SCP-3623
rating: +41+x


WELCOME TO SCiPNET, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR LOGIN CREDENTIALS


18/3/2023
Username chriserwick
Password * * * * *

HELLO, Christopher Erwick, HAVE A NICE DAY

Profile: Dr. Christopher Erwick, Director of Site-91
Security Clearance: Level 4
Status: Online (Now)



NOTIFICATION

You have a new urgent message.

FROM: Researcher Madeleine Sailer
TO: Dr. Christopher Erwick

I am sorry. Dug too deep. Respond as soon as possible.

Reply

FROM: Dr. Christopher Erwick
TO: Researcher Madeleine Sailer

What is it?




EDIT

YOU HAVE ONE SAVED FILE EDIT, WOULD YOU LIKE TO CONTINUE WRITING?

Yes

Opening File: SCP-3623, version 1.2. …



Task Interupted.
You have a new urgent message.



NOTIFICATION

You have a new urgent message.

FROM: Researcher Madeleine Sailer
TO: Dr. Christopher Erwick

Alright, Chris, I need your help. That work I was assigned to? I found out something I wasn't supposed to. I'm in trouble and I can't get out of it, not this time. I need a favour and it has to be a big one. We have known each other for the longest time and I trust you. It won't be easy, if it was, I would ask someone else to do it. I have done a lot for you over the past 12 years and you have done a lot for me. Please help me with this.
Kill me.

Close





Opening File: SCP-3623…







Item #: SCP-3623

Object Class: Euclid

Threat Level: Blue

Special Containment Procedures: As of writing this document, Foundation was successful in containing 13 instances of SCP-3623 out of at least 200 worldwide1. The population of SCP-3623 is slowly increasing by unknown means.

SCP-3623-1 through -11 are to be contained close to their respective hosts, in a standard humanoid containment cell in Site-91. Instances are to be housed separately from their hosts but in close proximity of no more than 3 kilometres. On-site personnel are to be reminded that while instances of SCP-3623 do not have the same needs as their hosts, they should be treated as if they had.

An exception is to be made in case of SCP-3623-12 and -13, whose hosts are currently Foundation employees. Due to their similarity to humans and their state as anomalous entities, Protocol Artwork-VII has been devised and applies for any instance of SCP-3623 that infects transfers to Foundation personnel. See Addendum 3623-2 for more information regarding Protocol Artwork-VII.


NOTIFICATION

You have a new urgent message.

FROM: Researcher Madeleine Sailer
TO: Dr. Christopher Erwick

I know you, Chris, don't you dare leave me now. Listen, I just need you to understand. There is no way to help me.

Close


Mobile Task Force is to actively search for and contain instances of SCP-3623 and their hosts.

Remaining uncontained instances are to be captured if found but no active searching is to be enacted due to difficulty of such task and the low level of danger that SCP-3623 represents.

Description: SCP-3623 is an intelligent species of anomalous parasitic symbiotic humanoids, which uses sentient species, usually humans, as their host. The connection between SCP-3623 and its host is psychological and does not require physical contact to form. Persons affected by SCP-3623 experience a variety of symptoms ranging from headache to loss of consciousness, however, they are not in any immediate danger.


NOTIFICATION

You have a new urgent message.

FROM: Researcher Madeleine Sailer
TO: Dr. Christopher Erwick

Just listen, or read. I cannot explain what I did, we both know that when it comes to work, not asking questions might save your life. Now I know that you will feel like shit but that is better than being dead right?

Reply

FROM: Dr. Christopher Erwick
TO: Researcher Madeleine Sailer

I am listening. Just because it's you.


Biology of SCP-3623 is identical to human with a few key differences:

  • Only female instances of SCP-3623 exist.
  • Reproductive systems of SCP-3623 do not function2.
  • SCP-3623 do not require any nutrition other than energy drained from their hosts but have completely functioning digestive systems.
  • Stable Hume Field of exactly 0.87 Humes has been observed in all contained instances of SCP-3623 to date and has proved to be the only effective way of identifying instances of SCP-3623 from humans. Instances of SCP-3623 have not been observed to have any reality bending abilities.
  • SCP-3623 have an extremely long lifespan. To date, no known occurrence of natural death has been observed in SCP-36233.


NOTIFICATION

You have a new urgent message.

FROM: Researcher Madeleine Sailer
TO: Dr. Christopher Erwick

Fine. Look I just want you to know that I love you and all of this emotional bullshit, you know but there isn't time for that. I have time until tomorrow at best and trust me that I am panicking as much as I can. This needs to be done.

