SCP-4570
rating: +58+x
ITEM NUMBER: SCP-4570 LEVEL 2/4570
CONTAINMENT CLASS: SAFE RESTRICTED

header.png

SCP-4570

Special Containment Procedures: A 3.6-meter tall steel fence has been built around SCP-4570. This fence is to be patrolled by Foundation officials under the guise of SCP-4570 being a historic landmark. Personnel are to incapacitate any wildlife near SCP-4570 and relocate them a safe distance away. Individuals attempting to enter SCP-4570 are to be administered Class-A amnestics and released. Existing SCP-4570-A instances are to be monitored for possible containment breaches.

Further investigations into the source of SCP-4570’s anomalous properties are currently ongoing.

Description: SCP-4570 is the town of Nelson, Nevada, abandoned in 1971. Buildings within SCP-4570 are in a state of severe disrepair, with many having completely collapsed. All organisms that enter SCP-4570 will experience rapid genetic transformations. SCP-4570's effect culminates with the affected subject becoming a plant or animal native to the state of West Virginia. This effect extends to both flora and fauna, with resulting transformations (referred to as SCP-4570-A) having similar genetics and physical traits to the original entity. During these transformations, subjects have expressed extreme distress and discomfort.

Humans that enter SCP-4570 will be subject to SCP-4570’s transformation effect, although no exact pattern has been found between resulting SCP-4570-A instances.1 The only consistent effect between experiments has been reports of faint music before transformations take place, with most likening it to a song in a country genre. Recorded SCP-4570-A instances resulting from humans include:

  • North American porcupines (Erethizon dorsatum)
  • Willow oaks (Quercus phellos)
  • American black bears (Ursus americanus)
  • Turkey vultures (Cathartes aura)
  • Common snapping turtles (Chelydra serpentina)
  • Blueberries (Vaccinium corymbosum)

SCP-4570-A instances capable of locomotion will enter a building within SCP-4570. Once inside, SCP-4570-A will take on the job of a human working in that building. Despite the physical limitations of many SCP-4570-A, these jobs will be executed at a level equal to that of a human. Once their job is completed, instances will enter other buildings and socialize with other SCP-4570-A. There are currently 129 recorded SCP-4570-A instances, with 47 of the town's buildings being completely occupied. SCP-4570-A have shown notable hostility towards the Foundation, actively destroying remote drones and other monitoring devices.

Several meteorological anomalies are present within SCP-4570, with the measured air pressure of the town being significantly higher than the surrounding area. In addition, several incidents of SCP-4570 experiencing significantly colder weather than the surrounding area have been recorded.

Addendum: On 10/12/1997, all activity within SCP-4570 suddenly ceased for approximately 22 hours, including its transformative and meteorological properties. During this 22 hour period, Agent Claudia Amherst was dispatched to investigate. Included below is a transcript of the exploration.


rating: +58+x
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License