SCP-3815
rating: +61+x

Item #: SCP-3815

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3815 is currently housed on a clandestine farm in ██████, Utah, under the visual supervision of three female, Level-2 personnel, trained specifically to counter its anomaly. Once a month a courier from Site-11 is to be dispatched to the location to resupply the group with amenities as needed. SCP-3815 is allowed free roam around the property during daylight hours provided an escort, and limited television and internet access dependent on good behavior.

Description: SCP-3815 is a human female of Icelandic nationality by the name of Elena Bell. Subject is 20 years of age, stands approximately 1.5m tall and weighs 46kg.

SCP-3815 is an entity whose immediate location is solely dependent upon being in the sightline of the nearest human being, disregarding itself. If visual contact of the subject is severed by prolonged blinking or sufficiently obscured by any means, SCP-3815 will spontaneously materialize into view of the nearest living individual including its clothing and any untethered objects it may be holding at the time.

Subject does not appear to be in control of this phenomena as relocation occurs regardless of its will, disposition, or state of consciousness.

According to SCP-3815’s own testimony this anomaly began manifesting five days after its 20th birthday, following its mother’s passing. If it is to be believed, interviews suggest there might be a correlation between the two events, though the actual cause remains unknown.

Any further experiments involving SCP-3815 have been discontinued following Incident SCP-3815-08, in which line of sight testing caused the subject to partially materialize into a concrete wall where the nearest researcher was focusing, resulting in a small crater and substantial spinal injury for SCP-3815. Any new relevant information denoting a change in relocation behavior or circumstances involving significant harm brought to the subject are to be documented and logged by assigned personnel at the time.

Addendum 3815-01: Any abandoned parts of the subject’s physiology including locks of hair, fingernail clippings, skin scrapings, saliva, blood samples, and bodily waste products no longer possess the line of sight anomaly.

Addendum 3815-02: Experimentation with mirrors, reflective surfaces, and live camera feeds reveal that an indirect line of sight is sufficient to prevent dematerialization and relocation of the subject. In addition, complete obscuration is required for a line of sight relocation to occur; so long as the subject’s perceived outline is still visible the subject remains in place. This may also help to explain why typical blinking patterns by observers does not trigger the anomaly, as perception seems to take precedence over actual line of sight. Utilization of mirrors and translucent curtains in subject’s residence to allow ease of containment and privacy have been approved.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License