SCP-5056 Audio Transcripts

43NET Audio Transcript Database:

SCP-5056 Holdings

Object Summary: SCP-5056-A is an incorporeal sentient being which manifests in reflective surfaces. Since 9 September 2002 it has been fixated on Site-43 Janitorial and Maintenance Technician JM64 (Philip E. Deering), following him from surface to surface and issuing a constant stream of verbal abuse relating to his insecurities and fears. As SCP-5056-A has been known to "attack" individuals threatening Deering by manifesting on their eyes or eyewear, he has been permanently confined to Site-43 and its environs.

Database Contents: Only JM64 can hear SCP-5056-A's vocalizations, but recording devices activated by him will register them correctly. As such, his standard issue uniform contains an in-seam always-on microphone. This database contains transcripts of Deering's recorded interactions with SCP-5056-A for scientific research purposes. Search criteria must be submitted in advance to the Identity and Technocryptography Section of Site-43; please allow up to five working days for parsing and processing.

Your request has been processed, and the results are appended below.


Log #5056-06-12-20
Date and Time: 06/12/2020, 4:05 PM
Location: Chair's Office, Psychology and Parapsychology Section, Site-43
Context: Annual psychological review
Present: Dr. N. Ngo, Technician P. Deering, SCP-5056-A

Dr. Ngo: How do you feel?

Deering: Like I've been stuck inside for god knows how long.

SCP-5056-A: Six thousand, four hundred and eighty-seven days…

Dr. Ngo: Do you prefer being outside?

Deering: No… I don't know. I guess I don't really have preferences. But I do like having a choice.

SCP-5056-A: …seven hours…

Dr. Ngo: You know that staying down here is what keeps other people safe, though.

Deering: I do know that. I go out there, someone catches a bad case of Doug on their eye, and that's the end of their life.."Doug" is Deering's personal appellation for SCP-5056-A. Doesn't… doesn't make it much easier on me, though. I'm stuck in the world's scariest basement, with my mop and my tools and my slate of scut work. Horizons are pretty limited, you know?

SCP-5056-A: …five minutes…

Dr. Ngo: I think you need to find something to occupy your mind. Perhaps a hobby.

Deering: Yeah. Any suggestions?

SCP-5056-A: …thirty-six seconds.

Dr. Ngo: Have you tried writing?

Deering: Any other suggestions?

SCP-5056-A: Forty-one seconds.


Log #5056-07-24-20
Date and Time: 07/24/2020, 2:29 PM
Location: Acroamatic Abatement Facility AAF-C, Site-43
Context: Routine sanitation
Present: Chief A. Torosyan (Janitorial and Maintenance Section), Technician P. Deering, SCP-5056-A
DougBucket.jpg

SCP-5056-A within JM64's Personal Sanitation Apparatus.

Chief Torosyan: Do you think he ever gets lonely?

SCP-5056-A: Not as lonely as you, Phi—

[Audio event consistent with the insertion of a mop into a bucket of water.]

Deering: When would he find the time? He's up my ass 24/7.

[Chief Torosyan guffaws.]

Deering: On my ass. I meant on my ass.

[Audio event consistent with the wringing-out of a mop.]

Chief Torosyan: Seriously though. He's stuck in that mirror — or one like it — all day, every day. What does he do when you're asleep?

Deering: Watches me.

SCP-5056-A: Always.

Chief Torosyan: I wish I could hear what he's saying. I bet he's got some juicy Phil gossip. Maybe you say interesting stuff in your sleep?

SCP-5056-A: You don't.

Deering: Doug says I don't.

Chief Torosyan: How come you only tell me what he says when he's confirming your bias against my good friend Phil Deering?

Deering: If you think he spends half the time showering me with compliments, and I'm just not reporting them, I'm gonna have to burst your bubble.

SCP-5056-A: If you think she thinks about y—

[Audio event consistent with the insertion of a mop into a bucket of water.]

Chief Torosyan: Are you cutting him off? What's he saying?

Deering: He's saying yeah, our little talks are the only thing keeping him a sane slit-faced sandpaper-monster.

[Audio event consistent with the wringing-out of a mop.]

