SCP-5165
rating: +83+x

Item #: SCP-5165

Object Class: Safe Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5165 is to be kept in a small locked container. Any testing involving SCP-5165 must be performed in an area suitably sized for the individual test.

UPDATE 07/24/2016: SCP-5165-B is to be kept in a standard humanoid containment cell. It is to be allowed access to any non-hazardous instances of SCP-5165-A, and a limit of one ream of paper every two weeks upon request.

Description: SCP-5165 is a ream of printer paper produced by the company Botezatu Hârtie, based in Romania. The anomalous effects of SCP-5165 occur when any amount of SCP-5165 is folded into an origami figure. Once it has been folded, the portion of SCP-5165 will transform into the physical form of the folder's intended creation (henceforth referred to as SCP-5165-A). SCP-5165-A acquires the properties of the object it resembles, and is no longer composed of paper.

In some cases, however, the instance of SCP-5165-A will take the form of an item that appears to have very specific properties that are unrelated to what the folder intended to create. Many of these items have been dated to the late 19th and early 20th centuries. There is no apparent relation between these items. (See Addendum 5165.2)

Addendum 5165.1: To determine the true nature of SCP-5165, the following tests were performed.

Addendum 5165.2: Due to the importance of this experiment log and the following interview, it has been designated an independent addendum.

Addendum 5165.3: SCP-5165-B is a humanoid entity resembling a Caucasian male, measuring approximately 174 cm tall with an estimated age of 34 years old. SCP-5165-B claims to be named Marius Gheorghe. It seems to enjoy origami, and commonly uses it as a means to pass time. SCP-5165-B possesses no anomalous properties.

Further study reveals that the town that SCP-5165-B originated from was completely destroyed in a Nazi bombing, and the site of the town was eventually used to construct the Botezatu Hârtie Paper Company.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License