SCP-3780 Extended Incident Log
rating: +180+x

This document contains all currently declassified incident logs regarding SCP-3780 and the Department of Temporal Anomalies' Operation Thunderbolt. Temporal Anomalies personnel are to use the following format when filing declassified logs:

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt:

Preventative Measures:


Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: At some point between 6:00 AM and 12:00 PM, Oswald is surreptitiously swapped with an Anderson Robotics Saker unit. The deception is not discovered until 12:30 PM, when the Saker fails to shoot Kennedy and attempts to flee. Upon incapacitation, the unit is discovered.

Preventative Measures: Temporal Anomalies personnel move Lee Harvey Oswald forward in time from 5:59 AM to 12:01 PM. The Saker unit pretending to be Oswald at 12:01 PM is incapacitated and transferred to Oswald's bedroom at 5:59 AM. Oswald is then subjected to a pre-prepared hypnotherapy regimen and prepped for assassination, which then proceeds as scheduled.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: An instance of SCP-1746 forms over Dallas, forcing the presidential motorcade to be cancelled as a result of the storm. The resulting storm pattern devastates the city.

Preventative Measures: In the original variant of the timeline in which this incident took place, the waffle cone had not yet been invented, and the requisite frozen dairy confectionary to prevent SCP-1746 from forming did not exist. Thus, the Department of Temporal Anomalies sent agents to the 1904 Worlds Fair in Chicago to introduce and popularize the dessert, which would ensure the existence of the waffle cone in time for its use to prevent SCP-1746 prior to the presidential motorcade.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: At 11:47 AM, one hundred instances of the individual known as Allison Chao storm the Texas Book Depository, overrunning all posted guards as well as subsequent reinforcements. Temporal measurements of the depository suggest that each instance is a version of Allison Chao separated temporally by a single second relative to the original Chao's base time period. Each instance is uniquely prepared to handle part of the Department's countermeasures; together, they are able to continually overcome the Department's protective measures and kill Oswald.

Preventative Measures: The Department of Temporal Anomalies contacts each instance of Chao and provides her with different partial information regarding [REDACTED] in exchange for betraying her associates. As a result, the offensive fails at 11:48 AM as the Chaos turn on each other. At 12:03, the surviving Chaos temporally evacuate the area; Oswald is dosed with a mild amnestic to ensure that he forgets the events of the raid and successfully assassinates Kennedy on time.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: At 9:31 AM, an unknown assailant poses as a Secret Service agent and covertly bites President Kennedy. Simultaneously at 9:31 AM, the same assailant laces Oswald's bullets with lunar regolith. When the bullet impacts Kennedy's head, the President transforms into a werewolf, regenerates the bullet wound, and begins harassing pedestrians.

Preventative Measures: Prior to the planting of regolith, agents of the Department of Temporal Anomalies substitute Oswald's ammunition for bullets composed of a silver alloy. The assassination proceeds as expected, and evidence of Kennedy's lycanthropy is suppressed post-mortem. Due to differences in density, the silver bullet experienced a flight path and penetration profile slightly altered from what would be expected for a typical bullet fired from that angle. This detail is sufficiently minor that its likelihood of being noted by civilian observers is extremely low.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: At 12:25 PM, an entity identical to nightclub owner and Oswald assassin Jack Ruby somehow breaches Temporal Department defenses of the Texas Book Depository. Entity identified itself as "Lee Harold Oswalt" to guards who allowed it to pass uninhibited, without concern for the situation. Entity discovered Oswald, and the two began to kiss and then have sex, distracting Oswald from his position killing Kennedy. Personnel either took no notice of this, or seemingly did not consider the situation unusual until a cephalopod tentacle emerged from the Ruby-entity's torso and stabbed Oswald in the heart. At that moment, personnel realized what was happening and decided to intervene, the Ruby-entity reportedly exclaimed "That's all, folks!" and vanished.

Preventative Measures: Oswald's injuries were found to be minor, with no evidence of chest wounds or heart wounds found, despite contrary appearances. After brief medical treatment the assassination proceded as planned. At the time of his death, Jack Ruby was found to have no anomalous qualities.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: At 5:30 AM, both Jacqueline Kennedy and Lady Bird Johnson appear to quickly gain large amounts of weight and then just as quickly lose them. At 6:08 that evening, Patricia Johnson McMillan1 is found wandering the side of a highway near Ciudad Techo, Bogota, Colombia, with a typed note in her coat pocket reading "Fat's where it's at! Look's (sic) like the first ladies lost the Battle of the Bulge." At 8:30 PM, the corpse of a 17 year old teenager, identical to Lee Harvey Oswald at that age, was found dead on another highway outside Dallas, smeared in pig lard. Oswald himself was not affected.

