SCP-3970
rating: +266+x

Item #: SCP-3970

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Site-211 has been created around SCP-3970 under the guise of a geologic research facility. Security checkpoints have been established on all roads leading to Site-211 to deter unauthorized access.

Entrances to Unit-01 are to be guarded at all times. Personnel without Level 4/3970 clearance must receive permission from the site director to enter, perform experiments on, or otherwise interact with SCP-3970.

SCP-3970 is to be given a psychological evaluation every week.

Description: SCP-3970 is located in the town of ████████, Washington, near the Glacier Peak region of the Cascade Mountains. SCP-3970 designates a former elementary school building. SCP-3970 is composed of two main hallways, with each end facing a cardinal direction. The main entrance and administration offices lie at the southern end of the school. Following the hallway north leads to a large cafeteria/auditorium, which includes a bathroom and small stage. Classrooms are present at the east and west ends of the school, with 6 in total. SCP-3970 has been fully integrated into Site-211 and is now known as Unit-01.

Various phenomena have been documented inside SCP-3970, including:

  • Movement of floor/ceiling tiles
  • Reconfiguration of electrical wires
  • Movement of walls
  • Removal/relocation of doors
  • Reconfiguration of piping
  • Activation of fire suppressant systems

SCP-3970 can communicate through rearranging chalk dust on any of the blackboards present within the former classrooms. Similarly, communication with SCP-3970 is possible by inscribing words upon the blackboards. Upon discovery, SCP-3970 used a crude form of written English, often misspelling words and misplacing punctuation, but since first contact, SCP-3970 has improved its language use considerably.

SCP-3970 is fully sapient, having approximately the intelligence level of an average seven-year-old human. SCP-3970 possesses two forms of "senses", which allow it to feel and perceive areas within itself. SCP-3970 can detect when pressure is applied to any part of its structure, reacting to forces as little as 1 mN. SCP-3970 has also shown the ability to detect heat levels within its dimensions. This effect is believed to give SCP-3970 a form of sight through an effect similar to thermal imaging.

Discovery: Prior to 12/9/199█, SCP-3970 was a fully-functional school known as Northern Washington Elementary School. The building was taken under Foundation control to serve as a temporary containment site for SCP-████, and was shut down after transfer procedures were successfully completed. The area came back under observation when a field agent notified the Foundation of police reports detailing multiple missing persons, all of which were last seen near the former Foundation site. MTF Psi-7 ("Home Improvement") Division 3 was subsequently sent to assess any possible threats and destroy the building if necessary. Upon arrival, the team discovered the decommissioned containment area had been sealed by a brick wall. After demolishing the wall, a small blue sphere was found within the containment tent, along with 7 bodies matching the description of police reports. The sphere was later found to be a non-anomalous children's toy, commonly called a "magic-8 ball". While investigating one of the building's classrooms, a message manifested on the blackboard: "pleese dont hurt me". The team was evacuated, and initial contact was attempted.

Addendum-3970-1: Psychological Evaluation Logs

[DATA OMITTED]
[DATA OMITTED]



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License