Reply

FROM: Dr. Christopher Erwick
TO: Researcher Madeleine Sailer

Mady, I am trying my best to understand but… What do you want me to do? Walk into your office with a gun? I am not a killer, I wouldn't hurt anyone, let alone you.


Roughly every 72 hours, SCP-3623 will start a "feeding event". In order for SCP-3623 to start feeding, a distance of maximally 5 kilometres from the host has to be established, otherwise, the subject will starve. There is no observable change in behaviour of SCP-3623 and the entities in question do not report feeling any change either4, however, the host does experience this event as a sudden surge of weariness, sometimes accompanied by headaches. Strength of this surge depends on the time passed since the last feeding event.


NOTIFICATION

You have a new urgent message.

FROM: Researcher Madeleine Sailer
TO: Dr. Christopher Erwick

You'll find a way. You were always the creative one. :)

Reply

FROM: Dr. Christopher Erwick
TO: Researcher Madeleine Sailer

I have you to thank for that…

PS: Smileys? Really? Now?


An anomalous side effect of this feeding is described as a sudden compulsion to create and engage in activities regarded as artistic, such as writing poems or playing instruments. This can be used as an indicator of the connection between host and SCP-3623 as affected persons may exhibit a change in behaviour. It is to be noted, that this effect only creates artistic compulsion and does not enhance any previous skill. Because of this, instances of SCP-3623 generally prefer people with pre-existing artistic capabilities, when switching hosts.


NOTIFICATION

You have a new urgent message.

FROM: Researcher Madeleine Sailer
TO: Dr. Christopher Erwick

This is getting too cheezy. Just… just think of something. Please. For me.

Close


Addendum 3623-1: Transfer Process

Transfer process occurs only when the host of SCP-3623 dies and cannot happen otherwise. In the opposite scenario, where SCP-3623 dies, the host starts developing symptoms of depression and various psychological problems leading to eventual suicide in 93% of cases. During this process, SCP-3623 will experience a great amount of pain and involuntarily undergo an event similar to metamorphosis. SCP-3623 will replace at least 50% of its genome and go through a complete body and personality change. The memory of SCP-3623 is also replaced. It is to be noted that in some cases, SCP-3623 will retain the memory of its nature as an anomalous entity.

Most subjects will almost instantly accustom to their new personalities and bodies. Their memory is completely replaced with false memories of their life, similar to the effects of amnestic treatment. Interestingly, SCP-3623 is extremely resilient against any other amnestic effect. It is also to be noted that instances of SCP-3623 and their respective hosts often exhibit a subconscious need to stay close to one another, even when not aware of their psychic link.


NOTIFICATION

You have a new urgent message.

FROM: Researcher Madeleine Sailer
TO: Dr. Christopher Erwick

Are you here? Did you think of anything yet?

Close


Addendum 3623-2: Protocol Artwork-VII



NOTIFICATION

You have a new urgent message.

FROM: Researcher Madeleine Sailer
TO: Dr. Christopher Erwick

You know. I was thinking. I know I shouldn't but… I can't help it. Do you remember that time when we first met? I was just an assistant back then and I kinda miss it…

Close


Addendum 3623-3: List of contained instances

NOTIFICATION

You have a new urgent message.

FROM: Researcher Madeleine Sailer
TO: Dr. Christopher Erwick

Chris. I am scared.

Reply

FROM: Dr. Christopher Erwick
TO: Researcher Madeleine Sailer

Listen, Mady… I… This is my last chance to say something. Those years we spent together? I wouldn't change a thing. Hope to see you again someday. Goodbye.

PS: I found another way. You have a chance now.


EDIT

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO OVERWRITE THIS FILE?
Yes

Saving data…

Overwriting existing file…

> File updated to version 1.3.


Upload

Select file:



Uploading…

Upload Succesful


NOTIFICATION

You have a new urgent message.

FROM: Researcher Madeleine Sailer
TO: Dr. Christopher Erwick

Chris?

Terminal inactive, shutting down in 20 minutes


Shutting down in 15 minutes.

NOTIFICATION

You have a new urgent message.

FROM: Researcher Madeleine Sailer
TO: Dr. Christopher Erwick

Chris, please answer.




Shutting down in 10 minutes.


Shutting down in 5 minutes.


Shutting down in 3 minutes.

NOTIFICATION

You have a new urgent message.

FROM: Researcher Madeleine Sailer
TO: Dr. Christopher Erwick

You didn't. Please. Respond. Please.




Shutting down in 1 minute.


Shutting down.




Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License