Preventative Measures: Due to the anomaly's noninterference with the actual assasination, the Temporal Department only records the events as related to the central anomaly. It is theorized that this was an unusual and unsuccessful attempt to halt the assassination by an unknown party. All related persons issued Class-B amnestics. Following the assassination, Ciudad Techo, Bogota was renamed to Ciudad Kennedy. The significance of this is unknown.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: The assassination proceeds as usual until Oswald opens fire. He fires several rounds, missing each time (one shot wounds a bystander). President Kennedy's motorcade accelerates and escapes to safety. After the incident, Oswald is detained and found to be heavily inebriated. An unknown temporal agent had made contact with him earlier in the morning and purchased a large number of drinks for him.

Preventative Measures: Tachyonic interference around the bar in which the unknown agent plied Oswald with the drinks makes prevention of his alcohol consumption untenable. Oswald is placed within a Class-II non-causal temporal loop until he is sober. He is then dosed with amnestics and returned to the Texas Book Depository in time to complete the assassination.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: A suitcase which contained a miniaturized thermonuclear device with a yield of 1.2 megatons of TNT (technology anachronistic for 1963) was discovered in the Texas Book Depository. It was accompanied by a note which read, 'Dear Foundation: Fuck it.' Device detonated shortly before assassination could be completed, killing Oswald, the President, all present personnel, and an unknown number of civilians.

Preventative Measures: Experts in thermonuclear ordinance sent back to defuse weapon before detonation. Assassination proceeds as usual.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: A prepubescent spectator throws a rock onto Dealey Plaza shortly before the motorcade passes. As Oswald begins firing, the President's limousine swerves slightly to avoid the rock. Kennedy is then only hit once, a non-fatal shot to his left shoulder, before the motorcade escapes to safety.

Preventative Measures: A Temporal Anomalies Agent grabbed the rock from the spectator's hand. Interrogation revealed no anomalous compulsions and no further motivations beyond juvenile mischief.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: On the morning of November 22, Oswald spontaneously developed the inability to physically touch any object he would perceive or attempt to use as a weapon. When instructed to damage a table with the plate he was currently holding, Oswald was immediately unable to hold the plate any longer.

Preventative Measures: A temporal duplicate of Oswald was extracted from 3:21:06 AM the same day, who displayed no anomalous abilities. Oswald-2 was able to successfully carry out the assassination. Oswald-2 proceeded along the correct chain of events, and was returned upon the shooting of J.D. Tippet and replaced by Oswald-1. Temporal agents posed as police and federal agents until the death of Oswald-1 by Jack Ruby.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: On the morning of November 22, the planned route for the presidential motorcade route was found to be blocked by a massive pile of apple seeds.

Preventative Measures: After the route was cleared of obstructions, Dr. King was found to have been temporally displaced from 04/12/2020. Interviews with Dr. King revealed no insight as to how he arrived up in 1963, and was returned to his original temporal coordinates without further incident.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: Several hours before the planned departure of the motorcade, all vehicles capable of participation are dismantled, then reassembled incorrectly so as to immediately cause irreparable damage upon an attempt to start the engine.

Preventative Measures: All damaged vehicles are replaced before any White House personnel perform pre-event checks. Assassination otherwise unaffected.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: On ██/██/████, SCP-946-1 and SCP-946-2 began to argue about the probability of Oswald's shot, saying that:

"Oswald was a pretty bad shot back when he served in the Marine Corps, his rifle was not very accurate, and it was a very, very great distance. Either Oswald hit a 1 in 1,000,000 shot, or someone's lying."

Oswald was seen to demanifest 5 minutes before the assassination could take place.

