SCP-3652
rating: +59+x

 
Item #: SCP-3652
 
Object Class: Safe
 
Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3652 is to be stored in a standard item storage locker at Site-179. Due to potential for harm, testing must be approved by at least one person on-site with Level 3 clearance, and testing must occur in a blast-proof room. Testing deemed especially dangerous or unethical by Level 3 personnel, including placing living creatures inside SCP-3652, must be escalated to a member of staff with Level 4 clearance for approval. Any person who is to place an item inside of SCP-3652 must be interviewed in regard to their belief on the meaning of the phrase "turn inside out" and screened for any level of education or knowledge that may affect this belief, to avoid a scenario similar to Test 5 (see Testing Logs).
 
Description: SCP-3652 is a corrugated cardboard Plain Brown Box (as named by Home Depot), measuring 76.2cm x 76.2cm x 76.2cm, with walls approximately 3mm thick. When an item is placed into SCP-3652 and it is shut, the item is turned inside out over a period of exactly five (5) minutes. Due to the fact that there is currently no known method of viewing the inside of the object while this occurs, SCP-3652's exact workings remain a mystery.
 
During this period of time, SCP-3652 exhibits the Vickers hardness of non-anomalous corrugated cardboard and will not dull knives which are used on it. Despite this, no opening in the object can be made via any currently known means, conventional (lifting the flaps) or unconventional (tearing or piercing), though it can be folded or dented in ways that do not produce an opening. Knives and other such implements used on SCP-3652 consistently appear to temporarily lose all sharpness, merely indenting the object before stopping completely. SCP-3652 will also contain concussive forces during this period of time (see Test 5), as well as repelling all forms of radiation (e.g. X-ray) intended to allow one to view inside it. Upon the five (5) minutes having elapsed, SCP-3652 is then able to be opened.
 
Testing has revealed that the effect of SCP-3652 appears to be dependent on the person who placed the item inside it (hereafter referred to as "subject"), specifically their perception of the meaning of the phrase "turn inside out", though this appears to have constraints (see Test 8).
 
When SCP-3652 is not closed, it can be damaged as if it were non-anomalous cardboard, though any such damage regenerates over a period of five (5) minutes when the box is again closed. Its function will not begin until all damage has been repaired. Given that SCP-3652 appears to be influenced by human belief, it is possible that the level of structural integrity the object must have before being "closed" is dependent on the person who closes it. As SCP-3652 requires being in a closed state to begin repairing damage, tests which may lead to severe damage (e.g. disintegration) to the object, such that it cannot be reassembled sufficiently to close (or rather, for the average human to consider it closed), must be approved by Level 4 personnel to avoid its permanent destruction.
 
SCP-3652 was purchased by Aiden ███████ in 2015 as part of a 5 Moving Box Bundle, for the purpose of relocating a cathode ray tube television from his parents' home to his newly purchased apartment. Television arrived at apartment in a state of extreme destruction, with the majority of the wires outside the main body of the television. ███████ attempted to bring a lawsuit against the moving company which transported SCP-3652, at which point Foundation personnel became aware of the object. The other 4 Plain Brown Boxes which SCP-3652 were purchased with display no anomalous properties, and were successfully used by ███████ to transport various other possessions, before being disposed of.
 
It is unknown why SCP-3652 displays its anomalous properties, as according to thorough Foundation investigation the object was manufactured identically to other Plain Brown Boxes with raw materials (paper, glue) also found in other (non-anomalous) products.
 
Addendum:
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License