SCP-3750
rating: +102+x

Item #: SCP-3750

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: When not in use, SCP-3750 is to be stored in a standard safe-class deposit locker in Site-77. SCP-3750 is not to come in contact with systems or simulations which involve sensitive data, such as predictive algorithms, training simulations and games, as well as systems in which civilians could be considered actors.

Description: SCP-3750 is a standard Staunton-style white king chess piece composed of stained pine. Historical and scientific estimates suggest SCP-3750 was created in late 19th-century Britain, although no particular style or make has been found which matches the entity.

SCP-3750's anomalous properties manifest when it is used as a component in a board game. The player in possession of SCP-3750 will telepathically receive suggestions for moves and tactics along with commentary on the board state and other miscellaneous observations. SCP-3750 seems to have perfect knowledge of the "game state", but otherwise cannot perceive things near or around it, including, but not limited to, sounds, images and the condition and surroundings of SCP-3750.

Regardless of the player, SCP-3750 "speaks" in English and with a voice commonly described as "East Coast American". SCP-3750's suggestions have shown no cognitohazardous or compulsive properties in testing, and players are under no obligation to follow its suggestions.

SCP-3750 was recovered from a chess tournament on July 21, 1984 in Reykjavik, Iceland after numerous players on the white side of table seven complained to tournament officials about a "useless kibitzer". Foundation officials recovered the anomaly and falsified an incident to redirect blame to a player.

Attached below is a game played between junior researcher Joselyn Tal and SCP-3750.

Following this test, further experimentation with other games was performed.

Addendum(2011/09/23): Following incident 3750-1, procedures and regulations regarding access to and testing of SCP-3750 have been updated to reflect new knowledge.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License