Preventative Measures: Temporal Anomalies personnel were successful in intercepting SCP-946 before the argument could take place. The assassination proceeds as normal.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: At the moment Oswald begins to fire on the motorcade, Kennedy is instantaneously replaced by his son, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Jr., as he was on July 16, 1999, moments before his fatal plane crash near Martha's Vineyard, MA. On July 21, 1999, the Foundation reaches out to its contacts in the UIU, who confirm that the body pulled from the pilot's seat of the wreckage belonged to President Kennedy, dressed as he was at the moment he vanished in 1963. There is no other reported change to the timeline of events that originally led to Kennedy, Jr.'s death.2

Preventative Measures: Both Kennedys are taken into custody by Temporal Anomalies agents before their respective deaths. John F. Kennedy, Jr. is brought to November 22, 1963, and after a painstaking regiment of amnestics and brainwashing, he eventually manages to mimic his father's words and actions from the morning of his assassination. The unconscious President Kennedy is brought to July 16, 1999, and strapped into his son's pilot's seat at 8:40 P.M., just after Kennedy, Jr.'s final known transmission. Passengers Carolyn and Lauren Bessette are tranquilized and left in their seats. Agents then operate the plane remotely and guide it to its prescribed crash site. After some trial and error, the Kennedys eventually switch places at the right moment to die in the time, place and manner dictated by baseline reality.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: Immediately prior to Oswald's first shot, a large gust of wind carries an umbrella directly into his line of sight. This momentary distraction allows the umbrella to be carried to the sixth floor window, where it is revealed to be an instance of SCP-803-1, which attacks and kills Oswald. Analysis of post-shooting footage reveals the wind was generated by an unidentified woman utilizing thaumaturgic abilities.

Preventative Measures: Two agents are dispatched to location of unidentified woman before the shooting in order to intercept her. Agent Palmer is able to confiscate SCP-803-1 instance and incapacitate it after a brief struggle, but the PoI escapes by activating a Way.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt:

Preventative Measures: Operation Thunderbolt is directed to ensure that President John F. Kennedy is assassinated at 12:30 PM on 11/22/1963.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: At 11:15 AM, President Kennedy reported severe chest pain and collapsed aboard Air Force One while en route to Dallas Love Field. Onboard medical personnel were unable to prevent Kennedy from expiring due to cardiac arrest.

Preventative Measures: Temporal Agents extracted the President mid-flight from 11:12 AM to a secure Foundation medical facility. Subsequent medical intervention successfully prevented expiry by utilizing anachronistic treatment methods to remove an abnormal tumorous growth found rapidly expanding within the pericardial cavity. Following recovery and amnesticization, the President was returned to 11:12 AM, experiencing only minor disorientation. The assassination proceeds as normal.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: Assassination proceeded as normal. At 12:31 PM, a second instance of President Kennedy (Kennedy-B) emerged from the "Ship's Lounge" bar, approximately 3 miles north-east of the assassination site. Kennedy-B claimed that he had been "transported" from Dealey Plaza to the men's restroom of the bar by some unknown force. Investigation showed that Kennedy-B materialized in the restroom at the exact moment that Oswald's bullet struck the primary Kennedy instance (Kennedy-A).

Preventative Measures: Agents intercepted Kennedy-B before he could exit the restroom and detained him in a Class-█ temporal stasis loop. This detention will continue until further notice.

No, you do not get to slack off just because "we have a spare now". That's a last-resort option. - Dr. Moldenhauer

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: An unidentified male bearing armor with the Operation Thunderbolt logo attacked President Kennedy with a broken temporal sink.

Preventative Measures: The Operation Thunderbolt logo was changed.

Yes I know it looks like that the containment procedures may be causing SCP-3780 at this point. I've dealt with this kind of paradox before; we just have to wait until an esoteric year to find out. Until then we will keep Operation Thunderbolt to prolong temporal alterations as long as possible. - Dr. Ridal

Date: 22/11/1963
Attempt: At 2:29 PM, Every vehicle in John F. Kennedy's motorcade was seen accelerating to an extreme speed, eventually reaching 486 km/h, then smashing into an abandoned building at the very end of the street due to lack of control.
Preventative Measures: Two (2) Temporal Agents dispatched to replace vehicles before motorcade began, assassination continues as usual.

Date: 22/11/1963
Attempt: During a test with SCP-3922 on 10/09/2019, it was placed in front of a recording of John F. Kennedy's assassination. It is only assumed Oswald was arrested and/or killed.
Preventative Measures: The recording was taken out before SCP-3922 took action.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt:

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt:

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: A radical shift in the timeline occurs, ensuring the prevention of several key factors in the assassination, most notably that Kennedy is no longer president. From 09/11/1943, Temporal Anomalies makes contact with itself to report an alteration to the timeline wherein SCP-3721 successfully bombs several Russian cities. Subsequently, Temporal Anomalies is contacted by itself from 19/07/1969, reporting that the Soviet Union has unexpectedly landed a man upon the moon.

