SCP-3554
rating: +139+x
canning_machine.jpg

An exposed piece of machinery within SCP-3554.

Item #: SCP-3554

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: Site-90 has been established around the SCP-3554 facility. Any goods produced by SCP-3554 may be destroyed or used within Site-90 at the discretion of the Site Director. Other use is prohibited.

Site-90 has been disguised as a historical site shuttered due to structural safety concerns. SCP-3554 is the primary purpose of Site-90. Exposure of Site-90 may result in an international incident between the GRU "P" Division and the Foundation.

Description: SCP-3554 refers to an underground canning facility occupying approximately 2 square kilometers underneath the Neva River in St. Petersburg, Russia. It possesses a single entrance with limited access to a distribution point, with no access to any internal workings of the factory.

The factory is fully automated and will produce approximately 80,000 cans of borscht per day, under the "Содружество" brand1, pre-packaged in shipping pallets. This occurs without any external inputs. Visible factory equipment is obsolete, and driven through unknown means. Production begins promptly at 8:00 AM local time, and ceases at 12:00 AM the next day. No mechanism of disabling production appears to exist - SCP-3554 has no external electrical source, and internal mechanisms are self-contained.

Produced cans are non-anomalous - the borscht contained within is described by test subjects as bland and subpar, but edible.

Historical Information: SCP-3554 was established in 1914 by the Imperial Russian Ministry of War, with the assistance of the Sub-Ministry for the Secret, a precursor the GRU "P" Division, in order to supply frontline troops. Records of the location, existence, and function of SCP-3554 were lost or destroyed in the Russian Revolution, during which the Foundation quietly took control and scrubbed remaining traces of its existence.

SCP-3554 was the focal point of Ethics Committee Case #784. See attached documents for further details.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License