SCP-4586
rating: +95+x

WARNING: Confidentiality Notice

The content of the following file concerns a vital part of ongoing Foundation Special Project HEPHAESTUS. Any and all attempts of accessing said file are logged, and further attempts to access it without proper clearance (Level 3/4586 or above) will incur in disciplinary measures. In the event that the content of this file is relayed outside of authorized channels, all subjects involved in such breach will be terminated.


IMG_2997.jpg

Portrait photograph of Dr. Robert Arthur Murthwallen taken c. 1858. Dr. Murthwallen is believed to have anomalously transformed into SCP-4586.

Item #: SCP-4586

Object Class: Euclid Thaumiel

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4586 is to be kept at Site-19, in a standard humanoid containment cell, connected to a 5 m corridor leading to the facility. A control room is to be built adjacent to the cell to monitor the specimen through a camera, placed in the cell. SCP-4586 is equipped with a Mark V shock collar, operated by technicians in the control room. Batteries must be exchanged every 72 hours, and any attempts of the subject to tamper with the collar must be met with an electric discharge to incapacitate it. Should SCP-4586 remove the collar, two guards, outfitted with electric guns and tasers, are to stun the specimen. In the event of a successful containment breach, the site is to be placed on lockdown and Mobile Task Force Lambda-5 ("White Rabbits") on-site team is to incapacitate and recontain SCP-4586.

As per Project HEPHAESTUS directive, SCP-4586 is to be escorted on a daily basis to the site's research wing, where it is to work on SCP-related projects, in an assigned laboratory. During such period, the specimen is allowed to roam the laboratory unrestricted, with at least two guards supervising it. Requests made by SCP-4586 regarding its designated projects are to be submitted to the approval of the Site Director. In order to prevent containment breaches, all mechanical and electric devices employed by the subject must be accounted for before it is escorted back to its cell, as SCP-4586 is capable of anomalously modifying them to its needs.

Description: SCP-4586 is a mobile human skeleton 1.84 m in height and 50 kg in weight, wearing a 19th century-era suit, matching black shoes, black gloves, a top hat and a decorative wooden cane. Despite the lack of necessary organs, subject possesses visual and auditory capabilities similar to that of a normal person. While it is still unknown how the specimen is able to hear, tests have confirmed SCP-4586 is capable of seeing through its only eye, located on the left socket of its skull. Subject cannot see through its right eye and its respective socket and nose have been covered with a black material believed to be a polymer of unknown composition. Even though SCP-4586 is incapable of blinking, both the eye and the subject’s sight do not appear to be affected. Additionally, while it lacks both muscular tissues and an apparent nervous system, SCP-4586 can walk and run at average speeds. As of yet, no attempts of extracting samples from either SCP-4586's bones, the material in its eye socket or its functional eye have been successful. Subject is capable of enduring extreme temperatures, pressure and kinetic impact. However, while the entity is resistant to most types of damage, electric stun guns and tasers can temporarily incapacitate SCP-4586 (See Addendum 4586-01).

Subject is sentient and capable of engaging in both verbal and written communication in several languages, although it has shown a preference for English, and is usually formal in its speech. SCP-4586 is extremely intelligent (tests have shown it to have an IQ of 189) and is knowledgeable on several subjects, such as philosophy, mathematics and history. According to written and oral accounts from SCP-4586, its scientific knowledge ranges from that available during the 19th century to current times. The specimen is capable of building mechanical devices (sometimes with anomalous properties) with few resources available, employing an unknown crafting method. Subject claims to be well-versed in a scientific field of difficult comprehension, related to a "work" recurrently mentioned.

SCP-4586 claims to be Dr. Robert Murthwallen, born in 1830 in █████████, New York. The entity is capable of providing a detailed biography of Dr. Murthwallen’s life. However, should it be questioned about certain events or details, SCP-4586 appears to purposely provide vague answers, and should it be pressed to reveal more, it either attempts to switch the topic at hand or it refuses to answer. Records from the Murthwallen family reveal that Robert was a reclusive individual who dedicated much of his life and his family’s wealth to his scientific pursuits. In April of 1867, Dr. Murthwallen was reported missing, before he was presumed dead in June of that year. Neither Dr. Murthwallen’s body nor his burial grounds have ever been located.

SCP-4586 Interviews


SCP-4586 Addenda
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License