Chief Torosyan: Wouldn't you be lonely if you didn't have him to talk to?

SCP-5056-A: Who else would you talk to, Philip?

Deering: I'm lucky. I've got a boss who inexplicably visits me during mop duty.

[Silence on recording.]

Chief Torosyan: Hasn't been a good year for face-to-face interaction.

Deering: Yeah.

Chief Torosyan: We haven't talked a lot since my promotion.

SCP-5056-A: She doesn't miss it.

Chief Torosyan: I miss it.

[Deering laughs.]

Chief Torosyan: What? What's so funny?

Deering: Uh, Doug says he misses you too.

Chief Torosyan: Well hey, that's why I'm here. Keeping you two company.

SCP-5056-A: She's here because she doesn't trust you to do your job. She knows you too well.

Chief Torosyan: Gotta check up on my best guy. Guys.

SCP-5056-A: She's writing a report. They're going to replace you.

Deering: I appreciate the sentiment.

SCP-5056-A: Not as much as you appreciate her—

[Audio event consistent with the sudden plunging of a mop into a bucket of water.]

Chief Torosyan: Thanks, my jumpsuit needed that splash of colour.


Log #5056-08-13-20
Date and Time: 08/13/2020, 10:41 PM
Location: Personal Quarters of P. Deering, Habitation and Sustenance Section, Site-43
Context: Recreational time
Present: Technician P. Deering, SCP-5056-A

[Television audio.]

SCP-5056-A: You blinked.

[Television audio ceases.]

Deering: Yeah, I fuckin' blinked. People blink. It's a thing.

[Television audio resumes.]

SCP-5056-A: What did you miss? When you blinked, Philip.

[Television audio ceases.]

Deering: What?

SCP-5056-A: What did you miss?

Deering: I didn't miss anything. It was just a fucking blink, Doug.

[Television audio resumes.]

[Television audio ceases.]

Deering: Did you say something?

SCP-5056-A: Are you hearing things, Philip?

Deering: Can't you just answer the goddamn question?

SCP-5056-A: Why are you so angry? Are you angry because you aren't enjoying this? Are you not enjoying this because you're not really paying attention?

Deering: I'm angry because I'm trying to watch a fucking TV show, and you're trying to break my immersion by telling me my immersion is broken!

[Silence on recording.]

Deering: I've got nothing else down here, dude. I'm stuck, and I'm alone, but I have my goddamn TV so shut the fuck up and let me have it. Let me do one simple thing with all the free time I don't want to have. Can you do that for me, Doug?

[Silence on recording.]

Deering: Huh? Can you?

[Silence on recording.]

[Television audio resumes.]

SCP-5056-A: Are you sure this is the right episode?


Log #5056-09-09-20
Date and Time: 09/09/2020, 10:07 PM
Location: Fourth Sublevel Cafeteria, Habitation and Sustenance Section, Site-43
Context: Personal time
Present: Chief A. Torosyan (Janitorial and Maintenance Section), Technician P. Deering, SCP-5056-A

Deering: I never really thought… I didn't think you…

Chief Torosyan: Really? Really.

Deering: Yeah, really.

Chief Torosyan: Well, I mean, I didn't think you… either.

[Deering laughs.]

Deering: Are you kidding? You have got to be kidding. I mean, you're…

[Silence on recording.]

Deering: How lon—

Chief Torosyan: Since I met you.

[Deering laughs.]

Deering: You had that on speed-dial!

Chief Torosyan: Well, how lo—

Deering: Since I met you.

[Both laugh.]

[Silence on recording.]

Chief Torosyan: What are you thinking about?

Deering: Can't you tell?

Chief Torosyan: No. Confusing me with your anxiety surrogate?

[Audio event consistent with fingernails tapping on glass.]

Chief Torosyan: He hasn't said a word tonight.

Deering: I must not have any anxieties right now.


Log #5056-02-14-21
Date and Time: 02/14/2021, 6:13 PM
Location: Inter-Sectional Subway System, Site-43
Context: Full system ride-through for monthly maintenance
Present: Chief A. Torosyan (Janitorial and Maintenance Section), Technician P. Deering, SCP-5056-A
DFMBWTIIF.jpg

SCP-5056-A within the Site-43 Inter-Sectional Subway System.

