SCP-5194

rating: +51+x
Item#: 5194
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
caution

Sub-1.png

SCP-5194 Upon Recovery.

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5194 is currently contained in drydock A-6 at Site-184. Drydock A-6 is undergoing renovations to see the installation of a Faraday cage surrounding SCP-5194. Broadcasts originating from SCP-5194 are to be monitored, recorded, and stored on-site for 30 days prior to deletion.

As of Transmission Deviation-07/09/20201, no attempts to access the interior of SCP-5194 are to be undertaken.

Description: SCP-5194 is an autonomous submersible bearing the designation: SCP: WM-C-DS3. While the submersible model is consistent with autonomous vessels in use by the Foundation since 1986, SCP-5194's designation code does not conform to any recorded Foundation vessel.

Additionally, SCP-5194 emits a continuous, looping shortwave radio broadcast, consisting of:

  • 15 seconds of audio dots and dashes, which can be decoded utilizing International Morse Code.2
  • 83 seconds of audio dots and dashes, which can be decoded utilizing Foundation Morse Code Cypher-MUN4.3
  • 43 seconds of static.

Recovery: SCP-5194's broadcast was detected by Foundation Naval Assets on 04/09/2020. Vessels redirected to identify and contain SCP-5194 were unable to intercept prior to SCP-5194 beaching 200m from Site-184, located on the Eastern Coast of Nova Scotia. Site personnel were then able to recover SCP-5194 with negligible public awareness.


Addendum-MC-1: The following transcription is broadcasted by SCP-5194 in International Morse Code:

SCP WM C DS3 TRANSMITTING IN THE DARK ENCODED MESSAGE TO FOLLOW

Addendum-MC-2: The following transcription is broadcasted by SCP-5194 and decoded using Foundation Morse Code Cypher-MUN4.4

ATTENTION FOUNDATION PERSONNEL: SCP-WM-C-DS3 TRANSMITTING IN THE DARK.

LOCAL DATA STORE EXCEEDING MAXIMUM CAPACITY. REQUESTING DATA TRANSFER.

AUTHENTICATION REQUIRED.

CHALLENGE: THE MOON PULLS THE SEA.

RESPONSE:

Addendum-TD-07/09/2020: Following containment of SCP-5194, Foundation personnel attempted to gain entrance to the vessel's interior. SCP-5194's access ports appeared to be locked from within, and approval was given to force access into SCP-5194. Upon attempting to cut into SCP-5194's dorsal access port, the regular broadcast ended, and the following message was broadcast in International Morse Code. Following the conclusion of this transmission deviation, and the cessation of entry attempts, SCP-5194 resumed its typical broadcasting.

FAILURE TO CEASE UNATHORIZED BREACH ATTEMPT WILL RESULT IN ERASURE OF LOCAL DATA STORAGE

Due to the potential importance of data stored upon SCP-5194, the attempt to access the vessel's interior was halted, and no further attempts are to be made.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License