SCP-3954
rating: +11+x

Item #: SCP-3954

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3954 is to be housed in a 5m X 5m humanoid containment cell in Site 4 with standard furniture items and a TV.

SCP-3954 is to be kept restrained to a 2m steel pole in a Type S Standard Humanoid Containment Cell. Under no circumstances may SCP-3954 be given amnestics of any class at any time. No meals are required and no other precautions are necessary.

Description: SCP-3954 is a sexless humanoid, 1.5m tall and weighing 13.6kg. SCP-3954 resembles a scarecrow, with a support structure made up of paper and masking tape, with a thin outer layer of leather. SCP-3954 contains organic structures, including an oral cavity1, hair, nostrils, and luminescent eyes; all of these organs possess human DNA. SCP-3954 is sapient and capable of speech in several languages, and has shown passive-aggressive behavior when speaking.

Cranial Ultrasounds revealed the subject's optic nerves to be attached to a lone brain stem twice the size of an average human's. Further ultrasounds have revealed a larynx, trachea, bronchial tubes, and lungs. Each of SCP-3954's organs are encased in a protective, non-flammable mucus. Although the subject is immune to moderate blunt force trauma, electricity has shown to cause physical distress and damage to the living tissues in its organs. (See Addendum 3954-C) Subject is incapable of movement from the waist-below and unable to lift its arms above its head. The subject will remain motionless and unconscious during most of the day, only awakening for tests or to converse with itself.

SCP-3954 has access to memories of individuals it views2 or comes within close proximity of. The subject seems to recall only specific memories that usually cause stress or extreme discomfort, and tends to use this private information against its target in a taunting fashion. SCP-3954 has proven to be able to learn the full identities of individuals observed in a memory.

Multiple experiments have been conducted with chosen test subjects including D-Class personnel, actors3, and a collection of presidential campaigns. SCP-3954's refusal in cooperation, however, has encouraged staff to terminate any possible future testing.

SCP-3954 was discovered in ██, Maine, when an individual attending a Halloween attraction became hostile and began attacking one of the scarecrow props after allegedly hearing it accuse them of homicide. Such accusations were confirmed to be true when the suspect confessed to law enforcement after being taken into custody for damage of property and assault. Wonders of how the theme park knew about the homicide encouraged local law enforcement to investigate, where they discovered SCP-3954, catching the attention of the Foundation after reports of a talking scarecrow began surfacing. Employees of the park claimed that SCP-3954 was never their property and were unaware of its existence until after the incident, leaving its true origins unknown. Agents of the Foundation easily contained SCP-3954, and all witnesses were given amnestic treatment.

Addendum 3954-A: Testing

Originally assigned to SCP-3954, Dr. ██ requested amnestics and a transfer after conducting the first interview of its processing. SCP-3954 displayed its anomalous properties by focusing on Dr. ██'s personal life to the point where they became emotionally overwhelmed. Responsibilities were passed onto Dr. O'Dell.

Initial tests with SCP-3954 were first conducted with D-Class personnel entering its containment chamber under the supervision of Dr. O'Dell. Below is one of few relevant transcripts of SCP-3954's testing logs.

Addendum 3954-B: Amnestics

On 12/16/2008, it was discovered that the Foundation's amnestics had effect on SCP-3954. The idea generated from Dr. O'Dell's theory on the drugs wiping SCP-3954's learned memories despite possessing only a brain stem and not a full brain. Dr. O'Dell tested out this theory with class A amnestics in aerosol form. Successfully administered, SCP-3954 had 12 hours of memory erased from its knowledge.

With Experiment 3954-B successful, Dr. O'Dell planned further research in studying how far SCP-3954's memory could be wiped. It's been theorized that SCP-3954 could be administered more powerful amnestics without risks of severe side-effects4. However, without veins or the ability of oral consumption, injections and tablets were not possible for SCP-3954, thus encouraging Dr. O'Dell to explore the usage of class A amnestics in dosages higher than normally recommended by Ethics Committee. Dr. O'Dell conducted two weeks worth of sessions involving excessive amnestic administration. The results were temporary amnesia and SCP-3954 losing approximately over half its memory of the Foundation.

SCP-3954 began displaying classic signs of dependency after prolonged use. On 2/28/2009, SCP-3954 experienced its first withdrawal, forcing medical staff to intervene and terminate Experiment 3954-B-2. After rehabilitating SCP-3954, Ethics Committee ordered the prohibition of freely experimenting amnestics on SCP's. If amnestics are to ever be used, medical staff must be present and perform follow-ups.

Addendum 3954-C: Conversation

After the incident with Experiment 3954-B-2, Dr. Simms was assigned in Dr. O'Dell's5 position after SCP-3954's release from rehabilitation. Dr. Simms had conducted a successful interview with SCP-3954 in understanding its anomalous properties.

Below is a transcript recorded on 6/12/2009 of SCP-3954 conversing with itself inside its containment chamber. The discussion caught the interest of staff due to its particular nature, but when questioned, SCP-3954 refused any explanations. This has been the first and only conversation SCP-3954 has had with itself involving possible origins.

[ SCP-3954 conversing with itself inside of containment. No personnel staff were inside of its cell at the time. ]

SCP-3954: That's quite lovely, isn't it? So vast and spacious. No worries of getting cramped and forgotten about. But there are many that I'd like to forget. They never leave. Some of them are funny, yes. They do help. Hang on to the funny stuff and make the best of it. After all, laughter is the best medicine, right? Do I miss him? Of course I do. Well…from time to time. Not so much anymore. You could say I'm glad that I'm away. I hated being his "reminder". But he is the one who created me, after all; I can only respect him, though he did say I was too flawed. But I remember everything just fine. My knowledge can't be forced back by a physical boundary like his. No brain and I have better memory than him. Hah! However, I wish some things would disappear forever. I wish I had a physical limit like he. But the only limit is the universe. And there's plenty of space.

Addendum 3954-01: Re: Procedure update - Request for silencing SCP-3954 via gag during routined cell maintenance is denied. (See document 3954-01)

Document 3954-01 As stated before, no other precautions are necessary. And refrain from assaulting SCP-3954. Just because it can take the damage doesn't mean you won't be reprimanded for it. If its remarks are too much to ignore then just wear headphones when conducting electrical maintenance around its cell. ~Dr. Simms

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License