SCP-3749

rating: +141+x

Item #: SCP-3749

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3749-A is kept in a fitted, hermetically sealed case lined with shock absorbing gel. This case is inside a vacuum sealed vault equipped with an airlock. An electromagnet beneath the floor is kept powered on at all times. Entry to SCP-3749-A's vault requires BSL-5 biohazard protection and sterilization before approaching.

The remains of SCP-3749-B through -D are kept in similar vaults.

Description: SCP-3749-A is a decorative stainless steel sword that autonomously attacks all life.

As bacteria and microorganisms qualify as life for SCP-3749-A's effect, SCP-3749-A is constantly in high-speed motion as long as they are present. Analysis suggests SCP-3749-A bisects each bacterium individually, moving at speeds of up to Mach 4.

SCP-3749-A is 75 cm long, with an iridescent purple finish and multiple superfluous edges and points that make it unfeasible as a weapon. SCP-3749-A's edges are extremely sharp; electron microscopy shows them to be only a few atoms thick. SCP-3749-A is anomalously damage-resistant, and its edges have not measurably dulled.

SCP-3749-A was discovered in an empty house previously owned by one Humphrey Bingham (POI-11928), an unemployed, misanthropic 43-year-old obsessed with the occult, eschatology, and the Book of Revelation. He appears to have created SCP-3749 by performing an arcane ritual with his collection of novelty weapons.

The shortlived SCP-3749-B through -D, other novelty swords owned by Bingham, were also animated by this ritual. However, SCP-3749-A likely destroyed them, their products, and Bingham himself. SCP-3749-B, -C, and -D were found covered in powdered human bone and biological residue matching bubonic plague (Yersinia pestis) and desert locust shells (Schistocerca gregaria).

After some difficulty, SCP-3749-A was brought to the nearest Site and introduced to an airlocked vacuum chamber. An electromagnet and case were prepared while SCP-3749-A was allowed to destroy the few microbes present in the room. When personnel equipped with BSL-5 suits prepared to enter the cell, SCP-3749-A was lying in the center of the room, sluggishly moving. Closer inspection showed it bending and attempting to cut itself before snapping back in place. SCP-3749-A was then safely placed into the case with the assistance of the electromagnet.

In light of this, controlled use of SCP-3749-A to assist in containing outbreaks of Keter-class biological hazards is currently under consideration.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License