SCP-5063
rating: +87+x

Item #: SCP-5063

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5063 is contained within an airtight glass container filled with seawater. Outside of testing, access to SCP-5063 is barred from personnel who do not fulfill either of the following requirements:

  • Personnel was born after 1975.
  • Personnel has not been within a 30-meter radius of an alligator snapping turtle (Macrochelys temminckii) within the last 60 days.

Description: SCP-5063 is an empty, lidless can of mock turtle soup, manufactured by the Campbell Soup Company in the 1940s. SCP-5063's anomalous effect manifests whenever a live human being who doesn't fulfill the previously mentioned requirements, as determined by testing, enters its vicinity. The alligator snapping turtle they were in proximity to disappears, and SCP-5063 is filled with turtle soup, the meat of which originates from the affected turtle. The origin of the other ingredients is unknown. The soup does not manifest any additional anomalies, and is safe for consumption. SCP-5063 can not be activated by an individual born after 1975. This is suspected to be due to the popularity of turtle soup in the United States having considerably diminished at that point.

Submersion in water limits the trigger effect to physical contact only, unless the water originates from a lake inhabited by alligator snapping turtles, in which case contact between SCP-5063 and the water will activate the effect, transmuting every turtle within the lake into soup.

Discovery: Prior to containment, SCP-5063 was held at a soup museum in Washington DC. Its anomalous properties were discovered when a visitor accidentally activated its effect after standing near it during office hours. Foundation webcrawlers flagged a possible connection between the activation of SCP-5063 and the simultaneous disappearance of a turtle held at the Smithsonian's National Zoo, leading to subsequent containment of the anomaly. The item was contained under the cover story of having been infested by a hazardous mold, and the witnesses of both events were amnesticized.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License