SCP-3560
rating: +316+x
forest.jpg

SCP-3560's interior.

Item #: SCP-3560

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Due to its proximity to an existing Foundation containment site, SCP-3560 is currently contained by Site-64 staff. All trails leading to SCP-3560 are to be closed to public access via a cover story of a severe landslide. Civilians attempting to access SCP-3560's location are to be detained by security personnel under the guise of Portland Park Rangers. Use of Class-A amnestics on detained civilians has been approved.

Description: SCP-3560 is a Class-3 interdimensional portal located within Forest Park, Portland, Oregon. The portal itself resembles an ellipse made of white fog standing vertically on its end, with an approximate length of 1 m along the major axis. Physical objects that approach SCP-3560 from either face can enter its interior.

The interior of SCP-3560 is a monochrome temperate forest. While plants located within SCP-3560's interior are made of biological material, they do not undergo cellular processes typical to similar non-anomalous plants. The entirety of SCP-3560's interior is covered in a constant fog that restricts visibility to approximately 40 m. Despite having no apparent light sources, SCP-3560's interior is lit at a constant illuminance of approximately 3 lux. The full size of SCP-3560's interior is currently unknown, with no exploration attempt locating a perimeter.

SCP-3560's interior is inhabited by multiple automatons resembling the product models of Anderson Robotics in various states of disrepair1 (here after referred to as instances of SCP-3560-1). SCP-3560-1 are frequently hostile to human life, particularly Foundation personnel, and have proven indestructible while within SCP-3560. Attempts to capture instances of SCP-3560-1 and remove them from within SCP-3560 have been met with failure, as all instances become intangible and vanish shortly upon exiting SCP-3560's interior.

Exploration of SCP-3560's interior is currently ongoing. Exploration of SCP-3560's interior has been suspended indefinitely.

Addendum 3560-A: Exploration Log 3560-3

Addendum 3560-B: Interview 3560-1

Addendum 3560-C: Incident 3560-4

On 12/3/2027 an additional four instances of SCP-3560 manifested, with two forming within Site-64's staff dormitories and two within the Unusual Incidents Unit's Three Portlands Headquarters, bringing the total number of instances to eight. Instances of SCP-3560-1 were observed to be capable of leaving SCP-3560's interior as Level 4 Apparitions, and abducted a total of twelve UIU and Site-64 personnel2.

Use of Hoffman Portable Electro-Thaumic Units3 proved effective in exorcising these SCP-3560-1 instances. Investigation into means of closing additional SCP-3560 instances is currently ongoing.

Attempts to enter SCP-3560 and rescue abducted personnel has so far been met with limited success. The remains of four of the twelve abducted personnel have been recovered from within SCP-3560 in various states of mutilation:

Personnel Name Current Position Former Position State on Recovery
Debora Stevens Foundation: AIAD Programmer Anderson Robotics Advanced Logic Division Found strung from a tree via aramid fibers. Subject appeared to have had multiple strips of flesh removed from his body.
Charles Freeman Foundation: Paratech Development Anderson Robotics Research and Development Found in a clearing. Subject had been exsanguinated4.
Arav Jindal UIU: Surveillance Specialist Anderson Robotics Research and Development Found dismembered over a distance of 1 km.
Mari Tanaka UIU: Public Relations Anderson Robotics Customer Liaison Found adjacent to a SCP-3560 entryway. Subject had her skin removed and was revealed to be an Anderson Robotics Saker Android. Subject was unresponsive, with her internal AI heavily corrupted.

Each recovered individual was found bearing a heart symbol with a jagged line running down its center sewn into their back with aramid fibers. Attempts to locate the remaining abducted personnel is ongoing.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License