SCP-3812


rating: +988+x
BY ORDER OF THE OVERSEER COUNCIL
The following file describes a Level 13 existential threat,
and is Level 5/3812 classified
Unauthorized access is forbidden.
3812
Item#: 3812
Level5
Containment Class:
keter
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
ekhi
Risk Class:
danger

RAE.jpg

SCP-3812, appearing here as a policeman in riot gear, as viewed through a Brunning-Kant Viewer (right).

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3812 is currently only partially contained1. See containment proposal brief below for more information.

Keter-Class Containment Proposal Brief2: SCP-3812 is to be constantly monitored by Mobile Task Force Ganymede-66 “Starlight Knights”, who are to maintain a 5km quarantined area of exclusion around SCP-3812. The acting MTF GY-66 Team Lead, in conjunction with Site-86 research staff, is allowed fiat authority in regards to any aspect of SCP-3812’s containment. Special care must be taken in order to prevent unnecessary exposure to SCP-3812.

Current containment efforts focus on mitigating SCP-3812’s influence on population centers, as well as research into the full breadth of SCP-3812’s anomalous capabilities in order to establish a more comprehensive containment procedure. Information Security teams are to monitor all forms of digital media in order to prevent widespread awareness of SCP-3812.

SCP-3812 has an active, aggressive, anomalous influence on reality. SCP-3812 is capable of altering events throughout time3 to prevent its containment. Due to the nature of these alterations, it is highly unlikely that any individual affected by SCP-3812’s anomalous influence will be aware that they are affected. It is highly likely that most affected individuals no longer exist as a result of SCP-3812’s influence, though any attempt to deduce how often this has happened would be speculative.

sam.png

SCP-3812 in front of its childhood home. Image taken from Louisiana state records.

Description: SCP-3812 is a reality-altering entity. Due to SCP-3812's latent effect on reality, it is nearly impossible to describe SCP-3812 in any meaningful way. All that is known about SCP-3812 is that it was once Sam Howell, a non-anomalous African-American human being, who was believed to have died in 1996. Sometime shortly after its death, SCP-3812 was observed rising out of its grave and disappearing. SCP-3812 was brought to the Foundation's attention after its presence resulted in the demolition of an apartment building in Warsaw, Poland. Due to its anomalous capabilities, SCP-3812's appearance varies significantly, making it exceedingly difficult to track. SCP-3812 is currently located at 26°26’49”S 137° 56’27”W over the South Pacific Ocean.

SCP-3812 exhibits signs of an extremely advanced Eigenmann-Vietor schizophrenia complex4, specifically: extreme paranoia, extreme dysphoria, extreme mania/depression, inability to properly perceive their surroundings, inability to discern the difference between the real and imagined, inability to differentiate between living and dead beings, inability to control expressions of emotion, hearing voices that are not there, seeing things that are not there, feeling or otherwise experiencing stimuli that do not exist, etc5.

In the twenty years since SCP-3812 was initially discovered, these symptoms have grown steadily worse. Originally, SCP-3812 was responsive to questioning and sought help in managing its condition from Foundation researchers. Over time, SCP-3812 became more isolated and withdrawn, eventually becoming entirely unresponsive and acting in erratic and unpredictable ways. Currently, SCP-3812 is not able to accurately perceive the world around it, and will occasionally6 alter reality in order to diminish the discrepancy between how it perceives something, and the way that something is in actuality. Due to this, it is impossible to know how often reality has been modified, only how often SCP-3812 has not created a clean alteration7 and has left behind evidence of its influence on reality.

SCP-3812 is impossible to contain within any form of containment cell. SCP-3812 will alter reality to remove the containment cell, or move itself to another location, drastically impeding containment efforts. SCP-3812 seems to subconsciously resist attempts at containment, as well. Even if it is caught unaware, SCP-3812 cannot be tranquilized or amnesticized, as SCP-3812 will alter reality to remove or eliminate any threats to itself or its freedom of movement. Because of this, current containment efforts focus on mitigating damage and expressions of SCP-3812’s symptoms as opposed to outright containment.

unshaped.jpg

Image of SCP-3812. Context unknown.

Over time, SCP-3812 has become significantly less humanoid in appearance, and is now only vaguely humanoid and occasionally manifests in a variety of shapes and appearances. Additionally, SCP-3812 produces a latent anomalous effect on local reality, specifically in the form of temporal and spatial distortions surrounding the entity. These distortions are occasionally accompanied by random, violent outbursts that may dramatically shift or damage local space and time. While SCP-3812 is usually docile and aimless, its random outbursts are invariably fatal to any living creature nearby, and can be extremely disastrous on a massive scale if not properly contained.

SCP-3812 manifested in its current form at its current location on July 19th, 2015.

Addendum 3812.1: Interview

Addendum 3812.2: Memo from the Office of Dr. Yamamara regarding the 21/09/2015 “Report on SCP-3812’s Behavioural Instability and the Implication of Existential Threats”

Addendum 3812.3: Excerpt from Dr. Yamamara’s “Report on SCP-3812’s Behavioural Instability and the Implication of Existential Threats”, Page 194, “PK-Class “All-In-One” Existential Pandaemonium Event”

Addendum 3812.4: Log of SCP-3812 Alteration Events

Addendum 3812.5: ██/██/████ Event

Addendum 3812.6: Excerpt from "Supersession and the Echelon of Reality" by Dr. Robert Scranton

Addendum 3812.7: 12/20/2016 XK-Class “End of the World” Event

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License