SCP-3721
  • rating: +219+x

⚠️ content warning
Item #: SCP-3721 ƟU-3/3721
Object Class: Keter Classified

Threat Level: Red


evaanddavid.jpg

The Höchstleistungsrechenzentrum Stuttgart, where SCP-3721-1 is located.


evaanddavid2.jpg

SCP-3721-1, pictured with Agent Heiden.

Special Containment Procedures: With the conclusion of the Theta-Unseelie project, resources formerly allocated to SCP-3721-1's study are to be permanently allocated towards its containment.

SCP-3721-1 is surrounded by a Faraday cage that attenuates incoming radio waves. To this end, Mobile Task Force Theta-18 ("Antisemitics Division")1 has been tasked with sabotaging associated Obskurakorps communication stations as they are discovered. As a precautionary measure, misleading radio reports are to be transmitted to SCP-3721-1 on a constant basis.

Due to the nature and location of SCP-3721-2, containment is focused on misdirection and prevention. As such, several Foundation-owned transmission stations are to monitor SCP-3721-2's movements. Misinformation transmissions are to be beamed from all stations where SCP-3721-2 is currently visible, with a <25% veracity overlap to those transmitted to SCP-3721-1. Foundation assets are to work with civilian space programs to reduce debris within SCP-3721-2's flight path and prevent collisions with mundane satellites.

Areas targeted by SCP-3721-2 are to be sprayed with aerosolized amnestics, and Abnormal Cover Story-10 ("Meteor strike") is to be disseminated to news media. Due to the severity of SCP-3721-2's strikes, the Gaslight Protocol is recommended for direct witnesses.

Decryption and analysis of SCP-3721's novel transmission systems are Kappa-level priorities.

Description: SCP-3721 consists of a spotter device (SCP-3721-1) and a rudimentary satellite (SCP-3721-2) which compose a kinetic bombardment system developed by Ahnenerbe Obskurakorps for long-range strikes against the Allied Powers. Recovered documentation suggest its designs were reworked from a previously existing device; however, all records pertaining to such a device appear to have been destroyed.

SCP-3721-1 is a series of mainframe computers connected to an array of printers and esoteric radio equipment. Much of the wiring is redundant or obsolete; additionally, exposed wiring, improper cooling systems, and structural decay has rendered maintenance unsafe. Despite extensive signs of wear and vandalism, SCP-3721-1 remains functional.

SCP-3721-1 processes information relating to geopolitical events and uses such information to instruct SCP-3721-2 on when to fire. Ambient radio transmissions are analyzed, compared to SCP-3721-2's movements, and selectively passed over at SCP-3721-1's discretion. Additionally, surviving documentation suggests SCP-3721-1 controls a binary setting that inflicts a continuous sense of pain in SCP-3721-2 while activated.

Movements, communications, and actions are automatically recorded by SCP-3721-1; however, recordings are encrypted through a series of nondeterministically-cycled patterns2, with shifts occurring between 38-841 second intervals. To date, only Pattern 19 has been decrypted.

evaanddavid1.jpg

Aftermath of SCP-
3721-2's 22/11/1943 strike.

SCP-3721-2 is a cylindrical satellite in asynchronous orbit with Earth. SCP-3721-2's surface is covered in an array of ceramic panels, most of which have either broken off or been reconstituted in order to repair internal systems. Underneath SCP-3721-2's frame is a series of mechanical arms that assist in operations.

When SCP-3721-2 was first launched, it had been fitted with an internally adjustable thrust system, self-repair equipment, a magazine containing six tungsten poles, and a vestigial radio receiver; despite this, SCP-3721-2 cannot interpret radio signals.3 As expected of long-term low earth orbit, SCP-3721-2 has suffered extensive wear, which it has attempted to repair with surrounding space debris.

As noted above, SCP-3721-2 is almost entirely reliant upon SCP-3721-1 for guidance; it cannot perceive any object further than 30 meters from its position.

Firing is managed by SCP-3721-2, and involves braking ammunition out of orbit. Kinetic energy loss is kept at a minimum through the aerodynamic design of ammunition, resulting in a significant amount of force upon impact.

Should SCP-3721-2's magazine be empty or its structural integrity be sufficiently compromised, it will actively search for orbital debris with which to reconstruct itself. Otherwise, SCP-3721-2 will fire if its flight path takes it over a suspected population center, regardless of nationality.


HISTORY

SCP-3721's existence was first theorized on 09/11/1943, following a series of kinetic strikes against Stuttgart, Nuremberg, Weimar, and Berlin. Although the Foundation believed it to be the work of an Allied eigenweapon, Foundation intelligence was unable to confirm the source of the attacks until March of 1945.

MTF-Theta ("Hole in the Wall") confirmed SCP-3721's existence on 06/03/1945, following a raid on Obskurakorps's Dresden offices. Capture was authorized on 19/04/1945, although efforts to secure SCP-3721 were met with difficulties as a result of Stuttgart's occupation and interference from the American Supernatural Containment Initiative (ASCI).

SCP-3721 was finally secured by the Foundation on 21/01/1949. Containment procedures were implemented in full on 24/01/1949.


ANALYSIS OF RECOVERED DOCUMENTATION

The majority of documentation comes from the raid of Obskurakorps's Dresden offices, as well as evidence procured by former Obskurakorps clerical aide Daniela Heiden during the Nuremberg Trials.

Development began in 1940 following the failure of the Aggregat 2‘ program. SCP-3721’s development was split between Obskurakorps' aerospace and biology divisions, headed by Drs. Wilfried Akermann and Eva Zellweger4, respectively. Both divisions were assisted by an unnamed engineer5 that had worked on a precursor device.

Obskurakorps' aerospace division focused primarily upon the launch capabilities of SCP-3721-2, along with the weaponization of existing systems. While initial engine designs were based on von Braun's A3, later drafts would take a more esoteric approach to fueling. Ultimately, engine design would be outsourced to the biology division. Meanwhile, plans to resupply SCP-3721-2 with ammunition on a bi-monthly basis were considered, but never implemented.

The biology division's primary objective was the development of a target identification system. To prevent appropriation by the Allied powers, a two-factor system manned by effectively sentient controllers was proposed; in effect, this took the form of an esoteric engine composed of beryllium bronze and human brain tissue. The first of these engines were built and implemented on 06/10/1943.

SCP-3721-2's launch6 was overseen by Dr. Ackermann on 09/11/1943, with a projected flight path over several Russian population centers. SCP-3721-2 would proceed to fire upon four German population centers in the span of a day. Development of SCP-3721 was immediately halted.

Despite her status as project director, Dr. Zellweger was tightly managed by her superiors until her disappearance on 06/10/1943. Personal accounts would describe Zellweger as patient and cordial, if increasingly withdrawn as the project continued.

A majority of blueprints and design documents contain commentary in broken German, often accompanied by sketches of vegetation; such commentary does not appear past 05/10/1943.


DECRYPTED COMMUNICATIONS

SCP-3721's encryption methods do not resemble known Obskurakorps cryptography. As such, decoding SCP-3721's output has proven difficult.

The following is true of Pattern 19, and supposedly true of the rest of SCP-3721's output: Information is printed in a series of two channels, the first representing communications between SCP-3721-1 and -2, and the second signalling the pain function. All communication is written in a pidgin of German and Yiddish. SCP-3721-1 is referred to as "CONTROLLER", and SCP-3721-2 is referred to as "PLANTER".

The majority of patterns employed bear resemblance to 1930s Ashkenazi paracryptography. The significance of this is unknown.








Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License