SCP-3067
rating: +77+x

Item #: SCP-3067

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Active containment of SCP-3067, which involved an information-suppression scheme and a satellite-based electromagnetic intercepting system, has been postponed. Should SCP-3067 return, these systems are to be reimplemented immediately. Excluding that of Week 5, audio tracks from SCP-3067 are stored physically in Room 12 at Site-40. Access is denied to Level 1 personnel and below.

Description: SCP-3067 is an ovoid extraterrestrial object, 16m in length, that orbited Earth for 5 weeks. SCP-3067 materialised on ██/██/20██, and directed a series of Very High Frequency (VHF) electromagnetic waves towards Earth until its disappearance on ██/██/20██. These were transmitted once per week, and could be detected by all FM receivers enclosed in SCP-3067's radio horizon. Transmissions sourced by SCP-3067 covered all known carrier frequencies and 'overrode' others by unknown means, making its content receivable across all tunings, and the only content available, unless intercepted by Foundation satellites. Objects entering a field of 2m around SCP-3067 were destroyed by an unknown force, which negated Foundation efforts to contain it on Earth. Attempts to establish remote communications with SCP-3067 were unsuccessful, as no response was received.

5 audio tracks from SCP-3067 were received, some of which exhibited anomalous effects. SCP-3067 had been thought not to bear any relation to humanity until Week 2, in which an audibly recognisable version of Adele's 2008 song 'Make You Feel My Love', albeit subject to major alterations, was transmitted. This prompted a thorough investigation into the origin of SCP-3067, which was unsuccessful.

Per transmission, FM receivers with a visual interface were able to display a short message from SCP-3067 in English. The message was invariable, and is as follows:

DIMENSION / REALM GRACED BY TELEPORTING SONIC SPECTACLE PRESENCE! STRICTLY SPEAKING BETWEEN-REALMM LEGISLATION DEEMED ILLEGAL KEEPING MOVING WANT NO BETWEEN-REALM ENFORCERS ON MY TAIL GOODBYE SOON SORRY. H OPE TO IMPROVE EARTH MUSIC PREFERENCE SINCE AT THE MOMENT A BIT CRAP BUT ITS OK

This message was followed by individualised lines of text and/or symbols, relative to the transmission received in that week. Details of individual transmissions are listed below.

Addendum: New visual information from the [REDACTED] satellite, which was present in the same approximate location as SCP-3067 at the time of its disappearance, has been confiscated. The disappearance of SCP-3067 was captured in a minute-long video by this satellite.

Details are as follows: at 0:46, SCP-3067 emits a flash of light before disappearing. Several seconds later, at 0:51, an orderly arrangement of 5 light-emitting objects of unknown size, now designated SCP-3067-A, appears spontaneously. These objects are flashing, and move frantically around the area of space that SCP-3067 occupied. At 0:54, the objects comprising SCP-3067-A each emit a divergent beam of light, which appear to 'scan' the surrounding area. Then, at 0:58, SCP-3067-A de-materialises in a similar fashion to SCP-3067. Like SCP-3067, the origin of SCP-3067-A is unknown.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License