SCP-3765

rating: +79+x
BY ORDER OF THE OVERSEER COUNCIL
The following file is Level 3/3765 classified
Unauthorized access is forbidden.
3765
Item #: SCP-3765
Object Class: Euclid
Site Responsible: Site-64
Director: Michael Brownfield
Research Head: Jerard Throckmorton
Assigned Task Force: N/A
Level 3/3765
CLASSIFIED

Beaver.png

An instance of SCP-3765 inspecting a small tool.

Special Containment Procedures: Per the Boring Agreement, containment of SCP-3765 defaults to GOI-466 (Wilson's Wildlife Solutions)1. All SCP-3765 instances located that are not in the custody of GOI-466 are to be contained within a Site-64 standard containment chamber and given sufficient food and water. After containment is established, instances of SCP-3765 are to be immediately reported to WWS Liason Frank Richardson and SCP-3765 Head Researcher Throckmorton. Civilian hunting of any beavers within Clackamas County, Oregon is to be discouraged through ad campaigns on local television networks by the WWS.

Description: SCP-3765 is an anomalous group of Castor canadensis2 consisting of at least 1400 beavers found in Clackamas County, Oregon, and centralized in the town of Boring. Instances of SCP-3765 have higher average intelligence and significantly higher collaboration skills than their non-anomalous counterparts.

SCP-3765's primary anomaly is the ability to replicate any human structure after being allowed to examine a building or observe blueprints of a structure for a time relative to its complexity. Instances of SCP-3765 prefer to build their structures on riverbeds and other areas where non-anomalous beavers reside, but have been shown to take civilian "clients" for inland construction. It is worth noting that SCP-3765 will always use wood for all components of a structure, even when non-wood materials are called for3. SCP-3765's secondary anomalous property is the ability to communicate in fluent English.

Addenda:

Addendum SCP-3765-1: Discovery

SCP-3765 was brought to Foundation attention on ██/██/████ after GOI-466 (Wilson's Wildlife Solutions) received a number of phone calls from civilians encountering a group of beavers requesting the blueprints to their homes. See Addendum SCP-3765-2 for a transcript of one such call.


Addendum SCP-3765-2: Transcript

(Caller calls GoI-466. An employee of GoI-466 picks up, hereby referred to as Respondent.)

Respondent: Hello, you have reached the Wilson's Wildlife Solutions Wildlife Helpline, how may I assist you?

Caller: Hi, so the weirdest thing happened just 10 minutes ago, you probably won't believe me.

Respondent: Go ahead sir, I'm sure I've seen weirder things.

Caller: Uh, alright, so these beavers with hard hats knocked on my door and-

Respondent: Oh not these guys again.

Caller: Other people have reported this too?

Respondent: Yeah, just recently we've been swamped with calls about these beavers, but please continue so I can place a full incident report.

Caller: Right so these beavers with hard hats knocked on my door, and when I opened up, they did the weirdest thing, they asked to see the blueprints to my house. I told them I didn't have them and quickly shut the door. Luckily they ran away after that.

Respondent: Thank you, we will have a team come to your house soon, may we have your address?

Caller: Of course! My address is [REDACTED].

Respondent: Thank you, I'll send somebody there as soon as possible. Have a nice day!

[END LOG]

NOTE: A group of WWS employees was dispatched to the Caller's location at 16:38, at 17:23 visual contact was made with SCP-3765, and at 17:35, 15 instances of SCP-3765 were in the WWS's custody.


Addendum SCP-3765-3: WWS Letter Exchange Regarding SCP-3765

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License