the involvement of GoI-5869 (“Gamers Against Weed”). The following are chat logs relevant to the origin of SCP-5304.

lesbian_gengar
Today at 4:28 PM
i am absolutely not clicking that
hetcopogg
Today at 4:29 PM
HA oh my god
no its fine click it
lesbian_gengar
Today at 4:29 PM
?
hetcopogg
Today at 4:29 PM
look at this shit
site50.png
lesbian_gengar
Today at 4:29 PM
no one's ever going to notice this.
gaycopmp4
Today at 4:30 PM
i know but i stopped by here on my way to ██████ and had the idea and it was easier than shit
i barely even needed to tech any shit up other than the usual cloaking shit google really just lets you say whatever you want on here
hetcopogg
Today at 4:30 PM
wait wait wait guys leave a bunch of stupid reviews
@here leave a bunch of stupid reviews
lesbian_gengar
Today at 4:30 PM
hey come on
TrainerDP
Today at 4:30 PM
bro
hetcopogg
Today at 4:30 PM
sorry
gaycopmp4
Today at 4:31 PM
vore
vore-tracker
Today at 4:31 PM
@gaycopmp4 referenced the forbidden word, setting the counter back to 0. I'll wait a half hour before warning you again.
The server went 4 days, 10 hours, 15 minutes, and 23 seconds without mentioning it.
lesbian_gengar
Today at 4:31 PM
augh.

Note: "vore-tracker" is known in Foundation communications as OMEGA-355144450437021697, a dedicated GoI-5869 chat monitor and log scraper bot.


Incident 5304-1
On 22/8/2020, SIGMA-09-XEGEL alerted Site-15 to the presence of a direct link to SCP-5304 on the social network website "Reddit". Containment procedures were assessed and updated accordingly.

During the 62-hour period before the post was removed by embedded Foundation agents, Cover Story APOSTRA-φ “Collaborative Fiction” was deployed to mitigate the breach. Efficacy was variable.


Addendum 5304-3: Logs of notable information security breaches, compiled as evidence of a possible impending BK-Class "Broken Masquerade" scenario.


Addendum 5304-4: OMEGA-355144450437021697 registered further discussion of SCP-5304 in a GoI-5869-affiliated chat room. The following are chat logs of this discussion.

solidsnakeasscheekannihilator
Today at 3:24 AM
mgs2 gackt baby
lesbian_gengar
Today at 3:28 AM
hey @gaycopmp4 the janitors are freaking out over your last thing
gaycopmp4
Today at 3:29 AM
what
huh
which one
lesbian_gengar
Today at 3:29 AM
yeah i was surprised too
gaycopmp4
Today at 3:29 AM
no serioulsy i dont remember
do you mean the site 50 thing????
lesbian_gengar
Today at 3:29 AM
the google maps—yeah
gaycopmp4
Today at 3:30 AM
ha ha oh my fucking god
are yuo serious
i completely forgot i did that
lesbian_gengar
Today at 3:30 AM
they're really losing their marbles over it though.
gaycopmp4
Today at 3:31 AM
on god???
lesbian_gengar
Today at 3:31 AM
on g-d.
ik you've been busy lately but they're just whackamoleing everyone that breathes funny
but they can't do it fast enough
so it's like bam bam bam deleted bam bam bam bam deleted
hetcopogg
Today at 3:32 AM
PFFFTTTTTT
HAAAAA
fuckin trolled i guess
gaycopmp4
Today at 3:33 AM
this is sincerely fucking killing meeeeeee
reddit1.png
"hello yes i am a normal internet user definitely not a fed"
hetcopogg
Today at 3:33 AM
"please disregard hte obvious government secrets. just one Redditor to another guys"
"you can trust me guys my account was made two minutes ago and it's a bunch of random numbers"
gaycopmp4
Today at 3:33 AM
i put like 2 minutes of effort into this and the janitors r out here clowning on themselves this is fantastic actually
solidsnakeasscheekannihilator
Today at 3:33 AM
poggers
gaycopmp4
Today at 3:34 AM
poggers
hetcopogg
Today at 3:34 AM
poggers

Incident 5304-2
On 6/9/2020, the popular channel "N████" on the video sharing site “YouTube” uploaded a video discussing the SCP-5304 phenomenon.

The video received 276,351 views and 2,976 comments before embedded Foundation agents were able to remove the video from public access; plans to remove the "N████" channel from public access via continuous false DMCA strikes are underway.

Armed MTF Sigma-14 agents have been preemptively dispatched to the building at SCP-5304's coordinates.


Addendum 5304-3: OMEGA-355144450437021697 logged the following discussion of SCP-5304 in a GoI-5869-affiliated chat room prior to becoming compromised.

lesbian_gengar
Today at 12:14 PM
so
guess the fuck what guys.
solidsnakeasscheekannihilator
Today at 12:16 PM
huh
hetcopogg
Today at 12:16 PM
whassup
lesbian_gengar
Today at 12:17 PM
i found our mole of the week.
it's fucking vorebot.
vore-tracker
Today at 12:17 PM
@lesbian_gengar referenced the forbidden word, setting the counter back to 0. I'll wait a half hour before warning you again.
The server went 8 days, 3 hours, 52 minutes, and 4 seconds without mentioning it.
lesbian_gengar
Today at 12:17 PM
oh shut the fuck up you rat bastard piece of shit
hetcopogg
Today at 12:18 PM
how do we know thats true and not just you wanting an excuse to ban it 😳
gaycopmp4
Today at 12:19 PM
no its true i ran a lookup 😔
hetcopogg
Today at 12:19 PM
aw shit.
farewell to vorebot
vore-tracker
Today at 12:19 PM
@hetcopogg referenced the forbidden word, setting the counter back to 0. I'll wait a half hour before warning you again.
The server went 0 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes, and 56 seconds without mentioning it.
solidsnakeasscheekannihilator
Today at 12:19 PM
o7
lol
gaycopmp4
Today at 12:20 PM
o7
lesbian_gengar
Today at 12:20 PM
good riddance.
gaycopmp4
Today at 12:21 PM
any last words to the janitors before i do the bot thing
hetcopogg
Today at 12:21 PM
yall just gotta ruin everything thats fun huh.
solidsnakeasscheekannihilator
Today at 12:21 PM
we had a good run but snitches get stitches
lesbian_gengar
Today at 12:23 PM
oh, and one more thing:
google the streisand effect you bunch a dipshits.
satisfaction.png
gaycopmp4
Today at 12:25 PM

At this point, OMEGA-355144450437021697 was forcefully ejected from the chatroom. Examination after this event revealed that its source code had been replaced with 600 identical lines of plaintext, all of which read the following:

Stop Cbeing Pweird
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License