SCP-5056-A: Does she not want to be here with you? Is that why she isn't talking?

[Silence on recording.]

SCP-5056-A: Is she thinking about not being here with you? Is that why her eyes are so glossy?

[Silence on recording.]

SCP-5056-A: What if her hands are just cold, Philip? You know her hands get cold.

[Audio events consistent with two individuals shuffling in their seats, and movement against the in-seam microphone.]

SCP-5056-A: What if someone sees you?

[Silence on recording.]

SCP-5056-A: Did you remember to brush your teeth this morning?


Log #5056-06-11-21
Date and Time: 06/11/2021, 4:03 PM
Location: Chair's Office, Psychology and Parapsychology Section, Site-43
Context: Annual psychological review
Present: Dr. N. Ngo, Technician P. Deering, SCP-5056-A

Deering: Thanks for letting me do this a day early.

Dr. Ngo: Well hey, I have a social engagement tomorrow.

[Deering laughs.]

Dr. Ngo: You know, that might be the first time I've heard you laugh? Let's talk about that.

SCP-5056-A: Yes, let's talk abo—

Deering: About how humourless and morose I am?

[Silence on recording.]

Dr. Ngo: Was he about to say that? Are you finishing his thoughts, now?

Deering: Why not? They used to be my thoughts.

Dr. Ngo: What changed?

SCP-5056-A: Nothing.

Deering: A lot of things. Some of them because of Doug, some of them because of me, some of them…

Dr. Ngo: Chief Torosyan.

Deering: Yeah. I guess I didn't really care about improving myself until I had someone to improve for. Doug beat a lot of my flaws out of me… there just wasn't enough room in my head for self-pity, or self-loathing, or even selfishness with him nattering away in the background all day, every day. But Amy gave me something to actually work toward. I actually…

SCP-5056-A: You stopped wasting your life.

Dr. Ngo: Go on.

Deering: …it feels strange to say, because this has been a terrible year all over, but it's still meant so much to me. I got to see that lunacy with General Bowe. I got to fight fascists in Europe. I even helped with the Impasse. Me!

Dr. Ngo: You achieved something.

Deering: I achieved something, and… I reached out. My life isn't one long, indifferently-narrated one-man show anymore. Sure, I'm still stuck underground, but… I'm not alone down here anymore.

SCP-5056-A: You were never alone, Philip. You will never, ever be alone. Never again.

Dr. Ngo: What's he saying? Something spooky?

Deering: It's phrased that way, but that's not how I'm taking it.


Log #5056-06-12-21
Date and Time: 06/12/2021, 1:19 PM
Location: Personal Quarters of P. Deering, Habitation and Sustenance Section, Site-43
Context: Preparations for social event
Present: Technician P. Deering, SCP-5056-A

Deering: How do I look, Doug? Because I can't fucking see, with you in the mirror.

SCP-5056-A: You're making a mistake.

Deering: Yeah, I've never been good at bowties. I'd use a clip-on, but Amy would never forgive me and anyway it would clash with the tuxedo.

SCP-5056-A: You aren't ready for this.

Deering: I definitely am. But hey, if you have objections, feel free to shout them out at the appropriate time. Nobody but me will hear you, but if you make good points I'll be sure to pass them along.

SCP-5056-A: You won't hold up your end.

Deering: I'd do anything for her.

SCP-5056-A: You don't have the energy.

Deering: I've never felt this good. Are you even trying here, buddy?

SCP-5056-A: It won't change who you are.

Deering: It already has.

SCP-5056-A: It won't fix you.

[Deering laughs.]

Deering: I don't need to be fixed.


NOTICE FROM THE SITE-43 IDENTITY AND TECHNOCRYPTOGRAPHY SECTION

IT.png

After extensive review, reclassification and revision, a new database entry for SCP-5056 has been uploaded to SCiPNET. Personnel employed at Site-43 possessing Security Clearance Level 2+ credentials are encouraged to access the new file at their leisure.

— Maximilian Vroom, Chief, I&T


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License