SCP-4408
rating: +155+x
ice.jpg

Dr. Lawler, at the end of day 28 of their expedition into SCP-4408.

Item #: SCP-4408

Object Class: Safe Euclid (See Addendum 4408-1)

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation operatives will monitor flight control near the Chatham Islands and redirect all flights passing within 2 km of SCP-4408. MTF Delta-11 "Birdshooters" will conduct information operations to discourage recreational aviation in the area, as well as lobby towards more stringent laws for amateur aviators.

Description: SCP-4408 is a pocket universe entered by flying at an altitude of approximately 3.4 km, traveling north through the airspace 65 km directly east of the Chatham Islands. SCP-4408 can only be occupied by one living person at a time. SCP-4408 covers an area of at least 250 km2, 47 km2 of which have been explored and documented. The ground within SCP-4408 is composed entirely of ice, going down at least five meters.

When a person enters SCP-4408, any vehicle or device used to enter SCP-4408 will begin to fail1. If it requires fuel, it will become empty. Otherwise, a small part will break off, forcing it to land. An observer of someone entering SCP-4408 will perceive the event as the plane disappearing into a cloud. The person entering SCP-4408 will perceive their entrance as a sudden parting of clouds. This is regardless of weather conditions at the time of entrance.

Once landed, after exactly thirty days they will find a means of leaving SCP-4408. This has included finding fuel, making a sudden breakthrough in how to fix a part, and, in one case, finding a door that led into [DATA EXPUNGED], Nelson, New Zealand. However, unlike other equipment brought into SCP-4408, any items used to leave SCP-4408 are not persistent between explorations.

Discovery: SCP-4408 was initially discovered when Agent Wellington failed to meet his daily report-in time while on leave on 04/19/19██. Investigation showed the anomalous departure of Agent Wellington's own aircraft into SCP-4408, and a UAV was sent into SCP-4408. The operator immediately lost contact with the UAV.

On 09/23/19██, a civilian aircraft passed into SCP-4408, evading containment procedures due to a storm in the area. Civilian authorities cited the storm as the cause of the disappearance without the need for Foundation interference.

On 10/23/19██, the civilian aircraft reappeared. MTF Delta-11 detained its pilot, Martha Weber, and interrogated her after she received medical care for starvation and exposure. She was administered class-D amnestics and released onto the beach of Chatham Island. Weber reintegrated into society without additional side effects.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License