SCP-444-J
rating: +52+x
jamcon.png

SCP-444-J

Item #: SCP-444-J

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Due to the mass appeal of SCP-444-J, extensive containment has been deemed unnecessary. Allocated resources are to be used to provide all Foundation personnel tickets to SCP-444-J, where they shall remain for its duration. Containment procedures that would be considered uncouth while attending SCP-444-J are not to be taken, as that could potentially result in a permanent ban from future SCP-444-J.

Description: SCP-444-J is a convention celebrating the creation and consumption of fruit preserves. SCP-444-J is globally recognized as the premiere convention for fruit preserves, with the event often drawing significant attention on an international scale. Despite this, SCP-444-J has no memetic or compulsory effect; the event is merely a popular curios among the public. This event lasts three days in duration, although more recent SCP-444-J have lasted an average of six days. During this period, activity from both the Foundation and known Groups of Interest will significantly decrease, with all parties focused primarily on attending and enjoying SCP-444-J.

SCP-444-J's operation directly correlates with a sizable increase in anomalous phenomenon and activities. Universal spatial and temporal cohesion will suffer immense strain, most likely due to the sudden introduction of conflicting anomalies to baseline reality en masse. These anomalies are extremely volatile in both nature and narrative coherence, propagating more frequently within densely populated areas. An increase in thaumic storms and severe weather will result in the mass restructuring of continental land-forms. Soon after, formerly dormant eschatological figures will awaken and attempt to reshape baseline reality on a universal scale. Worldwide casualties will often reach the hundreds of thousands in total, with this death toll increasing with each passing SCP-444-J.1

The only area unaffected by SCP-444-J's anomalous effects is the area occupied by SCP-444-J itself. Attendants of SCP-444-J are often completely unaware of its anomalous effects, too engrossed in admittedly enthralling fruit preserves and fruit-preserves-related activities.

Upon the conclusion of SCP-444-J, its anomalous effects will gradually cease. Produced anomalous objects will fade into obscurity, while others will suddenly cease to exist entirely. On average, normalcy will be restored within one month. Occasionally objects will transcend this obscurity, although these are few and far between.2 As the time of documentation, there have been a total of three SCP-444-J occurrences, with the third having taken place between 03/09/2020 and 03/14/2020, resulting in the manifestation of over 170 separate anomalous objects and events. The containment of these anomalies are considered low-priority, as this would take away from the excitement of waiting for the next SCP-444-J.

Addendum: The following proposal was submitted to the O5 Council by Dr. Neil Breen3 regarding the supposedly lax containment procedures regarding SCP-444-J.

O5 COUNCIL PROPOSAL SUMMARY

PROPOSAL:
"Attempt to develop measures to more effectively contain the anomalous fallout caused by SCP-444-J as soon as possible, as its ever-increasing size will make future containment efforts radically more difficult. Its constant threat to normality has barely been addressed, if at all, which continues to grow more volatile with each passing event." (Dr. Breen)

COUNCIL VOTE SUMMARY:

YEA NAY ABSTAIN
O5-01
O5-02
O5-03
O5-04
O5-06
O5-07
O5-08
O5-09
O5-10
O5-11
O5-12
O5-13

STATUS
DENIED

NOTES:
Dr. Breen has been barred from attending further SCP-444-J on account of being a total buzzkill.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License