A Temporal audit suggests that, for unclear reasons, the 15/04/1970 iteration of PENTAGRAM3 plotted to ensure a Soviet victory in the Space Race, as well as the subsequent declaration of war by the United States, through a series of extensive changes to the timeline. This, incidentally, retroactively ensured that Kennedy would not be assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald.

For a detailed list of alterations, see Incident Report 3780-ABS-Goldwater.

Preventative Measures: Agents from all three departments collaborate to nullify such changes to the best of their abilities. Partway through the process, all three agencies exhaust their budgetary resources, requiring a loan from the Temporal Anomalies department of 36/14/2155.

Due to the hyperinflation experienced by global markets in the SCIPGOC Collective's timeline, all three of the previous iterations are paid at far greater rates than contemporarily necessary. Thaumaturgists at the Federal Reserve System flag this transaction but do not halt it, leading to a sharp drop in the valuation of USD at three points in the history of the United States.

Temporal auditing suggests that this radicalizes the Temporal Anomalies Department of 21/07/1969 against the Foundation, leading to mass defections to the Chaos Insurgency. In response, the Chaos Insurgency's own Temporal Anomalies Department begins an extensive campaign against the SCP Foundation, leading to their dissolution on 02/01/1924.

At this point, members of the now nonexistent Temporal Anomalies Department make hurried attempts at ensuring their existence. This culminates in the formation of the American Secure Containment Initiative, from which a new temporal instance of the SCP Foundation is eventually formed. Additionally, due to a quirk in its formation, PENTAGRAM is retroactively made a successor organization to the ASCI, and embedded agents are able to successfully prevent it from enacting the alterations it had performed in the original timeline.

At this point, aspects of the original timeline are preserved to a statistically anomalous extent. The exception is the Apollo 11 mission, which the Foundation is forced to fake.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: 5 minutes before the assassination takes place, a Class II Temporal Portal opens at Site-19. Several personnel exit from the portal, explaining that their timeline had suffered an ΩK-Class ("End-of-Death") Scenario, and so they had opened the portal under the hope that connecting their timeline to one which hadn't experienced such a Scenario would cause death to return to their timeline. However, the effect was actually the opposite, causing Baseline to suffer an ΩK-Class Scenario as well. As death was now impossible, Oswald failed to kill Kennedy.

Preventative Measures: The Temporal Anomalies Department could not stop the arrival of the alternate Foundation personnel, as it was believed that any temporal interaction with a point in time before the opening of the Temporal Portal would simply result in the ΩK-Class Scenario spreading to that point in time. After negotiations with the alternate timeline, they agreed to travel back in their own timeline in order to prevent the opening of the Temporal Portal from their side. As a result, the ΩK-Class Scenario never occured in Baseline, and the assassination proceded as normal.

Date: 22/11/1963

Attempt: In an apparent attempt to end the temporal conflict, the Temporal Anomalies Department created an inclusive tautologic loop beginning 12:00AM the day of the successful assassination of Kennedy by Oswald and ending immediately upon his death in the motorcade.

Theoretically, any real or attempted alteration to the loop's preset chronology would produce a closed anti-paradoxical event progression; wherein reality inside the looped region of time would spontaneously adjust to inevitably resolve in the successful assassination of Kennedy by Oswald in 0 time outside the loop. Thus automatically containing attempts to ensure Kennedy's survival while maintaining an undistorted linear progression of time throughout the assassination.

This countermeasure was apparently successful. However, upon the commencement of disruption to the chronology by unknown actors the loop entered a 'Stack Overflow' Type iterative event: The ability of pro-survival parties to deploy countermeasures to the temporally-fixed spacetime region from temporally arbitrary futures inside a 0-time retrocausal loop caused infinite iterations of countermeasures and resolutions to be produced inside the loop. Infinite insertions of individually benign temporal distortions caused local spacetime inside the loop to begin topologically expanding beyond linear directions at a non-computationally solveable rate until threatening the spatial integrity of time outside the loop.

Preventative Measures: Alternate versions of Temporal Anomalies Department agents ████████ and ████ appeared to themselves attempting to construct the loop at 11:45PM, 21/11/1963 to explain to themselves the previously stated complications in the proposed containment strategy. Alternate agents presented the remains of [Redacted] device as evidence of their authenticity.

Alternate agents dematerialized upon ████████ and ████'s decision to abandon the attempt at containment.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License