SCP-4663

Item #: SCP-4663

Object Class: Keter1

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4663 colonies are to be housed in Type-II Containment Terraria and fed twice a week. No non-anomalous 3D printers are to be brought near SCP-4663 instances. SCP-4663 colonies may be used as waste disposal areas, according to the containment officer's discretion.

Update: Under no circumstances is a colony of SCP-4663 allowed to exceed a population of 500,000 instances.

Description: SCP-4663 is an anomalous species of arachnid indigenous to Europe and North and South America.

SCP-4663 is capable of consuming all inorganic substances but subsists mainly on metals and plastics.
SCP-4663 instances internally process these materials and spin them into thread, which is used to construct SCP-4663-1 instances.

SCP-4663-1 are living entities that resemble and function as 3D printers; however, they match no known product. Once fully constructed, SCP-4663 instances will begin feeding SCP-4663-1 biological material, which it will then use to "print" more SCP-4663 instances as their means of reproduction. As long as it is continually supplied with biological material, SCP-4663-1 is capable of creating new SCP-4663 instances at a rate of one every 150 seconds.

A traditional colony of SCP-4663 will create one SCP-4663-1 instance for every 25-50 thousand instances in the colony.

While SCP-4663-1 resemble non-anomalous 3D printers and can be used identically to a traditional printer, many of the components of SCP-4663-1 instances serve a secondary anomalous purpose, which include:

  • Input/output and electrical ports which function as "mouths" for SCP-4663 instances to deposit biological material.
  • A display screen which functions as SCP-4663-1's eyes.
  • Extruder functions that comprise as the intestines and anus of SCP-4663-1 instances; processing and excreting biological matter. Instances are also capable of using this extruder as a crude form of locomotion.
  • The area in which spools of filament would be stored has been replaced with an organ analogous to a stomach, capable of storing significantly more matter than should be able to fit within SCP-4663-1.
  • A cord which functions as a tail. If this cord is plugged into an electrical socket SCP-4663-1's efficiency will increase by a factor of roughly three thousand percent.

SCP-4663 are additionally capable of repurposing non-anomalous 3D printers into SCP-4663-1 instances. The method by which they accomplish this is unknown.

Due to the method of SCP-4663 reproduction, physical changes and evolutions happen frequently, with SCP-4663 and SCP-4663-1 being able to adapt completely to a new environment within roughly four hours of SCP-4663-1 being completed.

Addendum 4663-A:

On 6/27/2018, one of the SCP-4663 colonies in containment reached an approximate population of 1,000,000 and began to act in a frenzied manner. All SCP-4663-1 instances in the colony ceased printing, and were transported towards each other via cooperating SCP-4663 instances. As soon as the SCP-4663-1 instances were within a meter of each other, the SCP-4663 colony began to weave them together, rapidly consuming and re-purposing the surrounding containment unit into raw materials.

The resulting arachnoid construction (dubbed SCP-4663-2) was over three meters in height, and attempted to escape the site using an array of arachnid-based weaponry, creating new SCP-4663 instances at a rate of over 1,000 per second. As it traveled through the facility, the colony of SCP-4663 deconstructed the walls around it, repurposing them into additional appendages and SCP-4663-1 instances within SCP-4663-2. The SCP-4663 instances created during this time were over six times larger than usual, and were composed of various combinations of organic and inorganic material.

SCP-4663-2 was captured and re-contained several hours later. Based on its path of travel it is currently believed that SCP-4663-2 was attempting to merge with a separate SCP-4663 colony in containment. The suspected colony underwent no changes in behavior during this time.

Following this incident SCP-4663 has been reclassified to Keter.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License