SCP-3550
rating: +69+x

Item #: SCP-3550

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3550 is to be contained at Site-42 in a modified humanoid containment chamber without an observation window. All observation of SCP-3550 is to be made indirectly, through camera feed. Access to SCP-3550 and its chamber is restricted to Dr. Rosetta and janitorial staff.

Along with standard sanitation and minimal furniture requirements, SCP-3550 has been issued a computer with limited internet access with approval of Site Overseer and Ethics Committee. The only approved use of this computer is writing a diary (requested for therapeutic reason by Dr. Rosetta) and to access the '██████ support group chatroom for cancer patients and survivors.' Chat logs are to be monitored for the sake of information security. The profile SCP-3550 uses is anonymous, and will continue to be.

Requests for leisure items should be filed to the Site-Overseer and will be approved or denied at the discretion of Site-42 Security Overseer and Ethics Committee.

SCP-3550 has agreed to wear custom-made blacked out goggles1 during therapy sessions or when in visual contact with security personnel. Physical contact with SCP-3550 is strictly prohibited without use of protective gloves.

Food must be supplied through a feeding hatch situated near the entrance of the containment chamber. While SCP-3550's diet has no special requirements, SCP-3550 has refused to eat several times since initial containment. When undernourishment is judged to be present, Fortisip or intravenous food drip can be administered at the discretion of both Dr. Rosetta and the Ethics Committee. SCP-3550 is to be restrained only when absolutely necessary.

Accommodations to improve SCP-3550's mental health have been requested and approved, such as reading material, radio and television. Dr. Rosetta has evaluated that SCP-3550 has a medium to high risk of suicide. The containment chamber contains no furniture higher than SCP-3550's waist, and no sharp objects and edges are allowed inside the containment cell. SCP-3550's garments are devoid of items that may assist in self-termination such as shoelaces, belts and ties.

SCP-3550 receives weekly therapy sessions on Wednesday at 18:00 performed by Dr. Rosetta in treatment of clinical depression and general anxiety disorder. SCP-3550 is required to take 20mg 40mg of fluoxetine daily as prescribed by Dr. Langford.

To the public, the abnormal rate of diagnoses of cancer in ██████ has been attributed to radiation poisoning through accident at the ████████████ nuclear power plant situated near the town.

Description: SCP-3550 is a female human, born in 1996. SCP-3550 is physically healthy with the exception of mild malnutrition. There are several places on its scalp where the hair has been forcefully removed. It has a history of severe psychological problems since its initial recovery. █ suicide attempts have been recorded since containment began in 200█ (see extended psychiatric evaluation).

Exposure to SCP-3550's direct line of sight will result in malignant cancerous tumours appearing in the body of the viewer in 100% of cases. This extends to physical contact. Cancer cells are typically discovered in the liver or brain of affected persons, and metastasis has been reported to occur within a period of between two weeks and one year. This has resulted in the loss of the majority of SCP-3550's family, friends and over 58% of the population of ██████, SCP-3550's home town.

This anomaly has started relatively recently, possibly manifesting after SCP-3550 became adolescent. SCP-3550 is aware of its anomaly, and expresses severe distress and feelings of remorse when mentioned. Based on SCP-3550's reports, it is theorised that the speed of its anomalous effects on a subject is proportional to the degree of SCP-3550's emotional attachment to the subject. In keeping with SCP-3550's continued mental stability, this information is withheld from it. SCP-3550 has shown complete cooperation with its containment but frequently requests to be terminated.

05/06/20██: Termination request by Dr. Langford 05/06/20██: Denied. Object does not pose risk to personnel under current containment procedures. ~ Site Director.

06/06/20██: Termination request by Dr. Langford 06/06/20██: Denied. ~ Dr. ███ - Senior Staff Ethics committee.

07/06/20██: Prescription change to █████ by Dr. Langford: Denied due to risk of lethal overdose. ~ Senior Medical staff.

08/06/20██: Dr. Langford has been reassigned to another project by order of O5-█ and Site Overseer.

09/06/20██: SCP-3550's mental condition has worsened severely. Attempts suicide around 0:23 and has to be restrained by security personnel. No injuries. Security officer ████ requests reassignment. Request approved by Site Overseer.

09/06/20██: Dr. Langford requests to be returned to Site-49 for assignment at the earliest convenience to another object (SCP-████)on-site.

10/06/20██: Dr. Langford has been administered Class-C Amnestics and will be reassigned off-site for the foreseeable future. She will be replaced by Dr. Rosetta effective immediately. ~ O5-█

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License